Yorkshire Winter Bivi

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

redefined_cycles

Re: Yorkshire Winter Bivi

Post by redefined_cycles »

Chew wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:32 pm Now then..

Details below:
Meet Location: Bean Loved, Skipton. BD23 1DY
Date: 14/15 Dec (same as everyone else)
Meet Time: Noon for a 1pm depart
Parking: Various cheeky options across town, or its only 2mins ride from the train station

~50k ride to a pub somewhere in the Dales at a social pace
Shortish ride to the overnight location
The ‘plan’ is to have a roof over our heads, but as usual, come prepared for a night outside
~50k ride back to Skipton

Usual caveats around pushing/swearing/bogs....

Usual social occation, so everyones welcome :-bd
Just checked up on this (it had me (out) at 'public house')... Bloomin ek Chew. 50k there and 50k back. Is that still classed as a social ride (he says now that everones out there already :grin: )...
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

Turned out to be 44km out and 36km back. Just four of us. I'll put a report in the "Trips" forum shortly. Had 15-20cm of snow overnight so the return was a bit shorter!

Shaf - at this time of year the only establishments open in the countryside are pubs, especially after 5pm.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

whitestone wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:10 pm Turned out to be 44km out and 36km back. Just four of us. I'll put a report in the "Trips" forum shortly. Had 15-20cm of snow overnight so the return was a bit shorter!

Shaf - at this time of year the only establishments open in the countryside are pubs, especially after 5pm.
Thanks Bob... yeah. I kinda thought that. I'm hoping to makr my bam for Dec to Heathersage via road (maybe.. or mtb in the hills local to me and do an extra easy one) and some pot noodle. Looking forward to the report...