Yay, it's cheery Friday.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearbonesnorm

Re: Yay, it's cheery Friday.

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

That's Hannah - author of the Pennine BW guide.
May the bridges you burn light your way
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Cheers. :-bd
Verena

Post by Verena »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:45 pm That's Hannah - author of the Pennine BW guide.
Cool jersey
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

Verena wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:10 pm
Bearbonesnorm wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:45 pm That's Hannah - author of the Pennine BW guide.
Cool jersey
I hope the book is as good, just ordered 9ne last week.
I hope you think you know, what I might of exactly meant.
Warning - may contain value odded typos & ither mythspellings..
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

My youngest was extraordinarily cheerful when he woke me up at 3 this morning. Yay, Friday.
MuddyPete

Post by MuddyPete »

After working unreasonably late yesterday I finished early today and went for a proper haircut :-bd .

Slightly scary, but most agreeable. :-SS :lol:

Little victories :wink: .
May you always have tail wind.
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Explored my newly allowed freedoms by going for a razz around on the new (old) motorbike. Vroom!
Now drinking beer and listening to Whitesnake :-bd
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

Helen and I went to the pub at the end of our road. It was a weird reunion of us drinky types celebrating the fact we could sit outside freezing but actually talk to each other. Our town is rammed with tourists and somehow I don’t mind as we all need to start being people again
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

A cheery Friday yesterday on several counts:
I unexpectedly got a last-minute Covid jab that was going spare Thursday evening. Thus far, no side effects, so still managed a busy day of stuff, culminating in...

Went to a pub. An actual pub. With real people. And beer. From casks! One of my favourite pubs actually, and some of my favourite people :-bd

I've probably mentioned this before, though I try not to go on about it for fear of it looking like self-promotion on my part, but I've spent quite a lot of time this year (probably a day a week on average) helping for out a new café space for a charity who are fighting waste in our broken food system by turning surplus food into proper meals (really tasty ones, we have two proper chefs now). Anyway, it opened this week (outside service only, obviously, which is a bloody good job because I'm not sure we'd have got the inside finished as well :lol: ), actually Thursday, and it's made me very cheery. Even though my part's been pretty minor, it still feels a bit like watching one of your children go off to uni or something (I imagine). So you can see what I'm on about:
http://www.themagichatcafe.co.uk/
https://instagram.com/themagichatcafe?i ... 83qjememt5
https://m.facebook.com/themagichatcafe/ ... rce=result
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

New bike day here for the offspring. I reckon it's big enough to start strapping bags to...
Verena

Post by Verena »

Yay, it's Cheery Friday.
And it's STILL sunny :-bd !
jay91

Post by jay91 »

Day off work and going for a ride with brother in law for his birthday :smile:
Trying to ride bikes.
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

Verena wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:32 am Yay, it's Cheery Friday.
And it's STILL sunny :-bd !
Aye, cheery 4am start :YMPARTY:
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
ton

Post by ton »

every day is like cheery friday now i have retired.

whoop whoop long live cheery days............. :-bd
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

It’s a sad cheery Friday for me as we complete on the sale of Mums house. Very sad to say goodbye to my parents and their little house but on the plus side I can spend some of the inheritance on all the things my Dad wouldn’t buy me as a kid...like Flight Deck.
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Dave Barter wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:28 am It’s a sad cheery Friday for me as we complete on the sale of Mums house. Very sad to say goodbye to my parents and their little house but on the plus side I can spend some of the inheritance on all the things my Dad wouldn’t buy me as a kid...like Flight Deck.
Been there and done that Dave, it's a funny old bitter-sweet feeling.

But most importantly, did you sell the bike?

😆
faustus

Post by faustus »

My eldest son (3) came down stairs wearing a very cuddly tiger onesie, and he's being pretty sweet this morning too. So that's set me up nicely for the day :cool:
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

I didn't actually eat these this morning but thought I'd save the picture for Friday

Quite expensive for what they are (and you'd want 3 boxes if on a ride) but very nice, and who can resist a panda :-bd
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

Cheeky Monkey wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:08 am
Dave Barter wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:28 am It’s a sad cheery Friday for me as we complete on the sale of Mums house. Very sad to say goodbye to my parents and their little house but on the plus side I can spend some of the inheritance on all the things my Dad wouldn’t buy me as a kid...like Flight Deck.
Been there and done that Dave, it's a funny old bitter-sweet feeling.

But most importantly, did you sell the bike?

😆
No that fell through. I am going to clean it all up and re-market it but the price will now not be quite so bargintastic
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

Early surf this morning with a mate, then sat in the sun with a coffee and bacon and black pudding sandwich after warming up.

Finally finished the oak toy box I've been making for my niece - will post some photos in the lockdown projects thread soon.

Now sat in the garden making coffee on my little Ti twig stove what I bought from Joe's shop, which has become an entirely unnecessary, but pleasurable, part of my routine most days. The moka pot only gets occasional use normally, but its ideal for this. It's a fickle beast - often you get pretty mediocre coffee, occasionally undrinkable, but occasionally sublime. The twig stove seems to get it up to pressure much quicker than my gas hob, which I'm sure tips the balance in the right direction. Or maybe coffee made over a little wood fire just tastes better.

(the picture's wonky, not the pot)

This run of weather is unbelievable.

Also had some good news last weekend which will hopefully make for a very cheery two Fridays hence. Will keep that one under wraps for now (don't get excited. It's not even about bikes).
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

You're going to get a bollocking for getting smoke all over the washing ... ask me how I know :wink:
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

:lol:

It's ok, it's only my wetsuit.

Next door have theirs out but I reckon it should be fine for the 5 minutes it takes to make a coffee.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Long story - I made a bow as a gift for someone but he then had a number of very serious health issues, meaning that he never even saw the finished article and the chances of him ever doing so were somewhat slim. However, tomorrow, he not only gets to see it but also shoot it :-bd

benp1

Post by benp1 »

Cheery Friday for me. Partly because it's Friday and that means it's always cheery

Plus heading out for a bivi tonight. Taking my kit with me to the group ride, doing that, pint in the pub, then out for a bivi after that. Can't wait :-bd
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:29 pm Long story - I made a bow as a gift for someone but he then had a number of very serious health issues, meaning that he never even saw the finished article and the chances of him ever doing so were somewhat slim. However, tomorrow, he not only gets to see it but also shoot it :-bd

Lovely story, I hope your friend enjoys it, I’ve long had a fascination with the bow. Despite many years involved in outdoors ‘sport’ I’ve never shot a proper bow. I imagine it’s something primeval, like some long lost skill which when rediscovered feels, somehow part of our natural being.
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark