Moors One Hundred 2021

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

samwise

Re: Moors One Hundred Postponed to 2021

Post by samwise »

BigdummySteve wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 5:25 pm I’m looking forward to this, should be a green weekend, out of interest are people turning up on the Friday night?
Yep! My Partner and I will be heading up on the Friday :smile:
whonickedmename

Post by whonickedmename »

Growler wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 11:48 am Hi Boners

Yes, event is still going ahead subject to the end of lockdown restrictions. All tickets for last year are still valid and there's nothing else to pay. A few of us have been heading down over the last few weeks checking out some new sections for the route. We have a few more doors to knock on before releasing the route in a few weeks time, website needs updating but most of the info on there is still relevent. Trails are running well if a little wet. :-bd

Si
Hi Si my friends and I aren't sure if we are on the entry list (need to be sure before making arrangements) - can you please pop it on the website?

Thanks
ssnowman

Post by ssnowman »

whonickedmename wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 10:44 am
Growler wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 11:48 am Hi Boners

Yes, event is still going ahead subject to the end of lockdown restrictions. All tickets for last year are still valid and there's nothing else to pay. A few of us have been heading down over the last few weeks checking out some new sections for the route. We have a few more doors to knock on before releasing the route in a few weeks time, website needs updating but most of the info on there is still relevent. Trails are running well if a little wet. :-bd

Si
Hi Si my friends and I aren't sure if we are on the entry list (need to be sure before making arrangements) - can you please pop it on the website?

Thanks
There is a full list of entrants on the website here https://moorsonehundred.com/entry-list
May satan walk with you
nagasaki45

Post by nagasaki45 »

Was trying to follow here to find out when tickets are available, and now it seems they are all gone. Was quite confused between the "event postponed" message on the home page, and assumed tickets are not yet for sale :cry:
Or maybe I don't understand something?
Last edited by nagasaki45 on Tue May 18, 2021 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
whonickedmename

Post by whonickedmename »

oops, always scroll down! Thanks ssnowman :-bd
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

Anyone want to buy my ticket?
nagasaki45

Post by nagasaki45 »

Landslide wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 12:05 pm Anyone want to buy my ticket?
YGM
Growler

Post by Growler »

nagasaki45 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 11:15 am Was trying to follow here to find out when tickets are available, and now it seems they are all gone. Was quite confused between the "event postponed" message on the home page, and assumed tickets are not yet for sale :cry:
Hi
The tickets sold out 18 months ago for last years event, which was posponed to this year with all the tickets rolling over for this year, if that makes any sense.

Confusing I know. what a year its been
nagasaki45

Post by nagasaki45 »

Growler wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 12:05 pm
nagasaki45 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 11:15 am Was trying to follow here to find out when tickets are available, and now it seems they are all gone. Was quite confused between the "event postponed" message on the home page, and assumed tickets are not yet for sale :cry:
Hi
The tickets sold out 18 months ago for last years event, which was posponed to this year with all the tickets rolling over for this year, if that makes any sense.

Confusing I know. what a year its been
That makes more sense now. Thanks! Luckily, Landslide sorted me out :-)
Growler

Post by Growler »

Hi Boners

I've had around 20-25 tickets returned for refund this week. If anyone missed out, we will be doing a ticket drop on the first of June at 7pm on the Eventbrite page. If anyone else cannot attend, please cancel your ticket and request a refund before the 1st after which we won't be able to offer a refund. Thats the date we have to pay our suppliers. I'm running zero profit and Ginny is on very tight margins having gone a bit mad booking bands for us (five great acts so far).

I'll send out ticket drop details via emails to all subscribers on the website later this week.

