Yay, it's cheery Friday.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

RIP

Re: Yay, it's cheery Friday.

Post by RIP »

Roobell7 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:10 pm
RIP wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:00 pm Blimey Andy, now that's the way to travel :smile: .

Re route/buddies, if you're coming this evening there'll loads of lonely hearts in the Wynnstay Arms. Our little congregation for example will be going north - at OAP speed :-bd
Sounds a plan. I'll be fat bike single speed, so OAP pace obligatory :lol:
The only major drawback with joining our little band is you'd be forced to spend all evening in a remote pub with lots of interesting Welsh beers, food, a blazing log fire, and some nutters. It's not going to be a walk in the park :sad: . It's not all bad though, there will probably be a thoroughly unpleasant ditch or barn afterwards somewhere :-bd .
Last edited by RIP on Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
RIP

Post by RIP »

Bearlegged wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:18 pm Snow and sleet oop norf.
Packing *all* the warm and waterproof things.
Curiously I'm wearing far more weight than I'm carrying. Am I doing owt wrong do you think.....

Just changed onto the Aber train and still very cheery. I always get a little frisson of pleasure when I hear the announcement... "calling at..... Y Trallwng, Y Drenewydd, Caersws, Machynlleth, Cyffordd Dyfi, Borth, (Bow Street), Aberystwyth". Priceless adventures (*) await getting off at any and every one of those with a bike and a clean pair of socks.

(*) no I don't mean the best adventures are when Jeff's not there :wink:
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

Boab

Post by Boab »

Roobell7 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:50 am Anyone got a route, or looking for a ride buddy?
I've got about nine, going off in all directions... 😂
There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

Cheery here! Mainly as I still have a full compliment of fingers on my right hand,I was inspecting a piling shackle when the 1" diameter spring loaded pin decided to let go dragging my index finger into the sharp edged location hole. Much hilarity ensued with myself screaming for help and not being heard over the ridiculously loud radio. Eventually I managed to release the pin and inspected the damage, index finger pad cut half way through the pad and top of finger to bone. Very messy, cheery as if it was a tad lower it would have taken the top of my finger off :shock:
Also cheery is the arrival of a valve phono stage, this means I can finally play some vinyl :-bd my lad is coming around later with his shiny new Virtual reality headset so we’re going to have a little generation gap technology exchange, I’ve a feeling he’s going to be impressed. Why did I ever fall for the CD con? I’d forgotten just how good a 12" single sounded :-bd
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
frogatthefarriers

Post by frogatthefarriers »

fatbikephil wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:05 am I wish I'd become an international jewel thief (or a banker)
Or a lawyer. All three are equally criminal.
Konia kują, żaba noge podstawia...
frogatthefarriers

Post by frogatthefarriers »

RIP wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:00 pm
Re route/buddies, if you're coming this evening there'll loads of lonely hearts in the Wynnstay Arms. Our little congregation for example will be going north - at OAP speed :-bd
I’m going - it’ll have to be SC (Senior Citizen. OAP is so 70s) speed.
Konia kują, żaba noge podstawia...
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

Cheery here as I passed my lat flow test this morning and am on a rest stop near Builth Wells
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
Jurassic pusher

Post by Jurassic pusher »

BigdummySteve wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:18 pm Cheery here! Mainly as I still have a full compliment of fingers on my right hand,I was inspecting a piling shackle when the 1" diameter spring loaded pin decided to let go dragging my index finger into the sharp edged location hole. Much hilarity ensued with myself screaming for help and not being heard over the ridiculously loud radio. Eventually I managed to release the pin and inspected the damage, index finger pad cut half way through the pad and top of finger to bone. Very messy, cheery as if it was a tad lower it would have taken the top of my finger off :shock:
Also cheery is the arrival of a valve phono stage, this means I can finally play some vinyl :-bd my lad is coming around later with his shiny new Virtual reality headset so we’re going to have a little generation gap technology exchange, I’ve a feeling he’s going to be impressed. Why did I ever fall for the CD con? I’d forgotten just how good a 12" single sounded :-bd
That was very lucky/unlucky, the radio on loud when I`m working gets right on my Tit$ but that could have been more serious!
Roobell7

Post by Roobell7 »

Roobell7 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:10 pm
RIP wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:00 pm Blimey Andy, now that's the way to travel :smile: .

Sounds a plan. I'll be fat bike single speed, so OAP pace obligatory :lol:
Save me a beer (or two) I'm on my way :-bd
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

Thanks for the words of encouragement on the jacking the job in front, I knew people that frequent this place would understand. Not sure moving to remotest Wales is the answer in my case, but it's certainly encouraging how it has (and continues to) work out for you Stu (and l from where I'm standing it does look like it's working out :-bd ).

