Autumn Chiltern Thing, new date 9th Nov ???

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Rich3rd

Autumn Chiltern Thing, new date 9th Nov ???

Post by Rich3rd »

Its been a while, so wondered if any of the Cheeky Chiltern Chaps were up for a bit of 'chateauneuf du pap' packing :roll:

Usual Chiltern format, ride bikes though some hideous sticky sub-standard, afternoon tea with cucumber sandwiches and fine dining pub (perhaps Penn Street or Pink and Lily - Speen), both have rather nice salubrious evening woodland retreats in their environs.
Last edited by Rich3rd on Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never knowingly under biked...
Gummikuh

Re: Autumn Chiltern Thing, 26th Oct ???

Post by Gummikuh »

I'd love too, but unfortunately I am going out Saturday evening. What about another weekend?
RIP

Post by RIP »

Apologies for absence Rich - Peak District this week..
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

Oooooh, I'm up for this matey. I will probably have to join at the pub for dinner as I've got the kids this weekend and they will need to be fed and locked in their stalls for the evening. Name the place and time and I'll be there. :-bd :-bd
I'm just going outside ...
MuddyPete

Post by MuddyPete »

Thanks for the offer, but I'm busy this weekend. Have a merlot for me :wink: , or pehaps a mulled wine in front of a roaring fire :-)
May you always have tail wind.
larsmars

Post by larsmars »

Sorry, can't make this one... but keen on another at some point.
Rich3rd

Post by Rich3rd »

Cheers for getting back there chaps, like the gluehwein idea Pete, consider it sorted :wink:

26th now not looking good for me, but 2nd & 9th Nov are free :-bd :-bd Any takers for new date???

I've been digging out some really old Viz issues (late 80's ones) its going to be a good night ......
RIP

Post by RIP »

Yah 9th could be a go-er. At the risk of highjacking your scheme, instead what would you think of a loop from Long Buckby station round to Braunston and Woodford and back to LB (Leighton Buzzard and Long Buckby in my case!)? That's close to BDS and Pickers and even MaM if he's around. I'm sure there's some 'new' folks up there too. Bit bored with our area, he says like a spoiled brat (or indeed Spoilt Bast http://viz.co.uk/2014/11/05/mums-going ... bum-hole/ ). If not, how about Tring/Aldbury. TBH I get a bit out of my depth any further south than Tring - my Fred Dibnah cap gives me away :wink: .

2nd also a poss but would have to be a 'teatime' start on that date fer me I'm afraid.

M-P around either of those? Would obv be nice to see TBD too but he might need to get a flat cap to come north? There's some other folks up round Daventry too I believe? Whether they could cope with our Viz re-enactments I'm not sure :wink: .
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

I can do the 9th Nov but will have the kids at home again that weekend, so will have to just join for dinner and the bivvy. Unless they tell me it's ok, they really don't mind being left to their own devices on a Saturday night .....
Tonto

Post by Tonto »

I live quite close to Daventry. Could possibly manage to join you on the 9th.
Rich3rd

Re: Autumn Chiltern Thing, new date 9th Nov ???

Post by Rich3rd »

9th Nov looks like the new date which is cool because we've got a few takers :-bd

Tricky ones going to be the location, :roll:

How's about getting to Berkhamsted on the train and we can ride out to Penn Street https://www.thesquirrelpub.co.uk, 2hr ish ride (with loads of options) and easy for TBD, my mate from Watford might be around as well. Nice woods nearby and excellent boozer.

This is just an idea, others chip in please.
Last edited by Rich3rd on Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

I'll go with that Rich. Reg's suggested route sounds minted, but the logistics of getting there on a weekend where Ive for the bairns at mine aint feasible.
RIP

Post by RIP »

While unreservedly apologising for hijacking the thread, and again for offering an alternative option, the Daventry jape does seem to be gaining a bit of traction too and I've never ridden there, so I'll get out of your hair here chaps...

Rich3rd

Post by Rich3rd »

Any more takers for a Chiltern ride, the Autumn colours are amazing at the moment?

TBD, what's your plan mate, I'll probably meet Ben in Flaunden, but could meet where ever you like.
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

Argh. The stars are not aligning on this at all. Short story - kids are with me and I need to leave em solo Friday night and can’t really do that two nights in a row. Will have to check in with them later in the week and see how things are going. Let ya know ASAP

EDIT: and in new developments it appears I'm taking my 16 year old motorcycle obsessed son to his CBT training on Sunday morning. In West London. And we need to be there at 8am.

Sorry Rich. I'm not a starter fella.
Rich3rd

Post by Rich3rd »

No worries Tim, I'll still catch up with Ben, gives us options to pick the better weather day: Friday or Saturday.

By the way, is the are Xmas get together of the Chiltern Bonners /:) /:)
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

Rich3rd wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:45 am By the way, is the are Xmas get together of the Chiltern Bonners /:) /:)
Not yet as far as I know. I better start a thread as it’ll be on us before we know it and all the proper pubs will be booked solid.