Help with GPS, E Trex

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Johnhenry

Help with GPS, E Trex

Post by Johnhenry »

Hi, I've been bikepacking for a few years now and love it to bits, that is apart from uploading routes to my Etrex!
I've got Basecamp on my PC and somehow every event I do I manage to get the route on the device but god knows how.
Would anyone who lives within a 30 mile radius of my House in Tatsfield TN16 be willing to give me a tutorial and get me going in the right direction.
Thanks for any help.
In Reverse

Re: Help with GPS, E Trex

Post by In Reverse »

Isn't it easiest to just copy the file from your PC to the GPX folder on the Garmin? I suspect using Basecamp might be complicating things.
Johnhenry

Post by Johnhenry »

Yeah I guess so, I've just been fudging it for a couple of years and really need to wipe clean and set up a fresh but the right way.
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

In Basecamp it is just Copy, Paste, or drag and drop.
belugabob

Post by belugabob »

I work near the airport, and use basecamp with my etrex 35 - could pop round on my way home, if the timing is right.
(Tatsfield is my route home)
Johnhenry

Post by Johnhenry »

Cheers Belugabob, that would be a great help, I'm just off to Belgium for Act 3 race but should be back by Monday 6th, I'm in most of the time and I'll get the tea & cake ready for when you arrive, just give me a bell.
Thanks
belugabob

Post by belugabob »

Monday is bank holiday (yippee) so how about Tuesday 7th? - will call to confirm, as I leave work ( I finish at 16:30)