Dave Barter

Re: Yay, it's cheery Friday.

Post by Dave Barter »

Same in the Barter household we have a takeaway mushroom wellington
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:11 pm Just shove a Mikuni on it Phil. It saves all that faffing and leaking petrol :wink:
Heresy!!
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

ledburner wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:29 pm I've had a mail with ' turkey neck solutuon'
not much meat there!
email from trumptopia, gun tittin' mid south.
*tittin=Tottin lol
I hope you think you know, what I might of exactly meant.
Warning - may contain value odded typos & ither mythspellings..
summittoppler

Post by summittoppler »

Cheery Friday cos I've packed my kit into bags on my bike so I'm ready for tomorrow :)
O I've missed that faff...
BAM: 2014, 2018 & ......
2024 Bikepacking nights: 3

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/summittoppler/

YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/user/jefbricks/videos
frogatthefarriers

Post by frogatthefarriers »

Cheery for me 'coz I got a call today from my boss telling me I can go back to work. They told me to stay away just after Christmas to protect me from COVID and I’ve been hanging around at home on full pay since then. Yay! I’m a breadwinner again :-bd
Konia kują, żaba noge podstawia...
RIP

Post by RIP »

Can we have some new flavours now you're back please Frog? Bored with all the usual ones. Some time ago somebody did a 'Special Edition' choc and vanilla flavoured one which was superb.

Anyway, belated CF here - nipped out on the Brom just now to buy a bog seat for the Hippopotamus. Brought it home in the S bag. As I was extracting it, my (fairly) long-lost BBB 18g meths Hyperstove fell out of the bag! Overjoyed or what. Anybody else still got one? Bit of a collector's item I reckon - can you remember how many you made Stu?
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
RIP

Post by RIP »

So what was that enormous bang heard down your way today Mr Barter that I've just read about? Creatively rude answers only please :grin:
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

RIP wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:27 pm So what was that enormous bang heard down your way today Mr Barter that I've just read about? Creatively rude answers only please :grin:
The after effects of Fridays mushroom wellington
frogatthefarriers

Post by frogatthefarriers »

RIP wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:06 pm Can we have some new flavours now you're back please Frog? Bored with all the usual ones. Some time ago somebody did a 'Special Edition' choc and vanilla flavoured one which was superb.

I’ll see what I can do for you, Reg, though at my level of status/influence I wouldn’t expect any more than more, or less burnt, whatever flavour.
Konia kują, żaba noge podstawia...
RIP

Post by RIP »

Dave Barter wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:34 pm
RIP wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:27 pm So what was that enormous bang heard down your way today Mr Barter that I've just read about? Creatively rude answers only please :grin:
The after effects of Fridays mushroom wellington
:lol:

RIP

Post by RIP »

frogatthefarriers wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:44 pm
RIP wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:06 pm Can we have some new flavours now you're back please Frog? Bored with all the usual ones. Some time ago somebody did a 'Special Edition' choc and vanilla flavoured one which was superb.

I’ll see what I can do for you, Reg, though at my level of status/influence I wouldn’t expect any more than more, or less burnt, whatever flavour.
Also :grin: . Anyway, I'll bet it's nice to be back. It's going to be interesting to see how long widespread WFH will continue. I'm not convinced, although there will obviously be some shift.

RIP

Post by RIP »

(4 hours early as usual.....)

As we know we never get threads or posts on Here about tea drinking despite it obviously being the only fit and proper drink for a bikepacker (beer is taken as read of course). Threads are always about that ridiculous gravelly sludge apparently called 'coughee' or some such; somebody saw you coming when it comes to that stuff :wink: :grin: .

I always look up to Stu when it comes to tea ceremonies (mainly his 'shove it in a rude mug and bung hot water on it' technique to be fair) but I'm beginning to think he's met his match. I shall be following all these rules in future on all my BP outings:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/f ... ea.html (no of course I don't read that ludicrous rant-rag)
Last edited by RIP on Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Verena

Post by Verena »

National tea day on 21st April? Surely that calls for a celebration of sorts?

If not the napkin, then what exactly are you supposed to wipe your lips with? Your sleeve??

I'm with her on the cream first then jam.

But what do I know, I'm of poor breeding, I always clank my spoon....

Thanks for this, nice silly start to cheery Friday.
RIP

Post by RIP »

I must admit I didn't know if she was a spoof or not to start with, then I saw it was in the Daily Hatemail. At that point I realised it must be true. Like all their other 'articles'.

ledburner

Post by ledburner »

RIP wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:23 pm I must admit I didn't know if she was a spoof or not to start with, then I saw it was in the Daily Hatemail. At that point I realised it must be true. Like all their other 'articles'.
Victoria high tea,, so the latest social etiquette advice is 120 years out of date.
So typical of the Daily Wail.
I hope you think you know, what I might of exactly meant.
Warning - may contain value odded typos & ither mythspellings..
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

On the subject of tea, the boss bought some 'tea and biscuits' tea bags, I wasn't keen as it sounds horrible. I reluctantly tried one, tastes just like a cup of tea does when you've been dunkung malted milk and half of one falls into your tea, actually rather nice :-bd
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Bollox, I was just stood in the shower wondering whether to post something here and decided, no I'll actually wait until Friday. I come downstairs after removing a mini Yorkshire Terrier* from the startled face of a Deerhound only to find Reg has nipped in :roll:

Anyway, obviously doesn't matter now, so I'm quite cheery because today was the first day in 5 weeks I've been able to walk further than half a mile without resorting to a limp or believing that someone was sticking very long and hot needles into my foot ... must be getting better :-bd

*Tiny but the heart of a very ferocious lion.
May the bridges you burn light your way
RIP

Post by RIP »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:48 pm must be getting better :-bd
:-bd

RIP

Post by RIP »

sean_iow wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:43 pm when you've been dunkung malted milk and half of one falls into your tea
Rookie mistake. Plainly Sean you're a rank amateur when it comes to the dark art of dunking :smile: .

Actually, a 'T and bikkies' teabag is perfect for bikepackers - textbook example of doubling-up a piece of kit :-bd .

PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

That reminds me, use Russian caravan tea bags so that you don’t need to use two bags to get a strong cuppa.
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

I like to push the limits of how long I can leave the biscuit in before it gets too soggy and falls apart. A bit like riding bikes, if you never crash you're not trying hard enough :lol:

They also make toast and jam teabags :???:
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
Alpinum

Post by Alpinum »

Verena wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:18 pm If not the napkin, then what exactly are you supposed to wipe your lips with? Your sleeve??
Multi use. When the sleeve also is a napkin.
TLS after all.
Alpinum

Post by Alpinum »

And then... when your tea bag become a water filter (before the water treatment drops).
Drinking tea is a prime example for multi use.
Verena

Post by Verena »

sean_iow wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:36 pm I like to push the limits of how long I can leave the biscuit in before it gets too soggy and falls apart. A bit like riding bikes, if you never crash you're not trying hard enough :lol:
Me too. Living life on the edge :lol:
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

What is all this talk of tea bags? I was brought up with leaves and a strainer. How can tea taste right when filtered through a hole filled plastic bag? I despair in you lot you probably think it comes from Yorkshire