Yay, it's cheery Friday.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

RIP

Re: Yay, it's cheery Friday.

Post by RIP »

Dave Barter wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:18 pm Happy Friday here as I thought it was Saturday. Twixmas does that to you. Also happy as Jake and Helen have made us a massive Japanese meal for this evening.
Well it probably is Saturday in Japan? So that works well.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
RIP

Post by RIP »

Verena wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:06 pm :lol: :lol: :lol: I would send a witty reply but
The night is young V, I'm happy to wait :smile: .
good luck Mrs Perrin with your search for a working knob
Mrs P liked Stu's reference to knob gags. You could say she was gagging for it.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I feel it would be unjust to focus entirely on knob gags, so

*probably the only thing that could stop Mike eating

**I especially like this one as if you pull it up, you cease to be the gimp in the cellar and are transformed into a clown - perfect for kids parties.
May the bridges you burn light your way
Verena

Post by Verena »

RIP wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:28 pm
Verena wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:06 pm :lol: :lol: :lol: I would send a witty reply but
Nope, still nothing. Especially now that Stu has beating me to it with the gag gag.

How infuriating, I mean, how hard can it be?
RIP

Post by RIP »

Verena wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:05 pm
RIP wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:28 pm
Nope, still nothing. Especially now that Stu has beating me to it with the gag gag.

How infuriating, I mean, how hard can it be?
:grin:

frogatthefarriers

Post by frogatthefarriers »

Nearly all the broad bean seeds that I sowed at the end of November broken the surface.
Konia kują, żaba noge podstawia...
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:51 pm I feel it would be unjust to focus entirely on knob gags, so

*probably the only thing that could stop Mike eating

**I especially like this one as if you pull it up, you cease to be the gimp in the cellar and are transformed into a clown - perfect for kids parties.
:o voile straps have changed, will they be available in tha shop?
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
Verena

Post by Verena »

:lol:

Just finished watching "Don't look up", what a brilliant film, has anyone watched it??

Anyway, Happy New Year!!
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

Boab wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:00 am The only thing cheerier than it being the last day of 2021, is the fact I bought myself a pair of ice skates yesterday.
On the warmest day in December on record. I hope they were in the sale :shock:
I hope you think you know, what I might of exactly meant.
Warning - may contain value odded typos & ither mythspellings..
Boab

Post by Boab »

Verena wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:53 am :lol:

Just finished watching "Don't look up", what a brilliant film, has anyone watched it??

Anyway, Happy New Year!!
Watched it the other night. At times both hilarious and utterly terrible, but worryingly you could easily imagine that kind of politics.
There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.
Boab

Post by Boab »

ledburner wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:55 am
Boab wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:00 am The only thing cheerier than it being the last day of 2021, is the fact I bought myself a pair of ice skates yesterday.
On the warmest day in December on record. I hope they were in the sale :shock:
If only, cost more than the Hunt wheels I bought the other month, as I have "problem" feet.
There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

I'll kick off this week's cheeriness.

Handed my notice in yesterday. I have no other plans, but I've been thinking about it for a while, and came to the conclusion in the summer that I just needed to do it and figure it out later, but that finishing in the spring would be much better than the autumn (notice period is 3 months).

Thought I would feel exuberant, but it's a little bit anticlimactic (perhaps working from home doesn't help that), though nothing is making me regret it. Satisfied that I've finally stopped dithering and done it.

Now just got to find a way to pay the bills. Might take some time out for a bike trip first though.
Verena

Post by Verena »

Congratulations!
slarge

Post by slarge »

thenorthwind wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:20 am I'll kick off this week's cheeriness.

Handed my notice in yesterday. I have no other plans, but I've been thinking about it for a while, and came to the conclusion in the summer that I just needed to do it and figure it out later, but that finishing in the spring would be much better than the autumn (notice period is 3 months).

Thought I would feel exuberant, but it's a little bit anticlimactic (perhaps working from home doesn't help that), though nothing is making me regret it. Satisfied that I've finally stopped dithering and done it.

