Calling Ti Stooge owners

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

rufus748

Calling Ti Stooge owners

Post by rufus748 »

I can't find any info on the net regarding weight of the frames. I know there are a few owners on here and assume everyone weighed it as a bare frame?
How do you find the ride?
I'm 6'1" and like slightly more stretched out ride, (My large rooster has a lay back post and a 100mm stem).
I'm conscious it's a one size fits all and it may be a tad limited.
Cheers
whitestone

Re: Calling Ti Stooge owners

Post by whitestone »

Why not email Andy at Stooge, he's a helpful chap.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

I seem to remember the Ti ones available custom? Stu has one doesn't he?
AlasdairMc

Post by AlasdairMc »

I seem to remember it coming in about 1800g but I might be wrong - it was zigrat who mentioned it when he got his.

The ride is very like the steel, but faster based on the huge weight saving, especially with a carbon fork too. The 29er and 29+ versions ride slightly differently as the former is a bit shorter on the chainstay. I've owned both but am now very happy with my 29+ one. If you're ever near Edinburgh you're welcome to try mine out alongside the steel version that I use as a singlespeed.

The Ti is available custom as they're made to order.
Mariner

Post by Mariner »

If you want to try one I am in Exeter usually one day a week.
Zazen - nothing happens next this is it.
stucowp

Post by stucowp »

I do have one and it's amazing! I think Alastairmc is right with the weight it comes in around 1800 grams all the ti's are custom geometry as mine has a longer top tube than the steel model so you can tweak thinks as you need, it's biggest let down for some is frame space for frame bags but it hasn't bothered me, mainly as I run half frame bag usually with water bottle under rear traingle which I had added.

Andy is sound and really helpful at getting you built what you need.

From memory mine weighs 25.9lbs built with pedals running 27.5"+ wheels my 29er wheels are 2.3lbs lighter and I still haven't put them on yet as the plus wheels are great fun.

https://goo.gl/photos/tfqEQVqa2W6CUc4Q6

And then all dressed up for the ball!

https://goo.gl/photos/vp8z2mLo9jDQLQJGA

Another way it gets dressed!

https://goo.gl/photos/gcZXk4WfSK8qQHaYA

Hope these help give you an idea.

Mines also available for a test ride if you need and are near the Yorkshire dales.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

it's biggest let down for some is frame space for frame bags
I never understand this - my rather lovely Wildcat Stooge framebag is massive, granted the TT is low compared to many bikes out there but there's a surprising amount of room in the triangle as it's nice and long and doesn't taper to a single point at the HT.
May the bridges you burn light your way
stucowp

Post by stucowp »

Yeah it never bothers me either as generally I use a half frame bag anyway, I guess if you look at the majority of frames they just seem to have a larger seat tube maybe that gives the impression of a generally smaller space.
Ian

Post by Ian »

Bearbonesnorm wrote:
it's biggest let down for some is frame space for frame bags
I never understand this - my rather lovely Wildcat Stooge framebag is massive, granted the TT is low compared to many bikes out there but there's a surprising amount of room in the triangle as it's nice and long and doesn't taper to a single point at the HT.
Agree, there's more useable space in a Stooge framebag than most others, I reckon.
rufus748

Post by rufus748 »

Mariner wrote:If you want to try one I am in Exeter usually one day a week.
Thanks, I didn't realise you had one! It was difficult to tell on the ride, given the rain and mist. You could have been on a horse and I don't think I'd have noticed!! I may well take you up on this, cheers.

Appreciate everyone's contributions, I'll contact Andy. The fact the specs can be changed does make it appealing.

Cheers :-bd
Mariner

Post by Mariner »

Thanks, I didn't realise you had one! It was difficult to tell on the ride, given the rain and mist. You could have been on a horse and I don't think I'd have noticed!!
And I cleaned it specially for that. :lol:
Zazen - nothing happens next this is it.