RTTS

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearbonesnorm

RTTS

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Put Friday June 21st on your new Bear Bones calendar for that will be the date for this years Run to the sun. There'll be a pub and parking at the start, followed by an all-nighter through the hills until we hit the seaside. Refreshment and lounging about before the return journey and a night under the stars / cloud / drizzle.
May the bridges you burn light your way
burty

Re: RTTS

Post by burty »

marked down and in :-bd
middleagedmadness

Post by middleagedmadness »

Already have leave booked for that day :-bd
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

I’m in, this time I’ll not work a 13 hour day before driving up and riding all night. I forget that I’m not 18 years old occasionally :-bd
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
paramart

Post by paramart »

:-bd putting it on now
it's not that I can and others can't, it's that I will and others won't.
benp1

Post by benp1 »

3rd child due shortly before this. No chance I'm coming. Couldn't make last year either. Another time. Hope you have the weather of v2 rather than v1
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

Bearbonesnorm wrote:Put Friday June 21st on your new Bear Bones calendar for that will be the date for this years Run to the sun. There'll be a pub and parking at the start, followed by an all-nighter through the hills until we hit the seaside. Refreshment and lounging about before the return journey and a night under the stars / cloud / drizzle.

So as you know, I'm new, and subsequently don't know what this ride is! I am booked on "The Distance" the weekend before though....
middleagedmadness

Escape Goat wrote:
Bearbonesnorm wrote:Put Friday June 21st on your new Bear Bones calendar for that will be the date for this years Run to the sun. There'll be a pub and parking at the start, followed by an all-nighter through the hills until we hit the seaside. Refreshment and lounging about before the return journey and a night under the stars / cloud / drizzle.

So as you know, I'm new, and subsequently don't know what this ride is! I am booked on "The Distance" the weekend before though....
Stu put it perfect ,last year met up at a pub , left about 11pm worked our way down to the coast ,got there about 630 ,had some breaky and a couple of hours rest on town park and then road through to the following night obviously stopping for lunch and evening meal with pints, find somewhere to kip ,grab breakfast then work your way back to the cars ,Mike done a brilliant route last year and it was one of my best weekends away ,so if you like abuse , swearing ,pushing and also a bit riding put it on your calendar :-bd
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

middleagedmadness wrote:
Escape Goat wrote:

Stu put it perfect ,last year met up at a pub , left about 11pm worked our way down to the coast ,got there about 630 ,had some breaky and a couple of hours rest on town park and then road through to the following night obviously stopping for lunch and evening meal with pints, find somewhere to kip ,grab breakfast then work your way back to the cars ,Mike done a brilliant route last year and it was one of my best weekends away ,so if you like abuse , swearing ,pushing and also a bit riding put it on your calendar :-bd

That sounds really rather wonderful! PLUS i wouldn't actually have to take any time off for this!

Edit...I would have to take time off...working in retail removes any freedom I may have had if I had a job that seen me free at weekends.... :|

Edit edit; I could turn back and head to my car on the Saturday....
jay91

Post by jay91 »

Count me in :-bd
Trying to ride bikes.
Asposium

Post by Asposium »

Excellent
I’m in
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

Mebbee by mid year I can build up enough TOIL to get a couple of days either side of the weekend.
If I haven't died from the brutal schedule by then.
Not definite, but not out.

Greetz

S.
middleagedmadness

Scattamah wrote:Mebbee by mid year I can build up enough TOIL to get a couple of days either side of the weekend.
If I haven't died from the brutal schedule by then.
Not definite, but not out.

Greetz

S.
Grand ,flight to bham, told you before you left there's a spare room at mine if you need it :-bd
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

Cheers fella. Expensive week out from here...but would be nice for the break. Will see how things are going closer to time.

Greetz

S.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Okay, so far the 'plan' formulating in my head is to meet at the Star Inn (Dylife) on the evening of the 21st. If anyone is coming by rail, I'll see if I can sort you out a lift from the station - it is ever so uphill from the station. If you prefer, I could also do you a route from the station that would intersect the RTTS route early on.

Plenty of safe parking, food and light refreshment.

Still slightly undecided just which seaside town are in for us this year but I'm looking forward to it already :-bd
middleagedmadness

Think I'll be driving as I want some sleep Friday daytime :lol: ,there's 3 trips I'm looking forward too this year and they all run April,may and finish them of with this
Asposium

Post by Asposium »

Bearbonesnorm wrote:If anyone is coming by rail, I'll see if I can sort you out a lift from the station
i could likely collect someone from the station

Bearbonesnorm wrote:Still slightly undecided just which seaside town are in for us this year but I'm looking forward to it already
So long as there's no bracken en-route, a green on which to sleep, a cafe (for breakfast), and ice cream (because it's the seaside). :lol:
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

No bracken? Ticks are looking forward to you coming. :wink:

RIP

Post by RIP »

Would love to do this - specially given the crackpots signed up - but I just can't hack night rides any longer. Need me beauty sleep, 10pm sharp. Should be smashin' you lucky lot.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Mike

Post by Mike »

Ul all be glad to hear im working that weekend so u can have an easier time of it this year :-bd and hopefully ill be off next year. If stu lets me plan another one :lol:
middleagedmadness

Mike wrote:Ul all be glad to hear im working that weekend so u can have an easier time of it this year :-bd and hopefully ill be off next year. If stu lets me plan another one :lol:
That's no good mate , who's got the stories to keep us entertained ,and who's gonna model any underwear found at the side of the trail :shock:
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

ould love to do this - specially given the crackpots signed up - but I just can't hack night rides any longer. Need me beauty sleep, 10pm sharp. Should be smashin' you lucky lot.
You should reconsider Reg. I'm always tucked up by 10.30 and usually yawning by 9 but the night is very short and with the arrival of dawn comes a new day and your head forgets it's had no sleep ... and besides, the banter'll keep you awake.
psling

Post by psling »

Mike wrote:Ul all be glad to hear im working that weekend so u can have an easier time of it this year :-bd and hopefully ill be off next year. If stu lets me plan another one :lol:
Unfortunately I shall be working that weekend too; it's a brilliant concept. I enjoyed the first one riding in from the south while some of you made it from the north through the storms although we missed each other at the seaside :roll: The Lions were live on TV at breakfast time in the pubs if I can recall :-bd
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
RIP

Post by RIP »

I'm also now getting some "looks" across the room re sign off for the date now I've mentioned it to herself, sigh.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
middleagedmadness

I'll have reg's ear most of today and tomorrow stu , me and paramart will get him drunk in a dark corner of Cannock and convince him it's for the best he comes(will make sure he signs a contract on the back of a beer mat or scratchings packet)