Post by FLV »

Good to know thanks,

I rode it last year, really enjoyed it.

May go, may not. I think i will wait until the last minute and decide
gairym

Re: Tuscany Trail or Veneto Trail?

Post by gairym »

So.....

Two weeks to go - anyone any closer to making a decision???

Things all looking fairly ok in terms of the plague/quarantine situation etc... but nothing is certain at all so no real reassurance to be taken from that.

I'm seriously contemplating throwing my sh1t together today and setting off tomorrow to do it as there's a nice weather window and I'm able to shift work stuff around.

:???:
FLV

Post by FLV »

gairym wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:41 am So.....

Two weeks to go - anyone any closer to making a decision???
I'm not going, I had an entry but am not going to use it this year.

I was really torn over it. I wanted to ride the route again, was keen to put the tourist euro into the local economy again. However, the uncertain times meant I just never committed to the actual time it takes to go there and ride it.

I hope to be back in the future, particularly if you take care of my logistics again Gairy :???:
gairym

Post by gairym »

FLV wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:46 amI hope to be back in the future, particularly if you take care of my logistics again Gairy :???:
All fair enough.

And for sure, always happy to help folk enjoy a culinary and craft beer tour of Tuscany :-bd
ZeroDarkBivi

Post by ZeroDarkBivi »

I believe Italy is now on the amber list for UK travel. Won’t be booking flights until the last minute to avoid disappointment. Not even fussed about doing it during the event window as there is no mass start anyway, and I don’t want a ‘goody bag’ that will go straight to landfill.
So, as much as I want to ride this, I doubt it will be this year. It’s a shame the organisers are not allowing entries to be deferred to next year, but I understand they need to break even.
gairym

Post by gairym »

ZeroDarkBivi wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:43 pmIt’s a shame the organisers are not allowing entries to be deferred to next year, but I understand they need to break even.
They're offering 70€ off next year's entry, no?

Or did I make that up?

Be a shame not to see any friendly faces this year but I'm still hopeful of a fun time in the hills - we'll see if my back and the apocalypse let it happen....
ZeroDarkBivi

Post by ZeroDarkBivi »

Still tempted, but leaving bookings to the last second.

Any idea how easy it will be to pick up food and accommodation along the way? Sampling the culinary delights is a big part of it for me, so if this is going to be challenging then I won’t bother.
gairym

Post by gairym »

I've done a fair bit of riding in (Northern) Italy this summer and other than wearing a mask and washing your hands it's pretty much business as usual.

Things are a bit quieter and less things are open than usual but if the demand is there then so it's the supply as far as I've experienced.

I'm hoping for and assuming the same situation applies to Tuscany.
gairym

Post by gairym »

Italy just (23h last night) imposed the requirement of a negative test less than 72 hours old for people coming from my region of France - arse!

Getting a test this afternoon but results currently taking between 2-6 days to come back.

Cutting things fine! :shock:
gairym

Post by gairym »

Made it!!!

Currently sat in thoroughly mediocre b&b in Massa waiting for a nearby seafood place to open.

The bike is packed, the weather is poor show (only for tomorrow according to the forecast) and I'm as ready as I can be without actually being in good enough shape to do an event this long :-bd

Did you make it Craig?
gairym

Post by gairym »

Well that was over too soon for my liking :cry:

Not perfect weather but blimmin' heck do I love that route!

[Dave, I'm now in that lovely craft beer pub in Pisa]

Next year guys, let's do it without the plague and the whole end of the world b0ll0cks. :-bd

,I might do a little write-up at some point but to be fair you could read an old one as it's always about the same with a few subtle differences (like I am now officially am expert on finding high quality beer en route).

Next time dudes!!!
FLV

Post by FLV »

gairym wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:28 pm Well that was over too soon for my liking :cry:

Not perfect weather but blimmin' heck do I love that route!

[Dave, I'm now in that lovely craft beer pub in Pisa]

Next year guys, let's do it without the plague and the whole end of the world b0ll0cks. :-bd

,I might do a little write-up at some point but to be fair you could read an old one as it's always about the same with a few subtle differences (like I am now officially am expert on finding high quality beer en route).

Next time dudes!!!
That's does sound super mate. I really liked that pub.

I really liked the route too.

Well done on getting out there mate, hope I can make it next time!
FLV

Post by FLV »

I wonder if the Veneto trail will be on, and if it's feasible to travel to Italy.

Doesn't seem so currently.