Yay, it's cheery Friday.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

RIP

Re: Yay, it's cheery Friday.

Post by RIP »

Just youtube hopping....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8BPP4ASQWo

"gentlemen - TO BED! FOR WE RISE AT DAYBREAK!!.... why's it always daybreak?... why not 9.30?... ish..... what time's the battle?.... gentlemen - TO BED! For we leave at 9.30. On the dot, on the DOT.....". Cracking.

Sounds like me trying to get out of bed on a BaM.....
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

RIP wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:37 pm Just youtube hopping....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8BPP4ASQWo

"gentlemen - TO BED! FOR WE RISE AT DAYBREAK!!.... why's it always daybreak?... why not 9.30?... ish..... what time's the battle?.... gentlemen - TO BED! For we leave at 9.30. On the dot, on the DOT.....". Cracking.

Sounds like me trying to get out of bed on a BaM.....
:lol:

Reminds of the bit in the film Flushed Away (which apparently is for children :roll: ) where one of the French characters, creatively named Le Frog announces: "We leave immediately!" to which someone replies "But what about lunch?"... "We leave in... 5 hours"

In case anyone was on tenterhooks, my Friday turned out rather cheery all round in the end. The rain did indeed stop and the weather abruptly changed (as in, you could see the straight edge of the cloud roll away, leaving a completely blue sky in its wake for most of the rest of the day), just as we left the house. I took a punt on a coconut and blackcurrant croissant, which was much better than it sounds. The only pies left by the time we got there were saag aloo - wouldn't have been my first choice but hey. As a bonus picked up a few good beers and a fresh samosa and onion bhaji from the corner shop, and had the latter with a nice Sri Lankan dhal for tea.
RIP

Post by RIP »

thenorthwind wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:06 pm
:lol:

Reminds of the bit in the film Flushed Away (which apparently is for children :roll: ) where one of the French characters, creatively named Le Frog announces: "We leave immediately!" to which someone replies "But what about lunch?"... "We leave in... 5 hours"

In case anyone was on tenterhooks, my Friday turned out rather cheery all round in the end. The rain did indeed stop and the weather abruptly changed (as in, you could see the straight edge of the cloud roll away, leaving a completely blue sky in its wake for most of the rest of the day), just as we left the house. I took a punt on a coconut and blackcurrant croissant, which was much better than it sounds. The only pies left by the time we got there were saag aloo - wouldn't have been my first choice but hey. As a bonus picked up a few good beers and a fresh samosa and onion bhaji from the corner shop, and had the latter with a nice Sri Lankan dhal for tea.
coconut and blackcurrant? Hmm! :wink: The dahl sounds nice though.

I wonder if Coogan plagiarised from Flushed Away or vice versa?

Final youtube was National Theatre Of Brent's 'Revolution!!'. Utterly brilliant. Patrick Barlow, and Jim Broadbent (as 'Marie Antoinette'). Jim really is superb - one of my favourites is him as Shouting George in Comic Strip's 'The Bullshitters': "I'm a ten-guv-a-day man, GUV!!", "SHUT IT!!!!"
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I'm visiting this pair tomorrow - that makes me cheery. They're much bigger in real life.

May the bridges you burn light your way
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

Is it just me Stu (and I mean no offence) but do they look like sloths?? What dogs are they, look really friendly (hope they don't lile your face off) :-bd
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

They're Deerhounds Shaf - Finley and Ettife. Very friendly creatures they are and yes, they do sleep a lot. :wink:
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:37 am I'm visiting this pair tomorrow - that makes me cheery. They're much bigger in real life.

Dogs :-bd

What's the difference between them and an irish wolfhound then?
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Quite different when you study them properly Tim. Wolfhound is generally bigger with a different (flatter) face. Wolfhounds also tend to be shorter lived.

Deerhounds natural enviroment is the mountains,* so they're well suited to life here.

*and the settee.
Verena

Post by Verena »

Enjoy Stu, they look great. Are they the future puppy parents?
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:18 pm
Quite different when you study them properly Tim. Wolfhound is generally bigger with a different (flatter) face. Wolfhounds also tend to be shorter lived.

