Yay, it's cheery Friday.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

arkay

Re: Yay, it's cheery Friday.

Post by arkay »

RIP wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:47 am
Firstly it's interesting that your body adjusts so quickly to a new situation. Although, I could plainly have had a poo any time I wished - I possessed all the equipment for a successful release into the wild, and unlimited space - but my brain chose not to.

Secondly, maybe my body also switched into some sort of hyper-efficient food processor for the duration and converted everything into something useful and then instantly used it to further my onward progress :smile: .
Being new here I feel slightly awkward jumping in, but I am often the same. If I go away camping (or sometimes even just away for the weekend in a hotel) my intestines hit the pause button.

It’s been that way as long as I can remember, right back to Scout camp days. I can happily go two or even three days without even the slightest urge. It’s quite useful and doesn’t seem to cause any ill effects.
RIP

Post by RIP »

Don't feel awkward at all - the more the merrier in Here! Glad someone else has the same experience.

I've come to the conclusion that it must be an evolutionary trait - the last thing you want to be doing in an unknown or unfamiliar situation is having to effect involuntary weight reduction, whether on the run (not with the runs :smile: ) or with a temporary stop. You're gonna get eaten by that pterodactyl whilst performing and unable to escape.

On the other hand some weight reduction might make your escape quicker.

Hmm.

Anyway, you and I, arkay, must obviously be more in touch with our inner-caveman than others Here who don't enjoy this benefit. Let the pterodactyls eat them instead.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Verena

Post by Verena »

Currently sitting in my car in Talybont for work, waiting for someone.
Watching throngs upon throngs of cyclists riding past or arriving with their vans ready to grab a butty from the cafe before heading off to play in the sunshine.
Half cheery half agony as I can't play just yet...
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Defo cheery.
Barby this evening with friends I've not seen in yonks then on holiday for a week so some trundling about planned. :-bd
macinblack

Post by macinblack »

After months of being somewhat insular, it's time to poke my head out of my shell again. So, fetched our new pup yesterday.

Here's Dougal, another Chihuahua to add the family. He'll be treated like Pixie our other Chihuahua and will be mixing it up with our Patterdales, roughing it in the countryside and daring circling buzzards to give it ago.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Nice - dogs :-bd

Quite good so far - up bright and breezy and a wonder round the yard stark bollock with a brew to begin. Put some shorts on and serviced the van. Followed that with sorting out the headlight on Dee's bike and now just finished replacing the starter clutch on a quad (favour for someone).

Tomorrow, I'll put my shorts on first thing and head to sunny Stafford for the International Classic Bike show armed with a shopping list and not enough money. Might even stop at a Greggs ont' way :-bd
May the bridges you burn light your way
Verena

Post by Verena »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:30 am Tomorrow, I'll put my shorts on first thing
Probably wise :lol:
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

macinblack wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:15 am roughing it in the countryside and daring circling buzzards to give it ago.
:lol: :lol:
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:30 am Nice - dogs :-bd

Quite good so far - up bright and breezy and a wonder round the yard stark bollock with a brew to begin. Put some shorts on and serviced the van.
glad you didn't Drop a B*ll*ck in the workshop fixing stuff. :oops:
I hope you think you know, what I might of exactly meant.
Warning - may contain value odded typos & ither mythspellings..
Verena

Post by Verena »

CF for me, as I rode up the Tumble early this morning, it's been on my list but this is the first time I've done it

ImageIMG_20210709_065606 by Verena Zimmer, on Flickr
RIP

Post by RIP »

Good effort. Still, I'll bet the dip in the tarn afterwards invigorated you :wink: .
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

No tarns in Wales Reg - Llyn :wink:
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

They say bad news comes in threes, and that's been proven this week, with the trifecta* completed this afternoon.

But, since it's CF...
The beer man cometh with 2 growlers of my favourite IPA, one of a new NEIPA, and one of a 10% imperial black forest gateau stout - hiding that one from Reg :grin: All (well, maybe) for tomorrow night as I've sold my yurt, and we're moving it and putting it up in its new home tomorrow, and me, my glamourous assistant and the new owners will be celebrating this in said yurt with said beer.

