Yay, it's cheery Friday.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

sean_iow

Re: Yay, it's cheery Friday.

Post by sean_iow »

pistonbroke wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:42 pm Kes meets Absolute Beginners :lol:
It's funny you should mention Absolute Beginners as my girlfriend at the time looked just like Patsy Kensit did then :grin:
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

Mine looked more like Brian Glover :lol:
RIP

Post by RIP »

Sorry to put a downer on a CF, but I've just read two posts on an internet forum that have brought on a profound depression and explain a lot of what might be wrong with the world.

But, hey, it's Cheery Friday and we can't be down for long!! I've just started reading 'McCarthy's Bar' for the umpteenth time and it makes me glad to be alive :-bd .

After that I'm gonna play Tommy Kowey's Car for the umpteenth time as well :-bd .

Happy Friday all :grin: .
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

RIP wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:39 pm Sorry to put a downer on a CF, but I've just read two posts on an internet forum that have brought on a profound depression and explain a lot of what might be wrong with the world.

But, hey, it's Cheery Friday and we can't be down for long!! I've just started reading 'McCarthy's Bar' for the umpteenth time and it makes me glad to be alive :-bd .

After that I'm gonna play Tommy Kowey's Car for the umpteenth time as well :-bd .

Happy Friday all :grin: .
Love that book, cheery here, my lads been around I’ve got nice beer, COVID jab appointment arrived this morning and I’m watching Tommy Cooper. Hard to be miserable :-bd
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

I had a call from my doctor's and my first jab is next Wednesday :grin:
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

Mines Monday

And Vertebrate are publishing my next book hic!
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

RIP wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:39 pm But, hey, it's Cheery Friday and we can't be down for long!! I've just started reading 'McCarthy's Bar' for the umpteenth time and it makes me glad to be alive :-bd .
Must be 15 years since I read that! Probably time to revisit it, great book.

I've had a pretty damn cheery Friday. Unexpectedly bright and breezy this morning so went for a little ride, but did some practical things as well: picked up two things I needed from two different branches of Toolstation, and dropped the plastic film off for recycling.

Met a friend for lunch in the park. May have coincidentally bumped into a couple of other friends :???: Dropped of a loaf of bread I baked and a couple of little presents for a friend who's pregnant and due next week.

Made most of a composter for my mum. Most fortuitously, picked up an 8' length of shed felt from a lady on Freecycle, to cover this, and the strip that blew off my shed yesterday.

Got a delivery of beer from the pub I usually go to, who had to stop doing click and collect, but have started doing free delivery to my postcode :-bd
RIP

Post by RIP »

Dave Barter wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:02 pm And Vertebrate are publishing my next book hic!
Congrats Dave!
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

RIP

Post by RIP »

thenorthwind wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:14 pm
RIP wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:39 pm But, hey, it's Cheery Friday and we can't be down for long!! I've just started reading 'McCarthy's Bar' for the umpteenth time and it makes me glad to be alive :-bd .
Most fortuitously, picked up an 8' length of shed felt from a lady on Freecycle, to cover this, and the strip that blew off my shed
Ooh, jealous me. That's exactly what I was looking for this morning. Sadly I don't live in Newcastle so had to hand £24 over in Travis Perkins and walk half a mile home with a roll of felt on my shoulder. A jackdaw would have been preferential.

trob6

Post by trob6 »

I had a text from the doctors about a Covid jab yesterday and I had it within the hour :-bd

Feel dreadful today though :lol:
What's the worst than can happen?
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

trob6 wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:35 pm I had a text from the doctors about a Covid jab yesterday and I had it within the hour :-bd

Feel dreadful today though :lol:
I just felt tired & weiry, the missis was knocked out by hers,. We had different ones (Pfizer & Oxford respectively) and she had chemo a few years ago so that could have been more testing for her.
Take it easy you'll be OK soon.
I hope you think you know, what I might of exactly meant.
Warning - may contain value odded typos & ither mythspellings..
RIP

Post by RIP »

From speaking with various people it does seem that the AZ one gives you a bit of a whack. Had mine at 11am last Fri, fine all day, hands seized up a bit at 10pm so went to bed. Shivered like mad for 4 hours despite 3 quilts and hot water bottle, and sweated at same time. Next morning headache and sore throat until midday then right as rain. Sorry for the spoiler for those yet to have it :smile: . Conversely, 87 year old parents had Pfizer and no reactions at all.

Rapideye

Post by Rapideye »

Got a delivery of beer from the pub I usually go to, who had to stop doing click and collect, but have started doing free delivery to my postcode
A little micropub in our town is have also delivering ale. A quick text in the morning and then it turns up in the afternoon. I'm getting used to this service now. They even sent a reminder as I'd forgotten to order. Panther APA today. The beauty of it is that they deliver it in milk cartons so to hide the shame of my alcohol problem. Instead the neighbours are in awe at my calcium intake.
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