Cheers
Si
Boab

Post by Boab »

Growler wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 9:04 am Hi Boners

I've had around 20-25 tickets returned for refund this week. If anyone missed out, we will be doing a ticket drop on the first of June at 7pm on the Eventbrite page. If anyone else cannot attend, please cancel your ticket and request a refund before the 1st after which we won't be able to offer a refund. Thats the date we have to pay our suppliers. I'm running zero profit and Ginny is on very tight margins having gone a bit mad booking bands for us (five great acts so far).
I have decided to try and snaffle a ticket. Away on holiday next week, so that could be entertaining trying to remember...
There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.
Growler

Re: Moors One Hundred 2021

Post by Growler »

The returned tickets are up for grabs tonight. Good luck boners :-bd

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/moorsone ... 7623497123
Boab

Post by Boab »

Growler wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:50 pm The returned tickets are up for grabs tonight. Good luck boners :-bd

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/moorsone ... 7623497123
Appears to be live for booking now!
There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

Looks like I am double booked without knowing.

Moors 100 is the same as jennride and I'm at Jennride that weekend.
trogladytes

Post by trogladytes »

I got a ticket on Tuesday, really looking forward to it.
Is anyone else travelling by train?
Karl

Post by Karl »

I've just signed up for this. Remember Burty saying how good it was. Looking forward to some chilled riding and beers :-bd
In Reverse

Post by In Reverse »

Karl wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:35 am I've just signed up for this. Remember Burty saying how good it was. Looking forward to some chilled riding and beers :-bd
This is good news. :-bd
burty

Post by burty »

you will love it karl , just the right blend of middle of nowhere then pub ,cafe. next minute back to middle of nowhere .
i cant decide yet moors 100 or jenn ride as i have tickets for both
Asposium

Post by Asposium »

do the lack of change of covid rules affect moors100?
ssnowman

Post by ssnowman »

Asposium wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:11 am do the lack of change of covid rules affect moors100?
Yes, there is going to be an announcement later. Likely to be late summer/early autumn. More details on instagram.
May satan walk with you
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

Asposium

Post by Asposium »

can't see that.
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

Hi everyone
I’m sure you have all seen the news. Although it’s looked increasingly likely over the last few days, the announcement has thrown us a curveball.

With the confirmation tonight, we have lost the use our start venue in Goathland and there are now doubts over our event insurance.

We are going to work hard over the next 24hours to try and find a solution. Absolute priority has to be people’s safety. We are all looking forward to this and have worked so incredibly hard despite set back after set back over the last 18 months, but we have to take stock and see what we can do. To do the right thing.

If I could just ask that we all take a breather for the next 24 hours while we try and sort this out. If you could hang fire on the emails and phone calls to give us a chance to try and work out what our options are it would be much appreciated.

Thanks as ever for your support and your patience.

Si and Ginni
ssnowman

Post by ssnowman »

Also this.

NEW DATE TO BE ANNOUNCED THIS AFTERNOON.
After an all-nighter, herding cats, coffee, changing plans, waking people up and more coffee we think we have a workable solution. We are determined to run this year but only when Mr Johnson and Mr Whitty say it is safe to do so.
I’m just pulling a few final details together but we are looking at a late summer/ early autumn date that works for both Goathland and High Paradise. The only other option was a full cancellation.
We are hoping to run the same route, the same Saturday night knees up, the same Sunday morning hang over.
Of course the dates might not suit everyone, and we will be offing refunds or deferment for the 2022 event if that is the case.

More details to follow this afternoon. Please hang tight and thanks again for your support and understanding
May satan walk with you
Asposium

Post by Asposium »

Landslide wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:58 am
Hi everyone
I’m sure you have all seen the news. Although it’s looked increasingly likely over the last few days, the announcement has thrown us a curveball.

With the confirmation tonight, we have lost the use our start venue in Goathland and there are now doubts over our event insurance.

We are going to work hard over the next 24hours to try and find a solution. Absolute priority has to be people’s safety. We are all looking forward to this and have worked so incredibly hard despite set back after set back over the last 18 months, but we have to take stock and see what we can do. To do the right thing.

If I could just ask that we all take a breather for the next 24 hours while we try and sort this out. If you could hang fire on the emails and phone calls to give us a chance to try and work out what our options are it would be much appreciated.

Thanks as ever for your support and your patience.

Si and Ginni
thanks.

hopefully everything will work out in the end.

more important things than a bike ride.