NorthPeaks100 Start from where you are when you want day ride~26th -31st July

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

redefined_cycles

NorthPeaks100 Start from where you are when you want day ride~26th -31st July

Post by redefined_cycles »

Planning on riding this hopefully all being well on said date/dates. Thought to put it out in case anyone localish (or whatever) wished to join (or whatever the moat appropriate 'guideline' friendly word is)...

Just saying :-bd

[Edit: its gonna be a straighthrough ride btw so no bivi as such but if you get tired you might need to sleep by the trailside obviously)
Last edited by redefined_cycles on Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bearlegged

Re: Peaks125(ish) Staggered start ~26th July

Post by Bearlegged »

Got a route in mind?
redefined_cycles

Landslide wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 5:28 pm Got a route in mind?
Yup. Basically the top half of Peaks200 with a dissection of the Peak near Kinder. Might be a fair bit of HAB around here but the views are abosulty stunning as is the path leading down from other side once you make it through. Anti clockwise direction and gonna ensure the route doesn't topple 125km (covid special route I suppose) as well as a super duper early start God Willing
redefined_cycles

Routes being prepared for this so just a little update if you're interested....

1. Locals to the loop please but obviously I'm not 'mum' so... (Peaks/North Peaks is where the loops are at).

2. Sub 100km (for normal folk) and sub 100 miles (for the idiotic type folk.

3. There's only really 1 shop (well its a CoOp so the the Yorkshire version of Spar maybe) and its a petrol station and one ice cream parlour nearby the route so good to plan how you'll carry own food.

4. No bivvying or any that nonsense :lol: ... just riding during daylightish hours (refer point one regards 'mum' :smile: )... the sub 99km should take me about 8 hours so most folk would've cleared it in about 7...
Lazarus

Re: NorthPeaks100 Start from where you are when you want day ride~26th -31st July

Post by Lazarus »

100 km is fine currently hopefully the shoulder will cope with 100 miles - the legs probably can shoulder a lot less sure about - up to 60 ish currently [ or 40 ish on a non suspension bike off road]
Its getting better [ slowly]
redefined_cycles

Re: NorthPeaks100 Start from where you are when you want day ride~26th -31st July

Routes kindof ready and here it is. Gonna do a test run tomorrow to ensure its all seamless and no farmers wanting to shoot anyone, nor any footpaths or stupid busy roads...

tp://my.viewranger.com/route/details/MzA5NTk1Ng== Via @ViewRanger http://my.viewranger.com/route/details/MzA5NTk1Ng==

Hope SteveWaters finds this page :-bd
stevewaters

Post by stevewaters »

Nice one! Thanks. Would like to ride this :-bd
In Reverse

Post by In Reverse »

FFS Shaf

The Coop is from Rochdale which is Lancashire NOT Yorkshire.
redefined_cycles

In Reverse wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:00 pm FFS Shaf

The Coop is from Rochdale which is Lancashire NOT Yorkshire.
Oh shucks... I knew I had it wrong. Well I'm pretty certain we have more than them now. :-bd
redefined_cycles

Just a little thumbs up on this since the longer events are seeming to be starting up again. Will be good training 1 day loop ride for anyone :smile:

Only pushing it cos I spent a while (in terms of years :shock: ) bringing it together so would be nice to see if its any good according to the 'hard' lot...
redefined_cycles

I have reason to believe the first 2 official times will go up on the ITT thread for this today :grin: so excited. One of the riders is a celebrity (hope he doesn't get bored or change plans... you know how these celebs are!)...

Watch that space...
Karl

Post by Karl »

Sorry to report I didn't see any celebs out there today. It was a nice ride Shaf, thanks for putting it together.
redefined_cycles

Karl wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:18 pm Sorry to report I didn't see any celebs out there today. It was a nice ride Shaf, thanks for putting it together.
Glad you liked it... will pop your time on its ITT thread shortly... :grin:
FLV

Post by FLV »

Hi Shaf,
Can a time be listed if a rider was to start from anywhere on the route?
Quite fancy a go round but obviously I'd rather start from the southern end of it
No probs either way of course.
Karl

Post by Karl »

Hi Dave, I started from Dunsford Bridge. Anywhere on route is fine.
redefined_cycles

FLV wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:39 am Hi Shaf,
Can a time be listed if a rider was to start from anywhere on the route?
Quite fancy a go round but obviously I'd rather start from the southern end of it
No probs either way of course.
Hi Dave... yup. Its a 'carbon' and 'covid' friendly route/ITT. Took it from Ian Fitz book I guess. It'd make most sense for you to be starting from near where Karl joined the loop (I think he came via Glossop somewhere). Plus, this was it increases the liklihood we might see each other for a quick wave enroute :-bd

Duncan/PistonBroke... I briefly looked at your suggestion but yeah, you're right in saying that the 'the dies been cast'. Besides there's some sections of bridleway that I'm hoping will keep getting a footprint through em and thus keeping em somewhat clean (of overgrowth). Plus they're ideal for sapping away at the energy reserves and maybe even a bit of HAB (with amazing views if the HABr looks back)...
FLV

Post by FLV »

:-bd
redefined_cycles

Karl wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:45 am Hi Dave, I started from Dunsford Bridge. Anywhere on route is fine.
Karl... Your garmin showed an elevation of only 5000ft of which I was a bit embarrassed for creating such a shallow route. I went and did a 'correct elevation' on my attempt (1 turn different but shouldn't have any impact on elevation) from last month. It originally had it down as 7005ft but corrected elevation is still 6800ft. Hence your garmin is out by at least 1500ft. Just thought you'd be curious to know :smile:
redefined_cycles

FLV wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:15 am:-bd
Getting exciting now. SteveWaters is already enrolled too... it's interesting seeing the tyre tracks and wondering who's they are (vittoria mezcals of Karls I'm sure I saw yesterday... as I tried aswel but chucked in towel at mile 45ish due to worry that I might run out of light)...
redefined_cycles

Just wanted to add, in case anyone wasn't sure: anyone's wlecome to this btw... regardless of age/gender/bearded/tall.... etc etc. Even those that noone normally likes to ride with (yes, even you, you ....).

Thought its good to clarify in case anyone from anywhere wanted to join in and wasn't sure. Although it was obvious I thought to clarify... :-bd see you on trails...
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

Shaf, did this today :-bd Full(ish) report in the Trips and Adventures section.

For anyone thinking of doing it, a rigid bike will be fine but if you are on a CX/gravel bike fit the widest or most voluminous tyres you can, there's some old pack trails with set stones that are quite bumpy at times.

My files show 2250m of elevation gain BTW.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
macinblack

Post by macinblack »

Think I'll have a crack at this within the next fortnight.

Don''t think I'll be snapping at the heels of the times already posted though.