RIP wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:12 pm From speaking with various people it does seem that the AZ one gives you a bit of a whack. Had mine at 11am last Fri, fine all day, hands seized up a bit at 10pm so went to bed. Shivered like mad for 4 hours despite 3 quilts and hot water bottle, and sweated at same time. Next morning headache and sore throat until midday then right as rain. Sorry for the spoiler for those yet to have it :smile: . Conversely, 87 year old parents had Pfizer and no reactions at all.
Aye, my folks were a bit rough with it, my jab is late next Saturday. I’ve asked work to put my one job that week back a few days. However it makes me feel, I’m looking forward to not being scared of people, this last year has been traumatic.
The end of my marriage coincided with the first lockdown, two weeks after that my mother spent two months is intensive care, including 3 weeks in a coma, I couldn’t even visit my old man, let alone my mother.
I’m very careful, if I have to be in close contact ( which is not the norm in theatre work) I don’t see my folks for at least a week.
Please consider having the jab if you’re in the fence,,it’s not just about you.
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
frogatthefarriers

Post by frogatthefarriers »

RIP wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:12 pm From speaking with various people it does seem that the AZ one gives you a bit of a whack. Had mine at 11am last Fri, fine all day, hands seized up a bit at 10pm so went to bed. Shivered like mad for 4 hours despite 3 quilts and hot water bottle, and sweated at same time. Next morning headache and sore throat until midday then right as rain. Sorry for the spoiler for those yet to have it :smile: . Conversely, 87 year old parents had Pfizer and no reactions at all.
Me ‘n Her had ours 4 weeks ago today. The AZ one. No effects other than a little stiffness in the jab site. No worse than the ordinary flu jab, or any other injection I’ve had.
Konia kują, żaba noge podstawia...
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

My mate had exactly the same issues as you after his jab on Friday but he gets really cold hands and feet normally. My missus just had a sore arm, both with AZ. I get mine this afternoon so I guess I’ll find out which camp I’m in.
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

Rapideye wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:15 pm
Got a delivery of beer from the pub I usually go to, who had to stop doing click and collect, but have started doing free delivery to my postcode
A little micropub in our town is have also delivering ale. A quick text in the morning and then it turns up in the afternoon. I'm getting used to this service now. They even sent a reminder as I'd forgotten to order. Panther APA today. The beauty of it is that they deliver it in milk cartons so to hide the shame of my alcohol problem. Instead the neighbours are in awe at my calcium intake.
That's a dangerous situation to be in! Having a beerman* is much better than having a milkman though. I have a new rule for myself: no drinking on consecutive nights. We always have homemade pizza on Wednesday night, and I don't work Friday, so Thursday night is like Friday night for me (but so is Friday), so it's too easy to drink Weds-Thurs-Fri-Sat-Sun (end-of-weekend relaxing beer). I've only got to have a stressful Monday and Tuesday and hey presto, I'm an alcoholic. Rarely have more than two these days - hell, the second is becoming rarer - but still not a good pattern to get into.

*beerwomen (and for that matter milkwomen) may also be available.
Rapideye

Post by Rapideye »

I should stress it's not everyday, only Saturdays, I mean I don't want to survive covid and overdose on 'calcium'. That'd be tragic. I get what you mean though. I don't normally drink during the week but, what with WFH and home-schooling, I started to enjoy a beer on Wednesday too. Slippery slope. Thankfully, the Kids are back at school now, so I can step back from the brink. Phew.
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

thenorthwind wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:10 pm
Rapideye wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:15 pm
That's a dangerous situation to be in! Having a beerman* is much better than having a milkman though. I have a new rule for myself: no drinking on consecutive nights. We always have homemade pizza on Wednesday night, and I don't work Friday, so Thursday night is like Friday night for me (but so is Friday), so it's too easy to drink Weds-Thurs-Fri-Sat-Sun (end-of-weekend relaxing beer). I've only got to have a stressful Monday and Tuesday and hey presto, I'm an alcoholic. Rarely have more than two these days - hell, the second is becoming rarer - but still not a good pattern to get into.

*beerwomen (and for that matter milkwomen) may also be available.
Ask your Bilk/ Meer :-( transfer technician ( or delivery person).
who supplies milk stout? :grin:
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

Rapideye wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:06 pm I should stress it's not everyday, only Saturdays, I mean I don't want to survive covid and overdose on 'calcium'. That'd be tragic. I get what you mean though. I don't normally drink during the week but, what with WFH and home-schooling, I started to enjoy a beer on Wednesday too. Slippery slope. Thankfully, the Kids are back at school now, so I can step back from the brink. Phew.
Will someone open the pubs before we become alcoholics :lol:
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I've just had an email from 'Bary' in China telling me all about these new window cleaning robots he's got. Sound brilliant. I've ordered two. :-bd
May the bridges you burn light your way
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Let us know how you get on with them Stu, sounds just what I need.
Very cheery Friday for me as its been a cheery week:
Monday I received a reg number for the Triumph
Tuesday I finally got it running right after much carburation faffing
Wednesday I got the number plate, fitted it and went for its first run :-bd
Today I've been for a longer one and all seems OK. Just need to do a bit more carb faffing.
My latest batch of home brew is ready to drink :-bd :-bd
Its' to be sunny this weekend so make the most of it folks!
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Just shove a Mikuni on it Phil. It saves all that faffing and leaking petrol :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

I've had a mail with ' turkey neck solutuon'
not much meat there!
email from trumptopia, gun tittin' mid south.
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

Friday night is treats night at Landslide Towers. I just had an absolutely filthy* hot dog.

* in a good way