Borders 350/220 Registration Open.

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Ray Young

Borders 350/220 Registration Open.

Post by Ray Young »

I had thought of not doing the group start anymore due to lack of numbers but I've had three people requesting a start this year without any advertising so I'm going to go for it again this year if lockdown allows.
Start Sat 28 Aug, English bank holiday weekend.
I'm thinking of moving the start to Moffat to break up the gravel and it's easier to get to for a lot of the UK.
Contact me at borders350itt@gmail.com to register interest.
I'm currently working on tweaking the route but haven't been able to do so yet due to lockdown restrictions so I'll send route info out when I get round to it.
Last edited by Ray Young on Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In Reverse

Re: Borders 350/220 Registration Open.

Post by In Reverse »

I'll hopefully be there Ray. I'll email nearer the time.
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

In Reverse wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:31 pm I'll hopefully be there Ray. I'll email nearer the time.
:-bd
donaldbmcintosh

Post by donaldbmcintosh »

As per my email, count me in too please for the 350. Looking forward to it.
Aindriu

Post by Aindriu »

Great Ray - looking forward to trying to improve on my DNF from last year :oops:. Thanks for organising again.
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

I've been looking at alternate parts of the route as I wasn't very happy with last year's addition through the wind farm as it adds too much gravel. The reasoning behind it was to get rid of the overlong Devils Beeftub bikehike but you know what, I think that bikehike section is part of what the Borders route is about so it's going back in albeit in a modified form. That is to say it will be slightly shorter but also more exhilerating. I'm going to go ride it soon and if that doesn't work then another shorter alternative will take you straight down through Spout Craig.
I'm also changing the start of the route for something easier, adding in two man made red routes and changing a gravel downhill in the Cheviots to a single track downhill. I'm pretty sure this will be the last and final version of the route. Oh, and the start finish will be at the same point in Peebles.

Currently ten signed up.

Thanks.
Aindriu

Post by Aindriu »

Sounds good Ray - looking forward to seeing the updated route. :-bd

I see that a few years back someone set up a tracking page with Spotwalla. Did this work well? Seems to work with either a spot tracker (which i don't have) or a smartphone app. Would this be something others would be interested in for the group start? If so I'm happy to look into options.
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

Aindriu wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:20 pm Sounds good Ray - looking forward to seeing the updated route. :-bd

I see that a few years back someone set up a tracking page with Spotwalla. Did this work well? Seems to work with either a spot tracker (which i don't have) or a smartphone app. Would this be something others would be interested in for the group start? If so I'm happy to look into options.
The tracker worked well and your more than welcome to set one up.

Not had a chance to ride the new bits but hoping to get out soon. The new route won't be too much different from the old and will still have all the same supply points.