Moors One Hundred 2021

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Growler

Re: Moors One Hundred 2021

Post by Growler »

EVENT POSTPONED-AGAIN!
Due to the extension of the current lockdown restrictions last night we have been unable to go ahead with our original planned dates. We have worked flat out over the last 24 hours with our start and over night camping venues to find another date later in the summer, when, subject to existing limits being removed, we can run as intended in a safe manner.

The new date is the weekend of 11-12th September 2021

We know it's not ideal, and far from what we wanted, but the only alternative was to cancel, and I don't know about you, but we all need something to look forward to. We know that sadly, not everyone will be able to make the new dates, but on the other hand I know some of you were disappointed not to be able to make the June date.

For now we are offering full refunds until the end of the June to allow you check your Diary and make arrangements. Any returned tickets will then be offered for sale on 1st of July.

Refunds can be requested by visiting Eventbrite, We should have this up and running in the next day or so, so please bare with us whilst we put that in place.

Again, I cannot thank you enough for your continued support, encouraging words, patience and understanding and really look forward to seeing you all in September for a great weekend of riding and a few beers

More news to follow over the next few days. We are still working flat out to keep this show on the road and aim to keep you all up to speed. Website and Instagram will be updated daily as everything hopefully falls back into place.

Cheers

Moorsonehundred
Last edited by Growler on Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Growler

Post by Growler »

Hi Boners
just sent that out to everyone.

Insurance is still causing me a headache, but we are getting there.

If I ever decide to do something like this again, could someone kick me in the nuts, poke out my eyes and disconnect my PC at the first mention? :roll:

Cheers
Si
Last edited by Growler on Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thenorthwind

Re: Moors One Hundred DATE CHANGE ON P3

Post by thenorthwind »

Don't know what to say Si, really feel for you with this. Thanks for keeping going with it. Properly gutted it's not going to be next weekend, but it's not the end of the world, I can just imagine how frustrating it must be to have it all planned out and then have it instantly taken away, again.
Growler

Post by Growler »

thenorthwind wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:44 pm Don't know what to say Si, really feel for you with this. Thanks for keeping going with it. Properly gutted it's not going to be next weekend, but it's not the end of the world, I can just imagine how frustrating it must be to have it all planned out and then have it instantly taken away, again.

Sometimes you get too far in to just walk away. You have to see it through.
Asposium

Post by Asposium »

from what i've read it will be a cracking weekend.

and much needed by all.
Boab

Post by Boab »

I guess that the last twenty four hours has been a bit stressful for a whole load of people who now have to try and shift an event. Glad I got a ticket, and will hopefully get to put some faces to names, while riding somewhere I've never been before.
There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.
Growler

Post by Growler »

K1100T wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:43 pm Iwhile riding somewhere I've never been before.
You lucky man. I remember by first visit to the moors around 40 years ago. I've been bewitched ever since
ton

Post by ton »

oh bloody bugger. never mind, for the best i suppose.

roll on september. :-bd
postierich

Post by postierich »

I feel your pain commiserations hope it all goes well in September will hopefully try to get to it depends on my weekends off as I,m doing SSUK the weekend before!

Rich
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

Growler wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:01 pm Hi Boners
just sent that out to everyone.

Insurance is still causing me a headache, but we are getting there.

If I ever decide to do something like this again, could someone kick me in the nuts, poke out my eyes and disconnect my PC at the first mention? :roll:

Cheers
Si
Do you wish for all three simultaneuosly. If so can I try to 'kick nuts' and 'poke eyes' bit whilst someone else pulls out the PC with a quick countdown?...

But seriously, what an event and it seems everyone loves it and appreciates all that you and the team do to make it happen...
Growler

Post by Growler »

postierich wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:34 pm I feel your pain commiserations hope it all goes well in September will hopefully try to get to it depends on my weekends off as I,m doing SSUK the weekend before!

Rich
I forgot about SSUK. I haven't even thought about building up a bike yet. :shock:
Growler

Post by Growler »

If any Boners cannot make the new september date, but are free on the original June date, could you please send me a DM. I'm going to use my weekend pass to do a route recce and don't mind a bit of company. :-bd
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

I've just found out able to do the new dates!! I'm so excited!
Boab

Post by Boab »

We need a Boners Corner at High Paradise Farm...
ton

Post by ton »

if anyone needs a place on this, they can take my spot.
i am away in scotland for a week from the 11th.
daddylonglegs

Post by daddylonglegs »

Now that the course is out I'm looking for some advice. Will trying to do this on a gravel bike kill me? :-S
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

no it wont kill you but the real question is will you enjoy it
In Reverse

Post by In Reverse »

Lazarus wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:56 pm no it wont kill you but the real question is will you enjoy it
Which bits of the route might not be enjoyable John?

In your experience of course. :-bd
In Reverse

Post by In Reverse »

daddylonglegs wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:49 pm Now that the course is out I'm looking for some advice. Will trying to do this on a gravel bike kill me? :-S
You'll be fine.
Boab

Post by Boab »

I might be missing something, but I can't seem to download the GPX files without paying Komoot money...!?!
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

.Which bits of the route might not be enjoyable John?

In your experience of course
In my experience most off road tracks are not enjoyable on a rigid drop bar bike YMMV.
My answer was more any bike can do any route (Ht550 must have been done on one for example) but not everyone will enjoy it on said bike.
In Reverse

Post by In Reverse »

So you don't know anything at all about this route, you just don't think it's possible for anyone to enjoy riding gravel bikes anywhere.

despite all the people who clearly love riding gravel bikes offroad...
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

K1100T wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:35 pm I might be missing something, but I can't seem to download the GPX files without paying Komoot money...!?!
I can download from Komoot. If you (or anyone else) would like me to email the gpx, drop me a PM.
Boab

Post by Boab »

Landslide wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:41 am
K1100T wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:35 pm I might be missing something, but I can't seem to download the GPX files without paying Komoot money...!?!
I can download from Komoot. If you (or anyone else) would like me to email the gpx, drop me a PM.
I've just recreated it in RideWithGPS, which was a good exercise in trying to understand the topography... Although I'm not sure what the sections of the route that are dots, rather than a solid line, are supposed to represent...?
Last edited by Boab on Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SimonB

Post by SimonB »

Landslide wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:41 am
Landslide I've PM'd you