Yorkshire Dales 200

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

redefined_cycles

Re: Yorkshire Dales 200

Post by redefined_cycles »

whitestone wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:34 pm I've done them all Shaf so you should be able to find them on my Strava feed.

Stuart changed/changes the 200 each year so any will do. As Phil says, 2016 was probably the nicest, from memory it wasn't quite 200km - more like 185km.

The 300 originally had a different start and finish but part of the start was across an estate track where they aren't keen on cyclists so it changed for the second and subsequent years.
Thanks Bob... Phils sent me the missing ones and with a click of a button they've synced straight to my Wahoo (app and by defsuly will be on the Wahoo when i next turn it on :smile: )...

From the sounds of it I reckons the 2016 seems to me the one to go for the mo... :-bd
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

Shaf - just remembered that there aren't many resupply points or cafés on the 2016 route: café at Feizor (50km); Moorcock Inn at 100km; café, shops, chippy at Hawes (126km); shops at Grassington at 160km. Depends how comfortable you are in getting water/soft drinks from a pub I suppose - it's the only thing there. On the day of that group start it was really hot and there wasn't much water around on the route.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

Thanks for that lovely info there Bob... will bear it in mind :grin: