Yay, it's cheery Friday.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

woodsmith

Re: Yay, it's cheery Friday.

Post by woodsmith »

Went to Go Outdoors for a 2 quid sachet of Tech Wash, came out with a new pair of Columbia shoes reduced from £115 to £35 :-bd
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

Richpips wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:30 pm
Dave Barter wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:27 pm
Richpips wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:07 pm Realtively cheery:

Went to the hospital for the third this time this month today searching for why I've pain in my chest and a limited ability to breathe properly.

Had a big syringe of liquid drawn from my pleural sac which is going for tests.

CT scans suggest there might be a tiny clot in my lung, so going back for another scan soon.

Doctor said not to worry about sinister outcomes.

Might have a brief ride out on the bike this weekend.

:smile:
All the best Rich, could it be mild pneumonia.
Not sure Dave, I've already had one course of doxycycline t'other week that didn't clear it. Not coughing and don't feel ill (other than the shortness of breath).
Well I’m really hoping it’s nothing nasty
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
Richpips

Post by Richpips »

Dave Barter wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:06 pm Well I’m really hoping it’s nothing nasty
Thanks!
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

I've just found a bottle of tawny port.
A quick Friday tipple then bed :-bd
I hope you think you know, what I might of exactly meant.
Warning - may contain value odded typos & ither mythspellings..
Verena

Post by Verena »

Not that it's happening this morning as it's warmed up again after a couple of frosty nights. Or that I need to go anywhere today. But my CF thought is of all those winter mornings to come when I wake up to the neighbours out there early in the dark scraping ice and endlessly running their car engines, noisy AND stinky. While I have remembered what is probably the single most attractive little luxury of having an electric car...I can just, at some convenient point between my first and second cup of coffee, pick up my phone, briefly play with an app, and hey presto, step a while later into an ice free, comfortably temperated, not steaming up car....

Happy Friday everyone!
Boab

Post by Boab »

Got home last night to find that a courier had finally delivered a massive vinyl order I placed ages ago. So today I'll be trying to wade through 22 slabs of audio goodness.
There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.
woodsmith

Post by woodsmith »

Packing my backpack for a weeks hiking in Scotland. Really rather excited :grin:
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Bollox to cheery Friday - I'm outside in the cold trying to chase fault codes on the van :roll:
May the bridges you burn light your way
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

You have my sympathies Stu.

But back on track, it's actually quite warm here despite the wind and nice and sunny. Also, we went to see some films and talks at one of the local breweries on Monday night, hosted by Jenny Tough and Sidetracked magazine. Bought some tickets for the raffle in aid of Trash Free Trails and just found out we've won third prize. Don't know what it is yet but given the prize donors list, it bodes well.
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

I've had a good week at work and we've done well from one of our clients. Was in Co-op at lunchtime and a lady from Brixham Food bank was buying a trolley load of goods. So I stepped in and paid for it which has made me feel sanctimonious yet happy.
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

FFS, it's getting worse. Just put a knife across 3 fingers, plasters can't stem the tide so I've put a plastic glove on and will pretend it's not happening. :-bd

Boab

Post by Boab »

Been in to see the vampires and had a mint club as a reward. 👍
There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

Verena wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:45 am . But my CF thought is of all those winter mornings to come when :-bd I wake up to the neighbours out there early in the dark scraping ice and endlessly running their car engines, noisy AND stinky.....
Happy Friday everyone!
I been racking by brain what does CF mean. Christmas, Climate,Change ~X( Acronym Amnesia :o

the penny finally dropped Doink! as my mum says.
I just dropped the thread :-bd
psling

Post by psling »

ledburner wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:13 pm I been racking by brain what does CF mean. Christmas, Climate,Change ~X( Acronym Amnesia :o

the penny finally dropped Doink! as my mum says.
I just dropped the thread :-bd
Hidden in plain sight eh! :grin: :wink:
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
Verena

Post by Verena »

Dave Barter wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:37 pm I've had a good week at work and we've done well from one of our clients. Was in Co-op at lunchtime and a lady from Brixham Food bank was buying a trolley load of goods. So I stepped in and paid for it which has made me feel sanctimonious yet happy.
Good one you :-bd
Verena

Post by Verena »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:41 pm FFS, it's getting worse. Just put a knife across 3 fingers, will pretend it's not happening.
I do that as well when I cut myself, just pretend it's not real...

If it's any consolation,.my day has also turned to poor show
psling

Post by psling »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:41 pm FFS, it's getting worse. Just put a knife across 3 fingers, plasters can't stem the tide so I've put a plastic glove on and will pretend it's not happening. :-bd

Well, that's put me off sausages for a while... :shock:
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
AndreR

Post by AndreR »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:41 pm FFS, it's getting worse. Just put a knife across 3 fingers, plasters can't stem the tide so I've put a plastic glove on and will pretend it's not happening. :-bd

Dry with a paper towel, quick dob of SuperGlue and pinch shut. Sorted!
If at first you don't succeed you're running about average!

Introverts Unite! We are here, we are uncomfortable and we want to go home.
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

Dave Barter wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:37 pm I've had a good week at work and we've done well from one of our clients. Was in Co-op at lunchtime and a lady from Brixham Food bank was buying a trolley load of goods. So I stepped in and paid for it which has made me feel sanctimonious yet happy.
Good man Dave.

To add some sanctimony, me and my girlfriend are taking part in a Covid study for the ONS at the moment - they come regularly and take swabs to send off for testing, and we get a £25 voucher for each one. Got some things we need for the house, but also converted £75 to Morrisons vouchers for a local place that provide hot meals for people in need, as well as a whole host of generally very much needed services of all kinds.
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

AndreR wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:40 pm

Dry with a paper towel, quick dob of SuperGlue and pinch shut. Sorted!
Couple of turns of lecky tape to stop the machine oil getting in, be right in no time.
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

My glove had pretty much filled after an hour or so. Since employed superglue and spray plaster from the vets plus gaffa tape. :-bd
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:22 pm My glove had pretty much filled after an hour or so. Since employed superglue and spray plaster from the vets plus gaffa tape. :-bd
Hi you hand now?
It seem you will alway make a better job of it than me :wink:
I only a runner up prize in the Numpty Award. I didn't try hard enought for the Darwins :lol: .
I put a chisel tip across a knuckle at the back of my hand. A surprise sneeze and other my hand went in front of the chisel. hardly felt bit it, like the chisel brushed over my knuckles , not not going into my hand.. 2 plasters and binding it with climber/no stretch zinc tape. it stopped bleeding in half an hour. then off to my other work.

At least I got a good edge on the chisels (for once). They chopped and pared like a dream :grin: ..... and when they cut me, I hardly felt it. :roll: :lol:
Last edited by ledburner on Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
Verena

Post by Verena »

Shall we try a Cheery Friday without any injuries this week??? Just a thought....
RIP

Post by RIP »

^ :grin:

Stubbed my toe in the bathroom earlier on. Didn't enjoy that.

Well it seems I've been frequenting This Place for seven years to the day. In that time I've met some interesting people and had some ridiculous adventures. It's done a great job keeping me insane during lifes ups and downs. Life enriching one might say. So again I thank Stu and Dee for starting it all and steering it along. Curiously Bob got pulled into the family at the same time, and we have exactly the same number of posts, or did last week. Oh, and we're the same age.

So yeah Cheery Friday for me thank you.
Last edited by RIP on Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
trob6

Post by trob6 »

Well I'm not at work today and am motorbiking to Seaton to see 3 old friends I havnt seen since the Covid thing began, although it's raining now but you can't have it all!
What's the worst than can happen?