Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Raggedstone

Re: Yay, it's cheery Friday.

Post by Raggedstone »

Three sets ?
psling

Post by psling »

Raggedstone wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:51 pm Three sets ?
Yeah, and it's not like he ever rides in the rain either, is it !! :shock: :lol:
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

RIP wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:03 pm And I don't even like mince pies but, well, you just have to don't you?
No. No you don't.
RIP

Post by RIP »

psling wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:57 pm
Raggedstone wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:51 pm Three sets ?
Yeah, and it's not like he ever rides in the rain either, is it !! :shock: :lol:
Hah! Yah, all knackered. Surprised the bike moved at all. And here was me thinking it was cos Trep and Bear were much fitter than I am :smile: .

So all the things I asked them to check needed replacing. Good job I didn't request a full M check. Might've had to get a complete new bike. Er.
Last edited by RIP on Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
RIP

Post by RIP »

:cry:
Bearlegged wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:41 pm
RIP wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:03 pm And I don't even like mince pies but, well, you just have to don't you?
No. No you don't.
Doh. I wish someone had told me that ten Christmases ago. Still, the plague brew helped it down. You'll be telling me I don't have to eat crimbo cake and Wensleydale together next.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

I’ll have to remember that excuse.
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

RIP wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:31 pm You'll be telling me I don't have to eat crimbo cake and Wensleydale together next.
I'm not fussed about the cake, but if there's any Wensleydale (or other cheese) going spare, feel free to send it to Bearlegged Towers.
psling

Post by psling »

Well, it's Friday and it's Christmas Eve and that's quite cheery really 🎄
I shall be trying to stay awake tonight in the hope of finally seeing Santa although I haven't managed it in all my years yet. You do all believe in Santa don't you? Still, as usual I've already bought all the stuff I actually want but will no doubt be pleasantly surprised by whatever Santa brings.
You all enjoy whatever Christmas means or doesn't mean to you and have a Cheery Friday anyway :-bd
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
Boab

Post by Boab »

Just got an email with grid references in it... 👍
There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.
RIP

Post by RIP »

Boab wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:37 am Just got an email with grid references in it... 👍
I just said the very same thing to Mrs Perrin and she said "that's nice dear" and strolled off :grin:

It's worrying how easily pleased we are in This Place.

Verena

Post by Verena »

Tidied up my bedroom yesterday and found several packs of panda biscuits which I had thought would be nice to bring along to the WWB - unused of course.

Doubted that I would have the correct number for the WE, so to avoid any disappointment....

Ate the lot this morning, for breakfast, in bed, started the day feeling slightly sick, in a good way :-bd
RIP

Post by RIP »

Verena wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:27 pm
"Doubted" that I would have the correct number for the WE, so .... ate the lot this morning
What a happy coincidence :wink: .

AndreR

Post by AndreR »

Cheery Friday indeed, just got the official emails confirming the office closes at 14:00! Can I take the opportunity to wish you all a happy and relaxing festive break with family and friends?!!
If at first you don't succeed you're running about average!

Introverts Unite! We are here, we are uncomfortable and we want to go home.
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

Just been over to the rather good cheese shop at Settle :-bd Glad to report that it's nothing like the Monty Python establishment and no staff were hurt during the transaction!
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
Verena

Post by Verena »

RIP wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:36 pm
Verena wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:27 pm
"Doubted" that I would have the correct number for the WE, so .... ate the lot this morning
What a happy coincidence :wink: .
Shhhh :wink:
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Waha - Dee has just returned from her bi-weekly charity dog walking and shopping for the infirm trip bearing a Lidl brownie for yours truly. I shall be settling down with that later, maybe even with a nescaf' latte int' other hand. Rock and indeed roll. :-bd
May the bridges you burn light your way
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

I had to replace a phone this morning. After an incident last night. Unplanned expediture. Just like murphy law the phone fell off the new dash mount missed the square yard of carpet on the car floor and hit the inch om metal seat rail . Grrr. :roll: :lol: It cost over £150 including repairing the better older phone
I had to complete my shift and just report exception not make lots of notes as usual. :-bd £150 ,just to finish 1/2 an hour earlier last night.,
😂
At least we have a spare phone.
( I thought i posted this . earlier.. :roll: )
I hope you think you know, what I might of exactly meant.
Warning - may contain value odded typos & ither mythspellings..
Boab

Post by Boab »

The only thing cheerier than it being the last day of 2021, is the fact I bought myself a pair of ice skates yesterday.
There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

The oven blew up on Wed night but this morning a new element and fan motor arrived and it lives again ... good news as there might have been a Lemon Drizzle shortage next weekend otherwise and we couldn't have that could we? :wink:
Verena

Post by Verena »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:12 pm The oven blew up on Wed night but this morning a new element and fan motor arrived and it lives again ... good news as there might have been a Lemon Drizzle shortage next weekend otherwise and we couldn't have that could we? :wink:
:o :o
Disaster averted, thank goodness :-bd

Despite the dog chewing my headphones this morning (at least it wasn't the phone they were attached to...), a definite CF feeling, feeling ready to wrap up this year and looking forward to whatever the next one will bring...

Thanks everyone on here for making this year a whole lot more enjoyable 😃
RIP

Post by RIP »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:12 pm The oven blew up on Wed night but this morning a new element and fan motor arrived and it lives again ... good news as there might have been a Lemon Drizzle shortage next weekend otherwise and we couldn't have that could we? :wink:
You think you've got problems. Two days ago I had a big issue with my knob. It went really stiff. I can't remember the last time it did that. Luckily Mrs Perrin was close by and she managed to manipulate it firmly for a while. The result of that was it then unfortunately came off in her hand. We're extremely lucky that Hotpoint still do spares though and I've sent off for one.

It had actually gone wrong earlier in the week without us realising. It twisted too much on its spindle meaning the oven was 40deg hotter than we thought. Mrs P's cake for her dad's birthday ended up somewhat more well-done than she'd hoped.
Last edited by RIP on Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Nothing like a good knob gag* to transform a dreary New Years eve. :-bd Reminds me of the time I was trying to explain to someone how I thought buying your meat from a butchers was far better than from a supermarket. Unfortunately, my brain removed a word and my mouth didn't catch on, so I ended up telling them how "you can't beat your meat in a butchers these days". I can only assume they gave my butchers a wide berth after that**.

* Doesn't that conjure up unpleasant pictures

** wonder if they thought it was a new Welsh assembly ruling or just something that butchers had decided themselves.
RIP

Post by RIP »

:lol: Cheery Friday indeed

Knob Problem update: Mrs Perrin now desperately needs the knob. Because she wants turning on for dinner. We're having to use a pair of pliers instead now, which I'm hoping isn't the long-term solution to our marital oven issues.
Last edited by RIP on Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Verena

Post by Verena »

:lol: :lol: :lol: I would send a witty reply, but I'm too busy chuckling.... good luck Mrs Perrin with your search for a working knob
RIP wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:04 pm :lol:

Cheery Friday indeed

Knob Problem update: Mrs Perrin now desperately needs the knob. Because she wants turning on for dinner. We're having to use a pair of pliers instead now, which I'm hoping isn't the long-term solution to our marital oven issues.
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

Happy Friday here as I thought it was Saturday. Twixmas does that to you. Also happy as Jake and Helen have made us a massive Japanese meal for this evening.
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer