January's Virtual Winter Event 2021 (Covid lockdown edition) Jan 9th and 10th

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Charliecres

Re: January's Virtual Winter Event 2021 (Covid lockdown edition) Jan 9th and 10th

Post by Charliecres »

<Ahem>
let's out a little sigh
Just in case Borderer’s busy :wink:
RIP

Re: January's Virtual Winter Event 2021 (Covid lockdown edition) Jan 9th and 10th

Post by RIP »

NOOO-O-O-O.... unbelievable. Er, I think it got added when I was fixing mind's... yes that'd be it...

Thanks Charlie :smile: .
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Borderer

Post by Borderer »

Charliecres wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:45 am <Ahem>
let's out a little sigh
Just in case Borderer’s busy :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
RIP

Post by RIP »

RIP wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:02 pm
middleagedmadness wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:50 pm can’t remember if it’s you , or Para mart that has the photo
I shall dig it out :smile:
Rivers of fire.... I'd forgotten the hand-in-flames I'm-rock-hard-me demonstration as well :wink:

"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

middleagedmadness

Post by middleagedmadness »

RIP wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:24 am
RIP wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:02 pm
middleagedmadness wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:50 pm can’t remember if it’s you , or Para mart that has the photo
I shall dig it out :smile:
Rivers of fire.... I'd forgotten the hand-in-flames I'm-rock-hard-me demonstration as well :wink:

No sense no feeling Reg , but that children is how not to light a 8g meths stove :lol:
A bit like the old advert and prodigy tune “Charlie says”
That’s what you get when you mix a gobsh1te a lighter and flammable liquid
psling

Post by psling »

So that's where the term "blooming hell" originated from.... :lol:
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
RIP

Post by RIP »

As I recall, it was a slightly racier exclamation.....

redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

RIP wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:43 pm
middleagedmadness wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:10 pm I may even be back in for BAM next year :lol:

I'm totally confused as to wherher it was MaM or Reg that said this. But anyway, me too. Never managed mire than a few months but am having a 2 month break and gonna call my first BaM2021 this WE thingy. Gonna aim the full 12 months this time for the full 2021. No skewiffiness...
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

Oh my word... It's got worse. I've done a 'Reg'. Sorry
middleagedmadness

Post by middleagedmadness »

RIP wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:23 pm As I recall, it was a slightly racier exclamation.....
Peter has spent 3 days with me Reg , I’m pretty sure he learnt a few new words and expressions over those days and nights :wink:
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Just had a thought, for you folk in England and Wales its easy enough to stick GR's on Bridleways or byways but not so simple up here. ROW's or Core paths aren't shown on the OS and would take a fair bit of detective work to find on the various council websites. Although we can technically go anywhere in reality its not like that and away from open moors and hills you are quite limited. So you may need to fiddle the draw to put Scotland residents together??
Jay_ACWR

Post by Jay_ACWR »

I think I know the answer but I’ve got my map sorted, do I hold on to it until you assign me a partner? Cheers
Don’t die wondering...
RIP

Post by RIP »

Jay_ACWR wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:45 am I think I know the answer but I’ve got my map sorted, do I hold on to it until you assign me a partner? Cheers
Hi Jay, yes we'll do the partner draw this Sunday. Good stuff with your own map, although of course you won't know which other map you'll need for working out some GRs for your partner until you find out where said partner lives :smile: . (I'm still wondering who's going to have to obtain a map of Lanzarote!). Apologies if I've misunderstood your question.

RIP

Post by RIP »

htrider wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:58 pm Just had a thought, for you folk in England and Wales its easy enough to stick GR's on Bridleways or byways but not so simple up here. ROW's or Core paths aren't shown on the OS and would take a fair bit of detective work to find on the various council websites. Although we can technically go anywhere in reality its not like that and away from open moors and hills you are quite limited. So you may need to fiddle the draw to put Scotland residents together??
Ta for heads up Phil. Can't see a prob bunching you lot up there together. JC? Then again pairing an Angle with a Scot, they might learn summat new about each other's access rights :smile: .

sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

htrider wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:58 pm Although we can technically go anywhere in reality its not like that....
Are you sure? Normally as soon as one of us 'southerners' mentions Right of Way Colin pops up to brag about how you can go anywhere :wink:
htrider wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:58 pm So you may need to fiddle the draw to put Scotland residents together??
We'll just pick grid refs that are on the HT550, CL or B350, in fact perhaps if you join them up it will be one of those or all of them combined :lol:
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

Someone's getting tetchy! :wink: Maybe it's the mind altering rays from that alien obelisk. :lol:
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
Jay_ACWR

Post by Jay_ACWR »

RIP wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:48 am
Jay_ACWR wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:45 am I think I know the answer but I’ve got my map sorted, do I hold on to it until you assign me a partner? Cheers
Hi Jay, yes we'll do the partner draw this Sunday. Good stuff with your own map, although of course you won't know which other map you'll need for working out some GRs for your partner until you find out where said partner lives :smile: . (I'm still wondering who's going to have to obtain a map of Lanzarote!). Apologies if I've misunderstood your question.
No that's perfect, nice one. I have an old map of spain somewhere next to the donkey in a sombrero and maracas i brought back from Benidorm once, Lanzarote cant be too far away from that? :lol:
Don’t die wondering...
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

RIP wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:51 am Ta for heads up Phil. Can't see a prob bunching you lot up there together. JC?
Ok with me :-bd
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Cheers chaps although it may still cause problems I'm sure but at lease we can't blame the English if it does :lol: (disclaimer - I'm English)
RIP

Post by RIP »

sean_iow wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:24 am
htrider wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:58 pm Although we can technically go anywhere in reality its not like that....
Are you sure? Normally as soon as one of us 'southerners' mentions Right of Way Colin pops up to brag about how you can go anywhere :wink:
:lol:

We'll just pick grid refs that are on the HT550, CL or B350, in fact perhaps if you join them up it will be one of those or all of them combined :lol:
I once joined all those up and it made a very rude shape indeed.

JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

htrider wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:20 pm Cheers chaps although it may still cause problems I'm sure but at lease we can't blame the English if it does :lol: (disclaimer - I'm English)
4 Scottish rider and rider groups now separated on the first post.

Can we get any more for Scotland or anywhere in the UK for that matter joined up before Saturday evening?
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

Slight edit to the "rule"

All entries now need to be in before 8pm this Saturday the 12th December.

Reg and myself are drawing the pairs from 8pm on Saturday.
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Ah feck it.

Add me to the MacList
Asposium

Post by Asposium »

May I change my location to Southampton?

Ta
RIP

Post by RIP »

Colin wrote:
:wink:

If you get stuck with me as partner I think NH833052 will be on ze list :smile: .