Mary Townley Loop: anyone?

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

redefined_cycles

Mary Townley Loop: anyone?

Post by redefined_cycles »

Anyone fancy it? Hoping to go out soon enough before winter kicks in. Happy with whatever (group ride or just riding as fast as we can*).

Happy with most days but earlier the better

* which would make me at the end :grin:
Karl

Re: Mary Townley Loop: anyone?

Post by Karl »

I'd be up for it (as a group ride). But weekend's would be best for me. Let me know when suits.
redefined_cycles

Karl wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:53 pm I'd be up for it (as a group ride). But weekend's would be best for me. Let me know when suits.
Excellent.. thats, erm, excellent :smile: ... Right. How does the weekend of the 5th November sound (either the saturday or sunday? But sunday best for me even though I'm flexible for that or ant other weekend). That gives around 2 weeks for the ground to either become more sodden or if we're fortunate (and we shall be God-Willing) to become dryer...

Start point = Watergrove Res carpark which means theres plenty bivy spots closeby if anyone comes early...

You do realise that I'm the slowest mtb rider known to man yeah :-bd ... came last (actually 2nd to last but only cos I got fortunate) on the BB200... So if at any point you (and whoever else) decides you/they need to shoot off then its all fairGame...
Karl

Post by Karl »

I assume you mean Sunday 3rd Nov? If so that's good for me. And don't worry I'm a plodder so happy to take my time and enjoy the ride with no pressures. And congrats on a BB200 finish! Top effort :-bd

Ps what time are you thinking of starting?
redefined_cycles

3rd November sounds spot on...

Timing: earlier the better so shall we say depart from Watergrove res car park at between 0700 and 0730??

Didn't know you did social/slow rides Karl :-bd so thanks...

I'll bring the coffee/granules (if you're a coffe man) but you'll have to bring your own mug (unless we drink 1 coffee at a time :geek:
redefined_cycles

*coffee grounds
Karl

Post by Karl »

Happy days :grin:
redefined_cycles

Me n Karl doing this ride next week... Just a heads up. There'll be post ride coffee :-bd if anyone still in 2 minds to join... possibly even pizza
shutupthepunx

Post by shutupthepunx »

yeah im thinkin bout it. if ye's will have me
redefined_cycles

shutupthepunx wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:10 pm yeah im thinkin bout it. if ye's will have me
Whats "ye's"... you mean us lot. There's only 2 and Karls having me... so I don't think you're gonna be any slower than me. Watergrove res car park. Depart between 7 and 730 depending on ho fast everyone gets ready. Bring a headloght just in case we get caught in the dark (we won't GodWilling)...