Do you think Phil, with all this high tech cyber fraud and online scams, that sometimes they just don't bother locking the bank vaults any more, since no-one goes in with a balaclava and a sawn off shotgun anymore... ?

Anyway, late in getting back to this thread since I spent the rest of Friday building some racking in the garage (don't know if that immediately features in future work plans, but having a proper workspace at hand feels pretty important), packing for a bikerafting trip yesterday, which left me pretty knackered, and then this morning a shift volunteering in the kitchen at an anti-food waste café, which may feature in future work plans, but is a damn good thing to be involved with anyway

So still cheery now, but bloody knackered. It's almost like I've been tramping round mid-Wales all weekend.
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

Went on a slight diversion on the ride to work to go past another post box, saw it driving past on Monday. On a grey and cold morning (I must dig out the winter kit) to see they had not taken it down yet and I was able to get a photo was a cheery start to the day :grin:

Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Getting more (relatively pain free) movement in my shoulder since the injection and recent physio.

If I wore a bra I'd still not be able to do it up (rear fastening, natch :wink:) but latest bloody painful (they must be the right ones then) exercises may help with that too.

:-bd
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

A front loader may be the answer to your problem... :grin:
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

Isn't the technique to do it up with the clasp at the front, rotate 180 degrees and then put your arms through the straps :wink:

I have to do up the clasp on my HR strap with it at the front then rotate as I can't manage it as easily on the side where it's positioned.
psling

Post by psling »

That's what I love about this place. Predominantly a male environment and we're having a discussion on the best way to fasten your bra... :grin: :grin: :grin:
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

I only used that analogy as it's what the (female) physio said when telling me what to do.

I kinda suspected where it was going to go on here though :lol: :roll: :lol:

The wife's had both shoulders "done" and still uses various techniques. I believe, for some ladies with larger bresticles a front clasp can be a bit awkward too.
Boab

Post by Boab »

This time last year, I decided to buy all the bits to build a MFOS WSG, but never quite got round to it. I decided to start on it this afternoon, but didn't get very far, as I'm struggling a bit after my COVID booster jab the other day. So it's a cheery Friday today, as it's a start, and it makes noises! 👍

Now off to vegetate on the sofa with a beer...
There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

Boab wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:54 pm This time last year, I decided to buy all the bits to build a MFOS WSG, but never quite got round to it. I decided to start on it this afternoon, but didn't get very far, as I'm struggling a bit after my COVID booster jab the other day. So it's a cheery Friday today, as it's a start, and it makes noises! 👍

Now off to vegetate on the sofa with a beer...
red +ve, black-ve... (boring)
Throw caution to the wind and use any colour wire, think Feng shi rather than logical colour coding. :grin: You'll find the solution quicker that way :grin: :lol: :-bd
you know like budget Chinese electronic. Its how they put the magic smoke inside at bargain prices
(PS don't try check on the magic smoke by letting it out. It'll never work again)
I hope you think you know, what I might of exactly meant.
Warning - may contain value odded typos & ither mythspellings..
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

just got confirmation on Sept City break Copenhagen. fingers crossed...
I hope you think you know, what I might of exactly meant.
Warning - may contain value odded typos & ither mythspellings..
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

A new knitted post box cover. I saw it had changed from Santa and friends when I drove past on Monday but I couldn't works out what it was. Minor diversion on Wednesday's run to work to go past and at first I still couldn't work it out.

It's fast food but what's the significance? These knitted hats are usually topical, Christmas, Easter or current affairs etc. Then I spotted it #-O

It's a tribute to the chippy across the road :lol:
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

51 signs you may have taken ultralight bikepacking too far.

(Sign 51 is that you've clearly forgotten the bike.)
RIP

Post by RIP »

Top theme for a ride that Sean. I need to get back to Llwyngwril and see if theirs are still there - used to be loads all over the village.

Meanwhile in other news, if you're at a loose end, this puzzle made my brain hurt and made me quite cheery. Managed to get today's in five goes.

https://www.powerlanguage.co.uk/wordle/

Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Bearlegged wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:16 am 51 signs you may have taken ultralight bikepacking too far.

(Sign 51 is that you've clearly forgotten the bike.)
Humour's entirely subject and personal but that was about as funny as a fart in a lift, IMO :roll:

Give us some Roy Chubby Brown* :lol: :oops:

* nah, not really.
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

RIP wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:04 am Meanwhile in other news, if you're at a loose end, this puzzle made my brain hurt and made me quite cheery. Managed to get today's in five goes.

https://www.powerlanguage.co.uk/wordle/
I've been playing every day, well every day I'm at work. I had the first 3 letters early doors so how appropriate that I didn't get the solution to the last guess :lol: