Yay, it's cheery Friday.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

ledburner

Re: Yay, it's cheery Friday.

Post by ledburner »

RIP wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:36 am
ledburner wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:32 am it was very dark, claret........ gone back, to burgundy.
Sure you haven't just spilled your red wine ration on it 'Burner?
nah, been dry all week... last dwrink was a bokkle of geer on thurs night 14th April. :sad:
I hope you think you know, what I might of exactly meant.
Warning - may contain value odded typos & ither mythspellings..
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

the line on the daily covid test, day7, is certain not as strong the last 3 days where it was very dark, claret, almost / black...
it gone back, to burgundy. Hopefully negative by Sunday....
Is the guidance not now that there's no need to isolate?
May the bridges you burn light your way
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

Serviced the pedals on my gravel bike which I thought would cure the sudden and dramatic graunch it had developed. It didn't, but before heading off to the bike shop for a new BB, I checked the spares box, and found a brand new BB. Much cheeriness!
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

Bike packed, heading out on the King Alfred way this evening
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

After 15 years without any, Dee has finally decided it's about time the quad had some brakes. If the bits arrive today then I'll give it a go ... day could go either way.
RIP

Post by RIP »

:???: up to now, been both clogs onto the ground as required then has it?
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

It's very low geared Reg and if push really comes to shove, I've always managed to find something suitable to crash into :-bd
Verena

Post by Verena »

Greyhound Hermione had her stitches out and all clear from the vet today after her barbed wire tail injury :-bd

She still looks ridiculous though with a clean shaved bit of tail :lol:
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

Cheery here :-bd my lads around and been briefed about his new birth date, we’re on the guest list for Paul weller tonight, seems like a fair trade. I told him to buy me an album and he returned with’All mod cons’. As far as I’m concerned I’ve won at parenting :-bd
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
Verena

Post by Verena »

Certainly amusing,.and the reason why I'm whiling away a bit of time on here right now...
Been stressing at and about work, and was preparing to put in a few more hours into the evening and tomorrow morning...
Then I spilt some hot chocolate over the laptop, and for the last couple of hours this afternoon tried to do my job without using the letters G or H, whilst not sounding very abrupt, rude, or like an imbecile :lol:
I'd left it to dry out a bit, then went back to try again just now, only to find I can't even log on, because my password has a G in it :mrgreen:
Alpinum

Post by Alpinum »

Enjoying a local craft beer (US west coast style - nice) after a semi calm ride home from work, with slightly tired legs from last weekends big ride.
Feeling great.
One week and I'm off to you lads :-bd

What will tomorrow bring? A lazy day? A gentle penny farthing ride, some messing about on the ssp HT, a first ride in 2022 on the big bike?

Can't really be bothered. Just happy right now.
Started listening to newish Foo Fighter stuff and didn't like much of it. Back to the older albums. Sun in me face. Luvly.
Alpinum

Post by Alpinum »

Verena wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:14 pm Then I spilt some hot chocolate over the laptop, and for the last couple of hours this afternoon tried to do my job without using the letters G or H, whilst not sounding very abrupt, rude, or like an imbecile :lol:
I'd left it to dry out a bit, then went back to try again just now, only to find I can't even log on, because my password has a G in it :mrgreen:
Sounds like louds of fun :lol: :-bd
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

No brake bits so the day remained quite cheery ... the only slight hick-up was welding in shorts but it's a unique look.
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Ah yes, weld spatter burns on the lower legs always a good thing to impress the ladies....
Go for the full monty and wear sandals too - My Mum could not understand how I'd got burn marks on my feet!
Boab

Post by Boab »

Currently making a Panettone. 👍
There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

Boab wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:37 pm Currently making a Panettone. 👍
:-bd wow
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

Verena wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:14 pm Certainly amusing,.and the reason why I'm whiling away a bit of time on here right now...
Been stressing at and about work, and was preparing to put in a few more hours into the evening and tomorrow morning...
Then I spilt some hot chocolate over the laptop, and for the last couple of hours this afternoon tried to do my job without using the letters G or H, whilst not sounding very abrupt, rude, or like an imbecile :lol:
Hermione looks like a poodle? bless.
with the laptop disconnected & battery out.. run round with a cotton wipe in hot water.. Do the keys move? if not remove the key cap care full then clean underneath.
its a bit late to try and flush the chocolate out with clean hot water*. accidents happen. not much help... :wink:

* if you flush with water let it dry on a radiator for at least 12 hrs...
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

ledburner wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 12:06 am
Verena wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:14 pm Certainly amusing,.and the reason why I'm whiling away a bit of time on here right now...
with the laptop disconnected & battery out.. run round with a cotton wipe in hot water.. Do the keys move? if not remove the key cap care full then clean underneath.
its a bit late to try and flush the chocolate out with clean hot water*. accidents happen. not much help... :wink:

do you have a USB keyboard you can try instead :geek: :ugeek: :d ?
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

Isn’t that a type of colour chart ?
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
Boab

Post by Boab »

BigdummySteve wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:05 am
Isn’t that a type of colour chart ?
021 all the way through.
Verena

Post by Verena »

ledburner wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 12:10 am

Thanks for the tips ... One for the IT guys on Monday I think...
Boab

Post by Boab »

Panattone was a success!
macinblack

Post by macinblack »

Not Friday and not particularly cheery but bear with me.

Visiting my Uncle out in the rurals, we were driving down the very narrow single track lane to his cottage when I see a cat in the distance. I slow down as I approach but there are loads of country cats around there and they usually pop into a field in plenty of time. This one just made its way down the lane slowly, as we neared we could see that it was pulling itself along just by its front legs and just dragging its rear behind. We got out and I managed to coax it out of the hedge it had gone into. It was making that sound cats make when they are really upset but it didn't seem to be in any pain, which was more of a worry to be honest. Mindful of cats reaction's to the inside of cars, Mrs Mac carried it the rest of the way to the Uncle's.

When we got there, he thought he knew who it belonged to, so I drove arond to their address to give them the good news - We've found your cat and the bad news - Its back is broken. Spoke with them - We haven't got a cat, but it sounds like so and so's across the road, we'll let them know. So I go back and the poor thing has settled and is actually purring as my Uncle strokes it but is still in a right sorry state and still paralysed along its back end, along with suffering from numerous scrapes.It was obvious it had been run over. Anyway, the potential owners arrive about an hour later - Not their cat.

My Uncle's neighbour arrives home - Do you know the cat? Yes but not who owns it. A bit of ringing around ensues and the owners come and confirm it is their cat and hot foot it to the vets with everyone looking at each other with that knowing expression of the futility of doing so.

Anyway just had an update - Bad news, the poor thing wasn't run over, it was shot - B@st@rds - Good news, the paralysis is caused by a pellet pinching the spinal cord and they are very hopeful that an operation to remove it will result in a very positive outcome.

I bloomin' hope so.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I've never understood the desire to shoot things other than people. Hopefully the cat will make a full recovery.