January's Virtual Winter Event 2021 (Covid lockdown edition) Jan 9th and 10th

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

RIP

Re: January's Virtual Winter Event 2021 (Covid lockdown edition) Jan 9th and 10th

Post by RIP »

While we're doing it my only hope is that we don't look like those old gits who, live on telly, used to draw the football pairings out of a black bag and put little balls in a tray whilst droning on about football in a tediously blokey way.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
ScotRoutes

Re: January's Virtual Winter Event 2021 (Covid lockdown edition) Jan 9th and 10th

Post by ScotRoutes »

No live streaming of the draw like the World Cup etc?

I guess you don't have balls big enough*

*to put the bits of paper in.
RIP

Post by RIP »

sean wrote: So Sunday lunch time then :lol:
What with my single-finger typing with my tongue poking out the side of my mouth that sounds about right yes!
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

Anyone after some Covid 3rd wave (following the Christmas free for all) lockdown inspiration for the Jan 9th and 10th ride wont go far wrong watching this film https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q6D7G3 ... e=youtu.be
RIP

Post by RIP »

ScotRoutes wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:35 pm No live streaming of the draw like the World Cup etc?

I guess you don't have balls big enough*

*to put the bits of paper in.
JC was mentioning something like that (the streaming not the spherical objects), perhaps we could manage some photos or summat?

Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

ZOOM CALL - you know it makes sense and we can all watch
RIP

Post by RIP »

All sounds a bit hi-tec to me. Don't want people watching me picking my nose inadvertently during the proceedings!

JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

Lazarus wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:41 pm ZOOM CALL - you know it makes sense and we can all watch
Then how can we fix it so that Dave Barter get's to do your GR's :wink:
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

Its clearly a stupid Idea and i withdraw, whatever you come up with I support
PS bless you as now I cannot get him or it will look like a fix :wink:
RIP

Post by RIP »

:lol:

<high speed backpedalling>

:smile:

JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

21.5 hours to cut off time

Warning we are on an odd number..............

Someone is going to get Stuart to pick your GR's
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Sorry if I'm being thick. Is this the one where we draw a circle around our desired riding area within which the GRs are chosen or was that something else?

Ta.
woodsmith

Post by woodsmith »

ScotRoutes wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:32 am Sorry if I'm being thick. Is this the one where we draw a circle around our desired riding area within which the GRs are chosen or was that something else?

Ta.
Yes, and you're already signed up to it Colin. :grin:
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Cool. I just didn't see any reference to the circling bit on the first post.
RIP

Post by RIP »

Keep up at the back! :grin:

Er, so is it "something else" or is it "something this"?

I don't think we've got any circles in this thing - you choose GRs wherever you like in your partner's area. Nowt stopping you if you'd like to draw some circles though! Or pentagons, equilateral triangles or whatever you like. Your partner might request "GRs within ten mile radius of my postcode but not in town X". You're equally at liberty to totally ignore the request of course :smile: .

tobasco

Post by tobasco »

Missed this one, stick me down to even up the numbers. But if someone else comes along to make it odd again I think I should be allowed to not get my GR’s from Stu :)

located in mid Shropshire
RIP

Post by RIP »

Aww, shame! I was enjoying the tension there :smile: . Still, might get someone else, still got 8 hours left. I might enter twice to odd it up :wink: .

JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

tobasco wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:32 pm Missed this one, stick me down to even up the numbers. But if someone else comes along to make it odd again I think I should be allowed to not get my GR’s from Stu :)

located in mid Shropshire
Added to the first post.
But what's your first name please Tabasco?
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Hmm. This could get quite nasty really. For example it occurs to me that if I get Scotroutes as my partner I should send him up to the summits of all of the four thousanders in the Cairngorms as payback for all those scenic photos he posts up when we are all stuck in the dreich lowlands....

(I won't Colin, I promise) so are we all pledging not to be too hard on folk?
Javi

Post by Javi »

Nearly missed it! Add me to the list, please.
Javi/Javi. South Lakeland, Cumbria area :-bd
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

htrider wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:18 pm Hmm. This could get quite nasty really. For example it occurs to me that if I get Scotroutes as my partner I should send him up to the summits of all of the four thousanders in the Cairngorms as payback for all those scenic photos he posts up when we are all stuck in the dreich lowlands....

(I won't Colin, I promise) so are we all pledging not to be too hard on folk?
On the basis that we can pick and choose whichever GRs we want to get to, there's no point in making it too challenging. 😁
RIP

Post by RIP »

htrider wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:18 pm are we all pledging not to be too hard on folk?
"no" :grin:

(nah, I think the aim is to give your poor partner some chance of ticking all their GRs or it's a bit demoralising. Trying to find really unusual or interesting spots is just as much fun, honest)

RIP

Post by RIP »

Javi wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:24 pm Nearly missed it! Add me to the list, please.
Javi/Javi. South Lakeland, Cumbria area :-bd
Nice one Javi. Just in time before the party's doors are closed. And on a bright note - we're back to the someone's-gonna-get-GRs-from-Stu situation :grin: .

If I remember rightly, the last time I saw you was when we were lying side by side in our sleeping bags outdoors under a lawnmower in the snow one December. Everyone else was inside a big hut with a nice fire sleeping on benches. Or it could have been the other way round. But I doubt it, sigh.

Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Will 'we' be making the pairings public fellas?

Uhm, don't know why but I wrote 'pubic' first time round.
May the bridges you burn light your way
RIP

Post by RIP »

Certainly!

I think your first spelling would provide far more entertainment though :smile: .

You show me yours and I'll show.... no, that's quite enough of that thank you. It's before the watershed (*).

(*) come to think of it, why's it called the "watershed" hour? Who sheds water at 9pm and why exactly?