Future plans.....??

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

sean_iow

Re: Future plans.....??

Post by sean_iow »

I had 2 late finishes as I stated at lunchtime on Tuesday and finished lunchtime Thursday so sort of rode it over 2 half days and a full day in the middle.

Over 4 full days you'd only need to average 45 to 50 miles a day.
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

Sean, I love your new picture!
Rapideye

Post by Rapideye »

Cheers for that, Sean, looks really promising. I think that might get the nod before the WHW. I like the area and it has flexibility within it too. I might be getting over ambitious and over-reaching myself but I'm getting lured into thinking of this as a challenge. 4 days?! I'll do it in 3. I have got a 20-30m trip to reach the Trossachs first though.

Had a bike ride with the Kids today and then put up the Trekkertent and made everyone hot chocolate with the 22g stove. Quite impressed by that little thing. Took no time to heat it up.
Verena

Post by Verena »

So without going too far into the exact intricacies and dates, or the Wales v England question, my enthusiasm has just run away with me, and I've made some plans (it just cheers me up, even if/when I have to change them later):

As soon as "stay at home" is lifted, hopefully later March, a BAM "out out", but still local.

As my Easter holidays are now definitely not going to happen, I have still gained a week's leave, of which I will use two for an overnighter, thinking to the Gower and back the scenic route - missing the sea! Hamish, we don't know each other, but you're down that way aren't you? If you fancy a socially distanced brew let me know...

Early May bank holiday, would like to give the BB200 route a go (in dry, warm, sunny weather), from Brecon, over a leisurely 3 days. If anyone fancies joining me, if we're allowed etc. etc., again let me know.

My May Anglesey holiday (3rd attempt :roll: ) should hopefully go ahead this time, going with Mr Z but taking the bike for some exploring.

My June trip to the Taunus in Germany may or may not happen.... but let's hope so.

July or August I'll hope to do that Pembrokeshire trip - again hot and sunny please :grin: .

And something in September, not decided yet....

All in all that makes me feel pretty happy about this year :cool:
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

I’m glad someone else is feeling optimistic :-bd
But hell yes, the sun is going to shine from April to September, even Wales is going to be dry.
BB 200 over three days sounds civilised, pubs could even feature by then, remember them?
We’ve a lot of catching up to do collectively.
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
boxelder

Post by boxelder »

As soon as we can, I'm pedalling to near Arnside for a seaside bivi with my brother, who lives one county away, but I've seen twice in a year.
boxelder

Post by boxelder »

Just booked a ferry to Santander for late July - 2+ weeks of family holiday, with bike of course. Anyone MTB'd around Luchon/Molina sort of way? Son keen for uplift type riding, though I have a plan to drive us up big hills and have to pedal back up for the van.
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

Escape Goat wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:59 pm Sean, I love your new picture!
Thought I'd replied to this :???: That's actually Loch Lomond in the background, taken on the LTL, although I did have to use some trickery to get him in that picture, he was on the trip just probably asleep in my luggage :lol:
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

Cheeky monkey he is!
Shewie

Post by Shewie »

Anything outside of Morley would be nice, staying local is getting really depressing.
I’d be happy if they just lifted the restrictions on exercise for now never mind overnight stays
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I’d be happy if they just lifted the restrictions on exercise for now never mind overnight stays
Are you allowed to 'travel a reasonable distance' to exercise?
May the bridges you burn light your way
Shewie

Post by Shewie »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:36 am
Boris says stay local which I presume to means stay in village, town or part of city we live in, unlike the previous lockdown where I could go as far as I wanted as long as I started and finished at home.

Managed to create a 16mile walk/ride around Morley but it’s pants
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

I have booked on the YD300. Last year It was a YD100 for me with a bailout and a 1.5 hour sit down at a closed pub wondering what I was going to do. I wonder if I'll get any further.
robbie

Post by robbie »

In Reverse wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:44 pm
Verena wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:34 pm
Bearbonesnorm wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:28 pm
Found this today https://www.deadendsandcake.ch/en/

Looks gorgeous.

Obviously it's mostly the cake which attracts me
That does look like fun but I really can't see much overseas travel by June sadly.
Not this year anywway, it sold out after 4 minutes :shock:
tbf they've given the checkpoint positions on the website so there's no reason you couldn't just rock up on a different date and do your own ride.

I've got half an eye on the Transatlantic Way Race in June.
I was just looking at the Transatlantic way race then noticed the entry fee!!
Jesus that has got to be one of the highest I've seen for this type of event so I'm out just on those grounds!
Verena

Post by Verena »

robbie wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:42 pm
Jesus that has got to be one of the highest I've seen for this type of event so I'm out just on those grounds!
Yes, but that one is rather special isn't it....

Bit of a dream of mine...probably a completely unrealistic one at that :lol: , but it would be amazing to at least try.... have been toying with signing up for it next year for my 50th. It would be a holiday in Ireland whatever happens.... :cool:
robbie

Post by robbie »

Verena wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:46 pm
Yes, but that one is rather special isn't it....

Bit of a dream of mine...probably a completely unrealistic one at that :lol: , but it would be amazing to at least try.... have been toying with signing up for it next year for my 50th. It would be a holiday in Ireland whatever happens.... :cool:
Special how? Well taking the piss on price imo
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:36 am
Not sure if Boris always knows wat he's talking about so I've been trying to keep up with Brit Cycling with itemised info... According to this, from 8th March
People can leave their house to cycle alone, within their household bubble or with one other person.
This they say is after
a meeting with Sport England and other national governing bodies yesterday, British Cycling is now pleased to publish information related to its plans for a return to sanctioned activities and events in England under The Way Forward framework established in June last year.
Sounds good to me and I'm not gonna ask too many questions...
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

In Reverse wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:44 pm
Verena wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:34 pm
Bearbonesnorm wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:28 pm
Found this today https://www.deadendsandcake.ch/en/

Looks gorgeous.

Obviously it's mostly the cake which attracts me
That does look like fun but I really can't see much overseas travel by June sadly.
Not this year anywway, it sold out after 4 minutes :shock:
tbf they've given the checkpoint positions on the website so there's no reason you couldn't just rock up on a different date and do your own ride.

I've got half an eye on the Transatlantic Way Race in June.
I agree Robbie. Not that I'm capable/confident for such an event but I doubt I'd want to pay such rediculous amounts... What's wrong with just keeping it 'Stu rates'...
Verena

Post by Verena »

Transatlantic way - well special in the sense of what I've been told from someone who's completed the first three.

I've also had a look at the cost... fair point, £480 pays for a lot of train tickets, B and Bs, and ice creams....

Maybe I'll just do it on my own and in my own time?
Verena

Post by Verena »

Verena wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:20 pm
psling wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:06 pm
Verena wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:35 pm Pembrokeshire please. That would be as much as I would dare dream/hope for this year...but if I catch the weather right it would be gorgeous.
I'll settle down with some maps and a mug of tea, fire up the memory banks and plot it out for you :-bd
Brilliant, thank you
Thanks again for this - am taking some time off work 8th to 13th July and planning to do this somewhen during that time, riding anti clockwise to maybe catch a few Panceltic Race riders (no idea of timings when they'll be passing through Pembrokeshire....) - should be good!
nobbythesheep

Post by nobbythesheep »

Quick dart up Dunn fell to cross fell this Thursday evening,there’s a Rocky outcrop that has had me intrigued for years just left of the bridle way to Kirkland.weather will hopefully be on my side ( I’ve checked local forecast ) not big miles from mine but a scratch I want to itch ( plus I’ve randomly got the thumbs up from the wife which is a bonus )