Another Winter Bivvy :)

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

JohnClimber

Re: Another Winter Bivvy :)

Post by JohnClimber »

I'll have a think, I don't want a massive ride but it's a long way to come for a 4 mile mile each way ride
RIP

Post by RIP »

30-mile-ish Saturday PM ride... 4 miles to spot after pub..... but yes quite a trot from your place if only doing the evening ride....
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

RIP wrote:30-mile-ish Saturday PM ride... 4 miles to spot after pub....
Now I understand, will sort out my pass and get back to you.
RIP

Post by RIP »

Or u could start a Merseyside alternative. The "climb" after the pub would probably be about 194m less than ours :wink:.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

Rich3rd

Post by Rich3rd »

Reg, phenomenal bit off planning going on here but sadly can't make it now that weekend, big shame as the cross boarder raiding party game sounded like a right laugh.
As an aside, if anyone's up for a Chiltern ride 6/7 Oct it would be good to have some company :-bd
Never knowingly under biked...
Pickers

Post by Pickers »

Right then, this is most recent list I can see... see how we go then!

Al: Soup + steak
BDS: Broccoli & Stilton soup + Homemade Game and Cranberry Pie
MaM: scotch egg + turkey and pigs
'Reg': Broc & Stilton Soup + Chestnut Roast
SteveMorg: Broc n Stilton soup + Turkey n Pigs
TimBrownDog: Wild Mushroom Risotto with Parsnip Crisps and Walnut Oil + Roast Salop Turkey, Pigs in Blankets
Pickers: Broccoli & Stilton soup with Parmesan Croutons; Honey Roast Duck on Spicy Noodles with Plum & Sweet Chili Sauce; a pud to be decided on the day
Some of my pics https://www.flickr.com/photos/107347896@N06/sets/

We’re gonna need snacks

#TakeLessBike
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

Negotiations are still on going because apparently that's the weekend that's pencilled in to take the gruesome twosome down to see my family so I'm trying to work out if I can rearrange the family shindig :grin:
middleagedmadness

Post by middleagedmadness »

Pickers wrote:Right then, this is most recent list I can see... see how we go then!

TimBrownDog: Wild Mushroom Risotto with Parsnip Crisps and Walnut Oil + Roast Salop Turkey, Pigs in Blankets
Pickers: Broccoli & Stilton soup with Parmesan Croutons; Honey Roast Duck on Spicy Noodles with Plum & Sweet Chili Sauce; a pud to be decided on the day
You've come a long way from Ettingshall with that choice of grub pickers ,the only duck round there is found on the cut :wink:
RIP

Post by RIP »

Good to have you on board Rich. Currently near Cockermouth trying to find a nice (or indeed any) spot. Phone camera playing up a bit.

Mbnut

Post by Mbnut »

Sadly I'm not going to make this... the close proximity to Crimbo means I have 'do's' that I have to attend.

I'd much rather be swanning about in the dark with you lot.

Tim, we will catch up sometime....
Pickers

Post by Pickers »

Cheers Reg!
You've come a long way from Ettingshall with that choice of grub pickers ,the only duck round there is found on the cut :wink:
I was disappointed to note that honey roasted pork scratchings weren't on the menu :wink:
Last edited by Pickers on Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some of my pics https://www.flickr.com/photos/107347896@N06/sets/

We’re gonna need snacks

#TakeLessBike
middleagedmadness

Pickers wrote:
I was disappointed to note that honey roasted pork scratchings weren't on the menu :wink:
We've now moved on to tandoori flavoured scratchings on bilston market mate , oh how times of changed next it'll be chilli and lime dripping ,toast will never be the same again :roll:
scott of the woods

Post by scott of the woods »

middleagedmadness wrote:
Pickers wrote:Right then, this is most recent list I can see... see how we go then!

Before I put my request in can anyone confirm are the scotch eggs made of congealed pigs blood or the normal delectable scotch egg I would find in my local Waitrose?
middleagedmadness

Think they are normal Scott it was just my wishful thinking that got a bit carried away,can't beat a bit of black and white pudding on ya breakfast :-bd
scott of the woods

middleagedmadness wrote:Think they arae normal Scott it was just my wishful thinking that got a bit carried away,can't beat a bit of black and white pudding on ya breakfast :-bd
Cheers mam I'm a soft southerner and can't deal with this type of cultural culinary. I'll add my order later today after I've perused the menu, tidying the bike shed atm
scott of the woods

Scott of the Woods: Scotch egg, turkey and pigs, and the roulade
benp1

Post by benp1 »

Assuming I can make it, and won't know for a little while yet, I've popped my order on the bottom

benp1: scotch egg + turkey and pigs
RIP

Post by RIP »

Top stuff chaps. Rumour has it that SiB will be along shortly so will await his presence then we can crack on and order the crisps, I mean dinner.

siboy

Post by siboy »

Sorry for the delay. Please can I have

Broccoli & Stilton soup with Parmesan Croutons
Roast Salop Turkey, Pigs in Blankets, Chestnut Stuffing
Xmas Pud & Brandy Sauce

Looking forward to it! Still got some winter gear to buy first :grin:
Cheers
Si
middleagedmadness

What's the chances of everybody being able to meet at the ragleth for 12-1230 ,as I've done up a quick 30 mile route with around 4500ft of climbing I know for me personally that will take a bit extra time and also that'll give us time for drinks in bridges or around the 1/2 way point
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

What's the chances of everybody being able to meet at the ragleth for 12-1230 ,as I've done up a quick 30 mile route with around 4500ft of climbing I know for me personally that will take a bit extra time and also that'll give us time for drinks in bridges or around the 1/2 way point
What? You're going riding too ... just you make sure no one catches their best frock in a wheel or owt :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
middleagedmadness

Bearbonesnorm wrote:
What? You're going riding too ... just you make sure no one catches their best frock in a wheel or owt :wink:
Got some special reflective bands to keep me Knickerbockers in situ ,as for the riding you've seen me perform mate it's more like wobbling with lots of pushing :-bd
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Just you watch your bollox on any electric fences you come across ... hhm that sounds wrong.
May the bridges you burn light your way
middleagedmadness

Bearbonesnorm wrote:Just you watch your bollox on any electric fences you come across ... hhm that sounds wrong.
Herself still won't get a cattle prod to repeat that experience, gonna put some little rubber sleeves over my brake lever ,I think that sounds a bit worse :roll:
RIP

Post by RIP »

Cheers MaM. Can adjust route on the day anyway for conditions & people's wishes etc. Phoned Ragleth earlier and said we were a go-er. Booked the bar with the woodburner rather than the restaurant - much more fun. This is current list of contestants, give or take:

benp1: scotch egg + turkey and pigs
Pickers: Broccoli & Stilton soup with Parmesan Croutons; Honey Roast Duck on Spicy Noodles with Plum & Sweet Chili Sauce; a pud
SiB: Broc/Stilton soup + Turkey n pigs + Xmas pud

Any more takers in future, just shout.