Yay, it's cheery Friday.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

RIP

Re: Yay, it's cheery Friday.

Post by RIP »

"didn't appear to be raining" - exactly what Mrs Perrin commented :grin:. She has terrible memories of a week of solid rain in a cottage above Arthog one year. Needless to say I loved every sodding (and sodden) minute :-bd .
Last edited by RIP on Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Fine days hill walking with work colleagues, now relaxing with a beer or three.
RIP

Post by RIP »

Right, beddybyes for Reggie. But to complete a cheery Friday, first a few minutes reading a bit more of "Free Country" by George Mahood http://www.georgemahood.com/books/free- ... f-britain/, a bible for this bikepacker. "The plan is simple. George and Ben have three weeks to cycle 1000 miles from the bottom of England to the top of Scotland. There is just one small problem… they have no bikes, no clothes, no food and no money. Setting off in just a pair of Union Jack boxer shorts, they attempt to rely on the generosity of the British public for everything from food to accommodation, clothes to shoes, and bikes to beer.".

Ask Santa for a copy.
Last edited by RIP on Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

Laurensdad

Post by Laurensdad »

It was a fab autumnal day for 28 miles of New Forest gravel and compensated for 'made redundant Thursday'. :cool: :cool:
@philg1971 Instagram
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

RIP wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:04 pm "Scenic Railway Journeys of the World - Cambrian Coast"
Just watched this on catch up (Channel 5 for anyone else who's interested). Lovely.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Cheery Friday seems somewhat quiet of late so I'd like to say that finishing this off this morning, makes me cheery ... as does contemplating who I should give it to.

May the bridges you burn light your way
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

Nice :-bd

Just getting over my first cold in six years! I haven't been out of the house for two days and it felt like I spent most of those asleep :shock:
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
RIP

Post by RIP »

"who to give it to" - as mentioned elsewhere, finished just in time for YOU to use it during the border skirmishes on 14th Dec :wink: .

Neither cheery nor uncheery today. Think I'll nip over to my paintshop mate for some sandpaper and lacquer (sadly not for making a bow with!)

In Reverse

Post by In Reverse »

RIP wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:49 pm Right, beddybyes for Reggie. But to complete a cheery Friday, first a few minutes reading a bit more of "Free Country" by George Mahood http://www.georgemahood.com/books/free- ... f-britain/, a bible for this bikepacker. "The plan is simple. George and Ben have three weeks to cycle 1000 miles from the bottom of England to the top of Scotland. There is just one small problem… they have no bikes, no clothes, no food and no money. Setting off in just a pair of Union Jack boxer shorts, they attempt to rely on the generosity of the British public for everything from food to accommodation, clothes to shoes, and bikes to beer.".

Ask Santa for a copy.
Cheers for that Reg. A copy has just slipped into my Kindle library and I'll be digging in as soon as I've finished this wonderful collection by Raymond Carver. His detailed but pointless prose makes me very cheery. :grin:

On the cycling front I'm hoping for some deep frost later to crust up Winter Hill. The prospect of crunching my way over some frozen bogs tonight also makes me very cheery. :grin:

Have a lovely Friday Boners. :-bd
Last edited by In Reverse on Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

"who to give it to" - as mentioned elsewhere, finished just in time for YOU to use it during the border skirmishes on 14th Dec :wink: .
Don't you worry I've plenty more including this rather characterful one from earlier in the week ... bent and twisted, should fit in nicely. :wink:

FLV

Post by FLV »

Blue sky, about to pop out for an hours ride to the cafe for some lunch, makes me quite cheery. :-bd
RIP

Post by RIP »

"detailed but pointless prose" - sums up most [of my] posts on this forum :wink: :-bd .

fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:03 pm Don't you worry I've plenty more including this rather characterful one from earlier in the week ... bent and twisted, should fit in nicely. :wink:

I take it these are used to encourage participants around the BB200?
First proper night ride for ages (well last february) and was quite chilly but not as cold as expected so still a fair bit of gloop around which had frozen solid on the bike by the time I got home.
Sunset over Loch Leven, Ochills in the background
RIP

Post by RIP »

I can feel some gigpacking coming up.

Tickets arrived yesterday for the Toy Dolls in Camden next April, the Rezillos in Northampton already sorted for February, and today (CF) discovered that The Undertones are also at Northampton in May so have booked those immediately too! Finally also found out today that the last-ever (they say) Bonzo Dogs extravaganza is in May next year so gotta sort that as well.

Just need an unobtrusive bivvy spot in Camden now...hmm... :wink: .

Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

I made a knife and spork.

Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

I'm having fried Spam roll for lunch
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I'm having fried Spam roll for lunch
I know and I'm proper made up - enjoy.
gordonbennett

Post by gordonbennett »

Free leftover sausage rolls and pizza at work. I’ve eaten so many I’m going to have to go the long way home to work it off… double win!
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

I made a vertice insertion algorithm that actually works.

Carry on as you were.
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
RIP

Post by RIP »

& for your next trick later this evening you'll have solved the travelling salesman problem :-bd

BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

Dave Barter wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:28 pm I made a vertice insertion algorithm that actually works.

Carry on as you were.
Nice one!

I think, for all I know it could be the first step if an evil plan for world domination (que evil villain laugh)
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

In my own edition of cheery Friday, after finding most of my drivetrain bearings shot I then discovered that my race face carbon cranks were fubar’d and out of warranty.

Why cheery? They are still giving me a new pair :-bd
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
RIP

Post by RIP »

Lucky chap! Just back from one of my frequent days at the aged & crumbling parents which usually gets me down a bit.

Have cheered up now, by playing the 12-second twiddly guitar break in the middle of the Dolls' "Carol Dodds Is Pregnant" about twenty times in a row non-stop. It's brilliant. Bit like something the great Joe Meek would've cooked up if he'd still been around. Funny how just a few specific bars of certain music can do that, making your hair stand on end (well it would if I had any, maybe my beard stands on end instead) and zapping your happy bones. Take it away Carol..... And come on, how mental is this eh: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SirbVeBli1g. That'll be me down the front there on 18th April.

Oh, cheerily I've just remembered I'm going to book Blyth Power at Hitchin on 7th March, supported by psycho-punk The Astronauts and indipoppers The Metatrons. Another gigpacking opportunity if ever there was one :-bd .
Last edited by RIP on Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

:-bd

and it's stopped raining for the first time in a week :-bd :-bd
RIP

Post by RIP »

A fab version of "Lambrusco" on that video. Hilarious. Still tickets going for Kentish Town by the way - admittedly in that there Londinium place :wink: . I'm pretty sure I heard they were gonna play Mach so you'd best hold out for that :-bd .