WRT LHC Shorter ride

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Stevemorg

WRT LHC Shorter ride

Post by Stevemorg »

Being old and unfit I'm more than happy to be "leading" the shorter LHC ride - probably looking at 80 or so miles over the 3 days and hoping to be able to pick up a couple of waifs and strays on route.

ATM I'm a little busy with work and am working abroad from Saturday until the 29th so I've not got around to putting a route together yet - Stu has offered to help out so there will be a route!

Can anyone wishing to join in let me know here please?I will have email/web access whilst away but not as much as I do at home so bare with me - it will happen!
ootini

Re: WRT LHC Shorter ride

Post by ootini »

I'll be in for the shorter LHC route. Thanks
sillybigfella

Post by sillybigfella »

Yep, count me in as well please.
I’ve been abart a bit
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

I'm in for the shorter route.
Shaun6055

Post by Shaun6055 »

I would like to join the shorter group depending on how tough the route looks.
ootini

Post by ootini »

Here's hoping Stu is feeling generous yet compassionate with the route and it's not too pointy. Can I also request that the route includes a pub stop or three?
RIP

Post by RIP »

Stu 'compassionate' re routes - thought you'd been Here longer than that oot :wink: . Luckily LHC is traditionally lots of sitting talking tripe in pubs/cafes with coincidentally a little bit of biking purely to join them all up :-bd .
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
middleagedmadness

Post by middleagedmadness »

ootini wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:51 pm Here's hoping Stu is feeling generous yet compassionate with the route and it's not too pointy. Can I also request that the route includes a pub stop or three?
Messaged Steve today and told him where me ,my boy and the brown dog are gonna be partaking in refreshments he said he will try and meet up so there will definitely be pub stops :-bd
middleagedmadness

RIP wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:55 pm Stu 'compassionate' re routes - thought you'd been Here longer than that oot :wink: . Luckily LHC is traditionally lots of sitting talking tripe in pubs/cafes with coincidentally a little bit of biking purely to join them all up :-bd .
Reg I've swapped my route around a bit and will be in carno on Sunday so if you want a seat keeping mate let me know :-bd planning on the allepo merchant inn for evening meal
ootini

Post by ootini »

RIP wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:55 pm Stu 'compassionate' re routes - thought you'd been Here longer than that oot :wink: . Luckily LHC is traditionally lots of sitting talking tripe in pubs/cafes with coincidentally a little bit of biking purely to join them all up :-bd .
Haha fair point.
RIP

Post by RIP »

MaM I think Stu might be assisting Steve with his route which might intersect mine at some point. The powers that be have now convinced me to stop being an old misery and join the party so I'll be wobbling around the general area, but certainly rather more NE of your original plan without naming names here. Maybe you could ascertain Steve's scheme nearer the time and see if it appealed - we might find the old firm back together again after all! I'm sure it'll work out in the wash, it usually does :smile: .
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

Stevemorg

Post by Stevemorg »

All in hand - I'll be taking some mid Wales OS maps with me in case I get bored in Cyprus and Stu is going to give me a bit of a head start!
I can promise a few pubs and cafes (and I don't know the route yet!) - I've roughed it enough in the past and have no intention of beasting myself over a bank holiday!
Stevemorg

Post by Stevemorg »

OK - by my reckoning there'll be 4 of us starting at BB Towers (BBF no longer coming) and hopefully meeting Reg and the MAMs on route.
Limited email access at the amount - logged on via 3g in the middle of nowhere but will update when I can
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I should have a route sorted this evening so will email it to Steve and anyone else within the group should they wish ... I'll be gentle :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
middleagedmadness

Steve don't know if stu is sending you anywhere near carno on the Sunday but I've booked a table for me BDS ,tbg and the 2 youngfellas , it may be worth giving them a ring if your out that way as the lass said it was starting to fill up being bank holiday :-bd
tobasco

Post by tobasco »

Hello All,

I'd like to tag on to the shorter group as well please if there's space. Stu, if you've sketched a route I'd appreciate it if you included me when you send out, would like to cast an eye over it and see what I'd be in for - see how many sense's of humour I need to pack :wink:

thanks
Sean
RIP

Post by RIP »

I'm getting worried with all this talk of booked up pubs now! Reckon my safest bet is to pop into Spar, grab some crisps and nuts and a nice bottle of vino which I'll shove in a stream somewhere (the vino not the crisps), wait for it to chill to tussock temperature, drink it then slump out in/on/under my tarp. Either that or send smoke signals to the nearest pizza joint who can launch a motorbike delivery direct to my ditch. Or just forage for some moss and mushrooms.

PS. Yeah pls could I catch a glimpse of the back of the envelope or fag packet with Steve's route Stu!

ootini

Post by ootini »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:54 pm ... I'll be gentle :wink:
I can't help but think, "there's sand in the vaseline".
custardfeet

Post by custardfeet »

I might be interested in joining in. Stu can you send me your route so I take a look.

Cheers
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Route gpx sent to all who raised their hands. About 120k in total and 'day 2' promises to be a cracker :grin:
ootini

Post by ootini »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:34 pm Route gpx sent to all who raised their hands. About 120k in total and 'day 2' promises to be a cracker :grin:
Can I get a copy please Stu?
ootini

Post by ootini »

Just received it, cheers Stu!
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Can anyone spot where Llandinam is on the profile :wink:

tobasco

Post by tobasco »

I've had a look at Stu's route (thanks Stu) and it looks good for me, is anyone else signing up for it? Be good to get peoples thoughts on where to break off Sat and Sun
Sean
ootini

Post by ootini »

Stu has suggested a spot for Saturday night, around the 44km mark.

Given that it's quite "tarmacy", I'm wondering about tyres. 2.3" ish Schwalbe Nobby Nic/Rock Razor combo, or skinnier, road friendly Schwalbe Hurricanes ?