Ridgeway from both ends...

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Old Aliens

Ridgeway from both ends...

Post by Old Aliens »

Thinking of a trip along the Ridgeway this year (before it turns to sub standard and misery this winter).
I live at the Princes Risborough end: a Mate living at the Swindon end are planning on riding from each end and meeting somewhere in the middle, then continuing along to the opposite end. Then as an environmental solution to the issue of being stuck at the far end, turn round and pedal homeward....anyone else fancy it?
Thisisnotaspoon

Re: Ridgeway from both ends...

Post by Thisisnotaspoon »

I live in the middle, or rather i live just south of j11 so the closes bit is the middle.

I had planned a daft end of summer weekend challenge to ride upto Goring and do one half double, then the other half double on Sunday. Neither bikepacking or ITT but still a good 200mile weekend.

But every weekend to the end of October is now busy with non cycling stuff so seems unlikely unless we get another beast from the east that freezes everything for a couple of weeks.
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

I might be up for another run down depending on timing, also would need to get to Avebury as it’s just a cool place :-bd
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

I could be up for it too Sam, just depends on the date. Late October perchance? Probably aim to meet somewhere in the top quartile. You planning to do it in two or three days?
I'm just going outside ...
Old Aliens

Post by Old Aliens »

Ok, so potential goer for some folks: personally as time is always tight for me I'd be looking to it in 1 night. 2 days riding. Which means actually riding day one to Avebury. Sleeping riding home. Would be happy to collect people on route. I appreciate this is already not the original plan. I am nothing if not fluid.....I expect soon it'll be riding the the pub and sleeping with the barmaid.