Yay, it's cheery Friday.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Dave Barter

Re: Yay, it's cheery Friday.

Post by Dave Barter »

I put in a stupid ebay bid on a bit of retro computing hardware last night. Happy Friday as I was outbid today :-bd
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
RIP

Post by RIP »

ledburner wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:51 pm
I still believe you are, almost completely human!.
That's the nicest thing anyone's said to me all week :smile: .

(Great film [original] Westworld of course)
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

RIP wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:14 pm CF indeed. So I've just had my nanotrackerbot installed and am fully plugged into The Matrix as a result. If you believe the conspiracies I'm now a genetically modified organism (*) as well so presumably won't be allowed into Waitrose any longer. Oh the shame. The best bit was rolling up on the Brommie and causing all sorts of confusion about whether she is a bike or not.

(*) this is complete bollox obviously
Bill Gates is going to have his work cut out controlling this one :shock: He doesn't know what he's let himself in for :lol:
RIP

Post by RIP »

:lol: Hah! I'll give him a run for his [enormous fortune of] money :grin:

Had the AZ version. The Moderna/Pfizer versions use an mRNA platform but AZ is chimpanzee adenovirus vectored. I always thought I had a chi[m]p on my shoulder and now it's guaranteed!
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

frogatthefarriers

Post by frogatthefarriers »

RIP wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:06 pm :lol: Hah! I'll give him a run for his [enormous fortune of] money :grin:

Had the AZ version. The Moderna/Pfizer versions use an mRNA platform but AZ is chimpanzee adenovirus vectored. I always thought I had a chi[m]p on my shoulder and now it's guaranteed!
While you're at it, you'd better get a tin-foil cap. 'S not all bad though - at least you won't be able to father any (more) children.
:roll: :wink:
Konia kują, żaba noge podstawia...
Raggedstone

Post by Raggedstone »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:17 pm Following last Friday's candy black panel, I thought I'd do another but this time a metallic black base with some silver flake ont' top ... hello 1974 :wink:
Here's my tuppence worth I like the black and have always thought pearlescent green works well with it maybe in place of the silver stripe , you definitely need some of the sixties/seventies vibe though man
Verena

Post by Verena »

RIP wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:13 pm Tent.

As it happens, one of my favourite Bonzo Dog tracks. Here's the lyrics for you to sing yourself to sleep:

I'm gonna get you in my tent, tent, tent tent, tent
Where we can both experiment, ment, ment, ment, ment
Yeah, yeah, it's so convenient, ent, ent, ent
Let's take a taxi to my tent
Oh yeah, my love is so insatiable
In a stoic sort of way
But my baby is as beautiful
As a tourniquet
I'm gonna, I'm gonna, I'm gonna, I'm gonna, I'm gonna, I'm gonna
I'm gonna get you in my tent, tent, tent tent, tent
Whoa, whoa, it's only common sense, sense, sense
I know that you won't mind the stench, stench, stench
Of the sacrament
Go on, let this love destroy her
I can't control this paranoia
I have to get a showbiz lawyer
To stop me
Spill, smash, smash, spill, spill, drug, wipe, wipe, trap, scream, tear, spit,…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOE5nLGkHJE
O what a shame, I neglected to check back in here so I missed this...such very lovely lyrics too they would have been to nod off too :lol:

And I ended up with hammock, couldn't be arsed to put up the tent...
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I like the black and have always thought pearlescent green works well with it maybe in place of the silver stripe , you definitely need some of the sixties/seventies vibe though man
The candy black Kevin? I suppose what I'm trying to do (at least in my head) is tie it all in with having a black frame. I wouldn't usually bother too much but in this case and especially with a gooseneck, there's lots of frame on show. #Daddy'O
May the bridges you burn light your way
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Apologies for jumping the gun but I've just pulled the top end off project death Traps motor and discovered that it has a pair of very new looking +20 pistons in there and a fresh bore. That's just saved me £200 :-bd
RIP

Post by RIP »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:53 pm That's just saved me £200 :-bd
Pleasant surprise. So you can spend that on something else now that you've already allocated it.

Don't tell us, she already has :wink: .

(got to fix the shed roof this afternoon. Blew off in last night's breeze).

Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

So you can spend that on something else now that you've already allocated it.
I can indeed Reg. Not sure what yet though. I dropped my wheels off for rebuilding on Tuesday, so that'll account for most of my stash once they're done as they'll be around £500 as I asked for stainless rims :roll:
last night's breeze
It was wasn't it. I found a plastic bucket in the yard this morning.
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:12 pm I dropped my wheels off for rebuilding on Tuesday, so that'll account for most of my stash once they're done as they'll be around £500 as I asked for stainless rims :roll:
Assuming they don't reuse the spokes? and reading that you have asked for stainless rims (so don't already have them) have you therefore actually dropped your hubs off (with some scrap attached) for building into new wheels :wink:
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
RIP

Post by RIP »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:12 pm
last night's breeze
It was wasn't it. I found a plastic bucket in the yard this morning.
Blimey! You need to get yourself on telly pronto and be famous - that'll be one of them there space bucket things!! Sometimes something will break off from an asteroid in the Haberdashery Belt and crash to earth onto people's yards or driveways. I woke up the other day and there was a brand new brush on the doorstep! Mrs P put me straight to work with it, banishing any notions of fame or fortune.

sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

RIP wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:34 pm there was a brand new brush on the doorstep!
I read that as a brand new BUSH and so was expecting a much more risque punchline :lol:

Which reminds me that when I was about 15 my mate moved house, out in the sticks, and talking to the old boy down the road (who was probably 80) he somehow got round to to tell us he was a retired merkin maker, pre-internet we had to ask around to find out what that was :lol:
RIP

Post by RIP »

sean_iow wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:44 pm
RIP wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:34 pm there was a brand new brush on the doorstep!
a brand new BUSH
Are they still manufactured? :wink: My nan had one - it was brilliant because as well as 33rpm and 45rpm settings it had 78rpm too. But never mind that - it had a 16rpm setting! Does ANYBODY have a 16rpm record? Goodness knows what they sound like.
Which reminds me that when I was about 15 my mate moved house, out in the sticks, and talking to the old boy down the road (who was probably 80) he somehow got round to to tell us he was a retired merkin maker, pre-internet we had to ask around to find out what that was :lol:
Probably a bit like a jerkin. Probably.

Question: when was the last time anybody posted in Cheery Friday on a Friday?. Oh it was me, last Friday. Well apart from that then.

RIP

Post by RIP »

Since it's Friday, this cheered me up: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland- ... s-56359621.

Any of you Scottish wildswimmers bumped/swum into her on your outings?

Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

have you therefore actually dropped your hubs off (with some scrap attached) for building into new wheels :wink:
Pretty much. He (wheel builder) seemed bemused or maybe confused when he asked what they were off. "front's a Yam IT 175 or maybe a DT 250, rear's off a Suzuki DR and they're going on a '59 AJS 500, well, that's what it says on the log book" :wink:
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

RIP wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:08 pm Since it's Friday, this cheered me up: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland- ... s-56359621.

Any of you Scottish wildswimmers bumped/swum into her on your outings?
I like the bit about fishing boat crews stopping and staring... I'll bet they did!
Cue mariner / long time at sea / seal jokes.....
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I'm hoping for some clarity from the Welsh Assembly today over restrictions and the possible easing. It'd be nice to have some direction to aim for rather than the continual drifting we've had since before Christmas. At present we're still on a 'stay at home', so something as simple as 'stay local' would at least free people up a little bit ... we'll see.
RIP

Post by RIP »

Rumours of '5 mile radius'?

Although I don't think that's going to make the slightest difference to bringing any more facilities within range of your good self than you don't already have :wink: . A quick visit to Llan church maybe, to absolve any recent sins? :smile: .

Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Although I don't think that's going to make the slightest difference to bringing any more facilities within range of your good self than you don't already have
I reckon it might just get me as far as Hafren. :-bd
summittoppler

Post by summittoppler »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:34 am ..... At present we're still on a 'stay at home', so something as simple as 'stay local' would at least free people up a little bit ... we'll see.
I'm looking forward to putting the bike in the car and having a leisurely ride somewhere without the dread of the old bill pulling me over :-bd
BAM: 2014, 2018 & ......
2024 Bikepacking nights: 3

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/summittoppler/

YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/user/jefbricks/videos
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

Just been to my Mum's to drop off the local paper and got some free potatoes as she has too many, which is cheery.

Also, on Monday on my run I passed my old chemistry teacher, I recognised him and said hello but he didn't remember me...whilst at my Mum's she gave me the photo below, she's been having a tidy up

I think I would have been 17 so when I was taking A Level chemistry, I don't think I've changed at all so don't know why he didn't remember me? :lol: Obviously I didn't take my tame jackdoor to school, it used to come out of the tree when called, if I did perhaps I'd be more numerable :smile:
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Least you'd have had clean ears :wink:
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

Kes meets Absolute Beginners :lol: