North Devon this weekend

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

BigdummySteve

North Devon this weekend

Post by BigdummySteve »

I’m heading off the our place in Devon this weekend, dropping off some stuff for a holiday.
Il be heading down Friday night after work from Aylesbury. The intention is to ride the B150 route, most likely the exmoor section from simonsbath as it’s the closest point to our place in kings nympton and handily provides a bailout option when Devon’s vicious hill get the better of me.
Can provide a lift and Friday night accommodations, will be heading out Saturday and bivvy out, head back sun.
Having ridden is these parts a little there’s no chance if a full loop but rather I’ll enjoy Exmoor and have fish and chips by the seaside etc.
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
PaulB

Re: North Devon this weekend

Post by PaulB »

Beware the Trifids! I did the full ride 21st/22nd in 25hrs. Lots of nice green lush growth with most of the brambles crossing the tracks just where they manage to slid into the bend of the elbow and across your neck. I wore my windproof overnight and have had to wash it twice to get rid of the blood stains.
Excellent route, loved the singletrack. I will go back and do it again but next time I will use a 30 oval chainring instead of the 34 I had fitted and forgot to change.
BigdummySteve

Re: North Devon this weekend

Post by BigdummySteve »

I’ve a 32 oval and 10-50 eagle on the back, hopefully should do the trick. I do have a 28t absolute black ring which gives to a 17” gear but that’s silly low.
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark