Dartmoor 200. September 18th

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

lune ranger

Re: Dartmoor 200. September 18th

Post by lune ranger »

Roobell7 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:25 pm
On the footpath section at 8am, I saw only 3 dog walkers on the 1st open section between Rushford Mill and Dogmarsh Bridge. All said Hi as I sped past. I didn't see anyone on the 2nd section up to the Hunters Trail. The final run-in on the permissive route was busier but no-one seemed to mind my passing.

The only foot path section was the flat bits through the fields and up to the Hunters Path. It avoids some more tedious up and down back lanes at point where no one wants them! The dramatic ride high above the Teign is a bridleway. Once you drop down to the river again, the permissive section is permissive bridleway.

Below is a link to a definitive final version of the route (maybe!)
Both routing errors removed and the footpath section swapped back for road. It is a popular spot for walking and although "out of hours" its a good track to ride I don't want anyone riding the route in future to approach it unaware and p1ss anyone off.

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/37563949
If you are going through hell, keep going.
WSC
Roobell7

Post by Roobell7 »

I think that is the sensible option. Though the path is wide and all gated, I'm sure someone at some point would take offence to a cyclist passing through :|
Meg Pugh

Post by Meg Pugh »

Lovely photo - turned into a lovely morning.
I got in around 6.30, and moved off to sleep in an industrial estate in Exeter....
Thanks for the updated route - will update and might be up for it as another group start after Winter.... ?

I didn't make the usual BB200 this year, but have got a slot in the rerun in November... extra rain and bog :-bd
pete68

Post by pete68 »

Thanks for sorting the route Luke. I'm afraid I bailed early. Without wishing to make excuses, I'm still suffering with sore feet and hands after another recent long ride. If I'm honest, I just didn't have the legs for it either. Just nothing in the tank. Hopefully, have another go when I'm feeling it a bit more, maybe next spring. We'll done to you all for completing the ride.
lune ranger

Post by lune ranger »

Sorry you had a hard time.
I don’t think the mid section of the route would be one to do in less than good condition.
Thanks for coming
If you are going through hell, keep going.
WSC
pete68

Post by pete68 »

No problem. Still had a good day out. Shame as a month ago I was riding well, but maybe my recovery isn't as good these days 😕
Meg Pugh

Post by Meg Pugh »

You rode pretty well, past me walking up around hound tor ....
I had to stop and 'admire the sign'....
IMO recovery after such a long hard ride like GBDURO is super patchy, and annoyingly unpredictable, sometimes climbers legs, sometimes jelly... But then comes a period of superhero strength and it's beautiful!
I hope that sweetspot arrives asap for you :)