Purbeck Bimble, Dorset, weekend of 3/4th July

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Asposium

Purbeck Bimble, Dorset, weekend of 3/4th July

Post by Asposium »

Anyone interested in riding this route as a weekend bimble?
A leisurely ride with an excuse for ice cream, cake, and fish 'n' chips

say the weekend of 3/4 july

could meet friday evening or sat morning

https://bikepacking.com/routes/purbeck- ... dorset-uk/
Dyffers

Re: Purbeck Bimble, Dorset, weekend of 3/4th July

Post by Dyffers »

As a local, I've always thought that route a bit convoluted, and missing some of the best descents in the Purbecks.

I would suggest riding the Purbeck parts of Charlie's Gravel Dash route and adding in Woodhyde and Franks Tank trails. Go to Arne to sit on the beach as well if you like, but Studland with the nudists (I've never actually witnessed anyone nude there) would be just as good.

I'm doing battle with my social secretary about riding elsewhere that weekend but if (when) I lose that battle I might be interested in a mooch around the Purbecks instead, with or without overnight stop.
Asposium

Post by Asposium »

Route is flexible.

More an excuse to get out for a ride.
Teaman

Post by Teaman »

Dyffers wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:20 am As a local, I've always thought that route a bit convoluted, and missing some of the best descents in the Purbecks.

I would suggest riding the Purbeck parts of Charlie's Gravel Dash route and adding in Woodhyde and Franks Tank trails. Go to Arne to sit on the beach as well if you like, but Studland with the nudists (I've never actually witnessed anyone nude there) would be just as good.

I'm doing battle with my social secretary about riding elsewhere that weekend but if (when) I lose that battle I might be interested in a mooch around the Purbecks instead, with or without overnight stop.
Hi
I am away that weekend but would be very grateful if you were able to share any gps of your suggested routes, as keen to explore that area. Thanks.
fatpacker

Post by fatpacker »

I'm not available but it's certainly a nice route. I have done most of it before and the climbs and views are epic.