Now just got to find a way to pay the bills. Might take some time out for a bike trip first though.
Congratulations - it seems a lot of people (including me) are taking this approach. I finish work in 3 weeks time (for 12 month career break which will probably turn into something completely different!).
Looking outside it is sunny and blue skies - which is a good omen for the weekend in mid Wales
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

and came to the conclusion in the summer that I just needed to do it and figure it out later,
Best way. We landed here 16 years ago this Wed just gone. I had no money and absolutely no idea what I would do ... still no money and still no idea but it's been an adventure :-bd
May the bridges you burn light your way
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

thenorthwind wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:20 am I'll kick off this week's cheeriness.

This is by far the best way to leave a job. Having no plans really does make the world your oyster. I know it will turn out for the best, it did for me (twice).
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Well done Dave and good luck. Have you considered crime as a way to pay the bills? Not petty stuff, I'm talking about major league safe cracking kind of thing - I'm sure its much easier than the banks would have us believe. I've finally reailsed after all these years that crime does pay and I wish I'd become an international jewel thief (or a banker) all those years ago at the careers fair. Sorry, its been one of those weeks.....

Averagely cheery for me as I'm duty manager again. Hopefully a bit easier than last time when storm Arwen hit :???:
RIP

Post by RIP »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:02 am this Wed just gone
Mid Winter in Mid Wales, well you certainly chucked yourselves in at the deep end :-bd . 10' deep snow in the yard was there? "Hmm what have we done?", or knowing you "chuffin brilliant!" :smile:

Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Friday breakfast from Gregg's after dog walk.

The nice bloke who works there keeps trying to give my dogs sausages as a treats Trouble is they only get dry food and last time he did this they chucked them up (daft lad fed them whole sausages :???:).

This morning he gave them to me to give to the dogs. Hence I ended up with extra sausage in my bap. I mean I should probably feel sort of bad but it's for their own good really :wink: :grin:
Roobell7

Post by Roobell7 »

Picked up the keys to my new travelling home yesterday :grin:

ImageDuke by Andy Wright, on Flickr ImageDuke by Andy Wright, on Flickr

Going back to North Kilworth today enjoy a day going over it again. Planning for the Winter Event is a little behind Schedule :???:

ImageDuke by Andy Wright, on Flickr ImageDuke by Andy Wright, on Flickr

Anyone got a route, or looking for a ride buddy?

Andy
RIP

Post by RIP »

slarge wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:47 am sunny and blue skies - which is a good omen for the weekend in mid Wales
Nah don't be silly Steve, just lulling you into false sense of security and cheeriness!

Well I appear to be on a train to Mid Wales so that's pretty damn cheery in my book. Very sunny indeed here darn sarf but I'm fully waterproofed in anticipation.

Currently in the restaurant car enjoying kippers, kedgeree, full english, toast, marmalade, pot of Darjeeling, and so on.

Ah no, it's a cardboard box of tea and a kitkat isn't it :smile:

RIP

Post by RIP »

dupl
Last edited by RIP on Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RIP

Post by RIP »

Blimey Andy, now that's the way to travel :smile: .

Re route/buddies, if you're coming this evening there'll loads of lonely hearts in the Wynnstay Arms. Our little congregation for example will be going north - at OAP speed :-bd

Roobell7

Post by Roobell7 »

RIP wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:00 pm Blimey Andy, now that's the way to travel :smile: .

Re route/buddies, if you're coming this evening there'll loads of lonely hearts in the Wynnstay Arms. Our little congregation for example will be going north - at OAP speed :-bd
Sounds a plan. I'll be fat bike single speed, so OAP pace obligatory :lol:
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

RIP wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:52 am
slarge wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:47 am sunny and blue skies - which is a good omen for the weekend in mid Wales
Very sunny indeed here darn sarf but I'm fully waterproofed in anticipation.
Snow and sleet oop norf.
Packing *all* the warm and waterproof things.