Dartmoor Spring Thing

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

lune ranger

Dartmoor Spring Thing

Post by lune ranger »

I will be riding out with Shaf, AKA redefined cycles, AKA The Alpkit Ambassador on a bikepacking odyssey - The Dartmoor Spring Thing.
The plan so far is this: meet around midday Sunday 16th May and take in a selection of Dartmoors finest MTB trails and bivi spots. The pace will be social but we intend to cover a goodly distance (I didn’t tell Shaf that yet :grin: )The route is to be confirmed. Whilst it won’t be gratuitously hard there will inevitably be a dusting of the Type II. I hope to choose a route that will whet the whistle of those naive to Dartmoor and put a knowing smile on the faces of the experienced.
Finish will be before lunch on Tuesday 18th May, giving two nights on The Moor with one full and two half days riding.
Wild camping is legit on most of Dartmoor so we won’t even have to hide in the bushes.
The trip will not include any visits to pubs whether inside or out so plan on cooking dinner each night. Cafe’s are fair game although at this point I don’t know if/when we will pass any.
Numbers limited as too big a group is unwieldy.
Start/finish point likely to be Bovey Tracey off the A38 in the south or Chagford off the A30 in the north. Anyone travelling by train and the start point will move to Ivybridge.
PM me if you’d like to join us.
If you are going through hell, keep going.
WSC
redefined_cycles

Re: Dartmoor Spring Thing

Post by redefined_cycles »

What a beautiful name... DST... maybe we could make an ITT of the route in years to come. No pubs you say, :o :lol:

Thanks Luke and it's much appreciated. Can't wait (kind of... though not looking forward to the type 2 sections)...
lune ranger

Post by lune ranger »

As you mention it, I’ve been cooking up a Dartmoor ITT for sometime. I thought I’d call it the Dartmoor 200 (km) and hopefully in years to come the cool kids will call it the D200... more of that later.
WSC
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

I would have ridden over but Sunday's a school night for me .. ah and Helen's 50th birthday ;-)
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
lune ranger

Post by lune ranger »

Ping me if you go on a weekend. If I’m not healing the sick, I’ll be there.
WSC