Dales Divide 2020

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

ChrisE

Dales Divide 2020

Post by ChrisE »

Dales Divide 2020

Just to let everyone know that the Dales Divide, which ran in 2019, will be running again in 2020, just a placeholder to keep the days free for Easter. It will set off, as before, at 8am on Good Friday from Arnside, 10 April 2020.
In most ways it will be similar to 2019. About 600km and the important reason is to get as many people pushing themselves as hard as they can go and to have a feel of similar Divide type events that run worldwide, promoting the riders from the UK as they keep up the reputation they have for great things. It should again be a good warm up for anyone riding events like the HT550, the Italian or French Divides or even the Tour Divide. Last year had about 30 people riding. Again this year it will be totally free, just a tiny (£15) if you want to have your logger on Trackleaders. Fastest people will rush round in under 48hours, many more will ride round in 3 or 4 days. Every ride is just as valid.
I’m off to ride the DD2020 route this weekend to check out the parts that will be changing to make it even better.
For 2020 there will be details of a ‘shortcut’ that will allow riders to cut across the course and make it only half the length if they wish. The aim of this is soley to encourage as many riders as possible, especially those who might be apprehensive about the distance.
If you want to be on the mailing list, email me chris@highbark.co.uk As before all details will be sent out a few weeks before Easter. I would encourage all the ‘Old Hands’ to try and help less experienced riders (as I will) in any way they can, including maps, GPSs, preparation, etc.

Chris