*I love an excuse to use that word
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

thenorthwind wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:40 pm The beer man cometh with 2 growlers of my favourite IPA
How many beers in a growler? And clearly growler means something different where you are to where I live :lol:

Black forest gateau stout sounds nice what time does the drinking start? I've got a bbq to go to tonight so might be a but late getting to you, save me one :grin:
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
In Reverse

Post by In Reverse »

They're 3.5 pints where I live.

Or a meat and potato pie butty.

Or Si's user name on here.

And probably some other things...

https://youtu.be/X73BNKS04xw
Charliecres

Post by Charliecres »

A hungover but cheery Friday for me. My first day without a proper job for 35 years. Now, what shall I do with myself ...
RIP

Post by RIP »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:44 pm No tarns in Wales Reg - Llyn :wink:
<slaps forehead again> Very fair heckle. That's my visa rescinded then :smile:
Last edited by RIP on Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RIP

Post by RIP »

thenorthwind wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:40 pm 10% imperial black forest gateau stout - hiding that one from Reg :grin:
Flippin' 'eck. Double figures. It'd be quite fun to have an actual BF gateau at 10% alc...

RIP

Post by RIP »

In Reverse wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:42 pm They're 3.5 pints where I live.
What a curious measurement. I've learned summat there thank you. Not sure I'd be happy to have 3 pints, then be geared up for a 4th only to find there's just a half left in there :o .

RIP

Post by RIP »

Charliecres wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:23 pm A hungover but cheery Friday for me. My first day without a proper job for 35 years. Now, what shall I do with myself ...
Right, where do we start? :grin:

Hearty congratulations Charlie! Today is the start of the beginning of your life....

thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

sean_iow wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:46 pm
thenorthwind wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:40 pm The beer man cometh with 2 growlers of my favourite IPA
How many beers in a growler? And clearly growler means something different where you are to where I live :lol:

Black forest gateau stout sounds nice what time does the drinking start? I've got a bbq to go to tonight so might be a but late getting to you, save me one :grin:
In Reverse wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:42 pm They're 3.5 pints where I live.

Or a meat and potato pie butty.

Or Si's user name on here.

And probably some other things...

https://youtu.be/X73BNKS04xw
Sadly only a litre in this case, so not even two pints - didn't think it had a set volume though, just a generic term for a bottle filled out of a keg or cask, rather than directly bottled/canned (therefore fresher, but also needs to be drunk quicker... which is convenient).

Didn't know it was a name for a pie butty - thought that was a Wigan kebab :lol:

That video is the line that always springs to my mind, though for some reason in my head it was Fat Bastard from Austin Powers saying it :???:
RIP wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:04 pm
Flippin' 'eck. Double figures. It'd be quite fun to have an actual BF gateau at 10% alc...
10% ABV might be difficult given the density of whipped cream, but 10% w/w might be more feasible. I'm willing to try in the name of science...
RIP

Post by RIP »

thenorthwind wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:24 pm I'm willing to try in the name of science...
Crack on old bean, we'll still be here later on to receive the full report :-bd

frogatthefarriers

Post by frogatthefarriers »

'S very cheery for me. I'm on the Pelican of London tall ship in Loch Bay on the Isle of Skye. It's the eighteenth birthday of someone on board. We've been to the pub, had some ceilidh dancing on board and partaken of a few slugs of rum. The sky is clear, there's a beautiful sunset and I'm still up well past my usual bedtime. It's a truly magical time. As cheery as it gets.
Konia kują, żaba noge podstawia...
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Sounds superb Lu, glad you're enjoying it. I assume it's not your 18th? :wink:
Alpinum

Post by Alpinum »

Well... I've been saying it to myself for the whole afternoon and evening... it's Tuesday ffs, not any other bloody day of week. And yet it feels like a Friday for no obvious reason. I'll be off work next Friday till Tuesday which will be messing with my internal weekday clock further.
A bit confusing and highly enjoyable.

So... yay, it's cheery Friday :grin: