Borders 350/220 An Appeal.

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

In Reverse

Re: Borders 350/220 An Appeal.

Post by In Reverse »

Good film Donald - captured the scenery really well, good to see it again. Thought that was my Spotify playing when Sylvan Esso kicked in :-bd

You definitely got more and more shell-shocked looking as day 1 goes into days 2 and 3 :lol:
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

In Reverse wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:08 pm You definitely got more and more shell-shocked looking as day 1 goes into days 2 and 3 :lol:
:grin:
ericrobo

Post by ericrobo »

Enjoyed that Donald...

I did the 220 a few years back and remember the interminable forests, which did my head in a bit...

Not much endless forest in your film.

Did you speed the film up ?

A lot of the shots it looks like you’re going so fast you could be in a car or flying low in a hand glider :roll:

But 90 miles Peebles to Moffat is going some....

Hopefully the ground was dry ?
donaldbmcintosh

Post by donaldbmcintosh »

Cheers folks.
In Reverse wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:08 pm You definitely got more and more shell-shocked looking as day 1 goes into days 2 and 3 :lol:
Totally!! I can even hear it in my voice when I am at the high point on the Southern Upland Way stretch... the exhaustion is audible. That push up the steep gorge bit was bonkers.

Re: speeding it up - not sure if you were kidding, but no it's not been sped up. You can see the mph on my Wahoo in the corner of the shot, which hits 20 mph. Although I was travelling on some of the downhill, I think it looks faster than it actually was. Plus there is some judder from the old GoPro (a new one would smooth all that out), so that adds to the effect to. Having said all of that.. the descent from Dollar Law was fantastic!