Yay, it's cheery Friday.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearlegged

Re: Yay, it's cheery Friday.

Post by Bearlegged »

Quite enjoyable. You'd have to be a proper grump to find it offensive.
Boab

Post by Boab »

Took my son to his first ever gig on Tuesday night, Jon Hopkins at the Royal Albert Hall. At one point I think he was the only person sitting down. Claims he enjoyed it though, I certainly did...

Also signed up to do the Winter Event... 👍
There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.
RIP

Post by RIP »

Judging by the playing it looks like the band were on fire that night.

And judging by the smoke, literally on fire!

Cheery Friday.. hmm... well I'm easily pleased as you know.. and I'm pleased we're having chips tonight. Don't make 'em very often and when I do it's in the oven (*) doubling up with something else to save a few kWh. Get bored with same shapes so always ring the changes. 1cm cubes tonight. Peel on obviously. Not sure what shape next time. Amphibious landing craft shape? Poke in the eye shape?

(*) are they still chips if cooked in the oven though? They're coated in oil so aren't 'baked potatoes'.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

We call 'em chips in our house Reg - although, it could be argued that they are in fact, small roast potatoes?

On the subject of easily pleased, Ruby and myself did our usual lap of the forest without getting wet and I was able to bend some tube on my outside bending station (picnic bench) also without getting wet. Cause for cheer me thinks.
May the bridges you burn light your way
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

This cutie turned up on our doorstep this morning, much to the excitement of our collie pup.Image
It's a Podenco Andalus, the smallest version of a popular hunting dog.
Assuming it was a lost pet rather than a hunting dog due to its lack of stature and clingy nature, we put a note out on facebook and the local rescue dog site. No takers but the rescue place advised us to pop it down to the police station to see if it was chipped. They confirmed that it was chipped but couldn't find the owner's address, it therefore has to be scanned by a vet who will reunite it with it's owners. If this is unsuccessful, we asked to be contacted as we wouldn't want to countenance the alternative option.
RIP

Post by RIP »

A very valid argument re roast potatoes. I think you're right. Sounds much healthier than 'chips' too :smile: .
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

ledburner

Post by ledburner »

pistonbroke wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:45 pm pup.Image
It's a Podenco Andalus, the smallest version of a popular hunting dog.
hot dog & chips. Yay!
call it mini- roast - spuds!
I hope you think you know, what I might of exactly meant.
Warning - may contain value odded typos & ither mythspellings..
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

Update on the lost dog.
We took it to the police last night and it was chipped but they couldn't contact the owner so we left it there for the vet to have a go. Had a call this morning from the police to say they still hadn't found its owner so I said I'd go down and collect it. Just as I was setting off there was a knock at the door and 3 blokes asking if I'd seen their dog. I explained where it was and they were very grateful to go and get it. Happy ending, yay!
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

pistonbroke wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:15 pm Update on the lost dog.
We took it to the police last night and it was chipped but they couldn't contact the owner so we left it there for the vet to have a go. Had a call this morning from the police to say they still hadn't found its owner so I said I'd go down and collect it. Just as I was setting off there was a knock at the door and 3 blokes asking if I'd seen their dog. I explained where it was and they were very grateful to go and get it. Happy ending, yay!
:-bd
RIP

Post by RIP »

Bearlegged wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:22 am Quite enjoyable. You'd have to be a proper grump to find it offensive.
David O'Doherty Along For The Ride, C4, 10pm. Tonight's instalment is with Grayson Perry. "It's a comedy interview show on two wheels that delivers lots of laughter, proper conversation and stunning scenery, while meditating on the physical and mental health benefits of cycling".

"This time, David is joined by artist and former mountain bike racer Grayson Perry as they take to the wilds of the Brecon Beacons, to enjoy the stunning Welsh views and tackle the challenging hills. During the two-day trip, they bond over Grayson's career, childhood tales and his disdain for nature. And, after a rough night sleeping off-grid, David and Grayson attempt to finish the trip in style by conquering a gruelling five-mile climb - while deeply hungover!"

Sounds familiar!

ledburner

Post by ledburner »

Friday was good, :-bd then it went down hill caught a lurghy, week end with bad man flu, dosed up on cold & flu remedy missed Sunday lunch meal out with family. I self quarenteened, so not to pass it on. I am now eating the remnants of a doggy bag from yesterday.. :???:
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

ledburner wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:56 pm Friday was good, :-bd then it went down hill caught a lurghy, week end with bad man flu, dosed up on cold & flu remedy missed Sunday lunch meal out with family. I self quarenteened, so not to pass it on. I am now eating the remnants of a doggy bag from yesterday.. :???:
*Thats a doggy 'take-out' bag not dog food :???: .

I've just found the missing exposure Axis light I lost in October. :-bd :YMPRAY:
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

Went to clean the grate in the stove ready for this evening and found that there were still glowing embers from last night. A bit of making tiny kindling and the fire is going again. :-bd
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
RIP

Post by RIP »

whitestone wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:43 pm Went to clean the grate in the stove ready for this evening and found that there were still glowing embers from last night. A bit of making tiny kindling and the fire is going again. :-bd
Those Honey Stoves are really the dogs' aren't they, amazing how they keep the heat! :-bd

Having an evening in with a beer and Sapphire & Steel here, then some tree planting tomorrow.

Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I split my day 3 ways. 1/ lying in a wet ditch. 2/ contortions behind the washing machine 3/ crawling about in the horrible loft. However, I'm now hopeful that the Towers once again has a running water supply and I've just had fillet steak and gluten free chocolate cake for tea because it's Dee's birthday and I'm actually quite nice :-bd
psling

Post by psling »

Happy Birthday Dee :-bd
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

Got the lad round tonight. We’re watching Masterchef with beer.

Edit: Happy Birthday Dee!!! Hope you got motorbikes and bows from Stu
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Hope you got motorbikes and bows from Stu
A posh monocular ... ooh and steak obviously.
Ian

Post by Ian »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:03 pm A posh monocular ..
Which one did you go for?
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I went for a Gosky in the end Ian. Seemed like a reasonable mix of size, features and cost.
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:03 pm
Hope you got motorbikes and bows from Stu
A posh monocular ... ooh and steak obviously.
I read that as "monocle" and wondered, not for the first time, what exactly goes on of an evening in deepest Wales with a woman wearing a monacle :???: :wink: :grin:
RIP

Post by RIP »

How's the floods, fires and plagues there Stu? Felt for you there a bit, did seem more than your fair share of fending off the elements and domestic utilities recently.

thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

This morning I went into the spares box and found a new 10 speed chain and cassette for one bike, and a new 11 speed chain for another. I mean, I knew they were there, because I bought them, but usually what happens is I know they're there, but when I go to get them out, it turns out they've vapourised or something.

Plus, sorting the bike out for the Scottish Winter Bivvy, so that's cheery.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

How's the floods, fires and plagues there Stu? Felt for you there a bit, did seem more than your fair share of fending off the elements and domestic utilities recently.
A certain satisfaction in digging trenches Reg. I do keep looking at one in particular and thinking, 'ooh just a bit wider and I could have a nice lie down' :wink:
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

And then wake up as you float past Dovey Junction?