Deerhounds natural enviroment is the mountains,* so they're well suited to life here.

*and the settee.
They're not breeds I know well or come across often so interesting to know, thanks :cool:
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Wolfhound left and Deerhound on the right Tim.

Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Handsome :-bd
mark

Post by mark »

An unexpected surprise having been sent to investigate the noise at the back door, I found this..
IMG_0001.JPG
(73.21 KiB) Downloaded 386 times
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Fabulous!
That would make me very cheery. Instead I'm fairly cheery as I've made to another friday with most of my marbles in tact (I think??). Curry and beer await.
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

Beer bought

Curry ordered

Ride (just) completed (mud fest)

Film ordered from Kendal Film Fest

Showered

And now it’s time to sit, drink beer, watch film and wait for the curry :-bd
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

They're Deerhounds Shaf - Finley and Ettife. Very friendly creatures they are and yes, they do sleep a lot. :wink:
Thanks Stu... one of these might be a 'phone a friend, million quid Q' one day. Wouldn't want that friend to be me and me not knowing. Must commit it to memory :grin:
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

Curry has been eaten.
2 beer orders have been delivered.
I went for a run today, and my legs haven't tried to kill me in retaliation.

Also, I saw this tweet, which is nothing to do with angry motorists, politics, or the global pandemic.
https://twitter.com/freak1ngawesome/sta ... 7631224833
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

Got another job offered today, but I'm happy working where I am now.

I said can I give it a month (to by me some time and ensure my feet get under the table), he replied back saying

"surprised at passing up an opportunity to join the UK's leading crane company, from an aspirational perspective, with scope to progress. Nevermind,"

I think I'll show it to my boss and ask for a pay rise :lol:
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

Landslide wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:11 pm I went for a run today, and my legs haven't tried to kill me in retaliation.
I’m up to 10k now and really enjoying my running. But must stop heading out at school run time.
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Hey, you remember what you said about the grass being greener just the other week.
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:32 pm Hey, you remember what you said about the grass being greener just the other week.
I know and the wife would kill me if I moved again :roll:
RIP

Post by RIP »

Ever had any of those naughty urbexers up your cranes JC? Some incredible photos out there. Must have balls (*) of titanium never mind steel.

(*) other reproductive organs are available

JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

RIP wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:02 pm Ever had any of those naughty urbexers up your cranes JC? Some incredible photos out there. Must have balls (*) of titanium never mind steel.

Mobile tower crane drivers who are 50 to 60m up in the air 10 hours a day get paid around 60k to be up there, but it helps to have no brains too as it's mind numbingly boring most of the day
RIP

Post by RIP »

JohnClimber wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:30 pm
RIP wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:02 pm Ever had any of those naughty urbexers up your cranes JC? Some incredible photos out there. Must have balls (*) of titanium never mind steel.

Mobile tower crane drivers who are 50 to 60m up in the air 10 hours a day get paid around 60k to be up there, but it helps to have no brains too as it's mind numbingly boring most of the day

Reckon 60k could buy a fair whack of boredom :smile: . Take a book? I could be tempted if they're a bit short of applicants, send the form over :smile: .

thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

Enjoy your day with the hounds Stu :-bd

Ours has had such a rollercoaster day...
Ran with her spaniel friend in the park: :grin:
My girlfriend hoovered the house: :cry: (fireworks - barely notices them. Hoover - hides as soon as you go near it)
I came home with out of date ox tongue: :grin:

I sometimes volunteer with an anti-food waste charity on a Friday, sorting through out of/short date food that supermarkets, etc. are getting rid of for distribution to people who need it via various local community groups, and a "hamper" service we do to raise funds. It's pretty shocking seeing the amount of food that's thrown away, but it's often a cheery Friday too because I'll come home with bits and pieces that even we can't do anything with. Today's catch included a piece of rib eye steak and a piece of beef flank. I've also spent the evening poaching fish in buttermilk and baking some Charlie Bigham steak and ale "pies" (pretty sure they're a pastry lidded casserole :roll: ). A batch of lime pickle at some point this weekend I think - nearly finished the stuff I made in the summer and it was excellent, if I do say so myself :cool: