Morocco April 19 for 10-14 days

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

KamelTrek

Morocco April 19 for 10-14 days

Post by KamelTrek »

Looking to ride the Route of Caravans next April. Fly into Marrakech, bus to Agadir then private hire to starting point. Kick off April 20th.

Avg 100 kms a day. Mostly off road.

I'm joining up with two other riders that I met at the Navad 1000 2017. I'm riding for ten days as I have to be back and they will continue riding back to Marrakech.

Let me know if you can join.
Thx
Ash
Scud

Re: Morocco April 19 for 10-14 days

Post by Scud »

Unfortunately unable to ride as i'd love a go at that route, but if you need any info or guide books/ maps for Morocco give me a shout, i was lucky enough to work out there taking people on 5 week trips round (by vehicle, not bike) so know the place pretty well.
KamelTrek

Post by KamelTrek »

Thank you for the offer. Here is my main plan, please let me know if I should reconsider anything.

I'm planning to fly into Marrackesh airprot, and leave my bike bag there. Then take a taxi to the main station and then a bus to Agadir with my bike. Then a taxi from Agadir to Tiznit for an over night stay. I'll follow the route for eight days to Imilchil, at which point I'll break off with the other three riders to arrange a transport back to Marrackech to fly back. The rest of the riders will ride for three more days to Marrackech.

That's pretty much it. We have more detailed ride plan but I wont bore you with the details.

If you have any suggestions, please do let me know. I'm particularly anxious about the airports / transfers not working out the way I think they should.

Thanks,
Ashraf
BreninBeener

Post by BreninBeener »

Im loving this idea, but cant make it this yr. Anything you all post would be of great value to my plans for next year.

thanks

Beener