Christmas plans

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

voodoo_simon

Christmas plans

Post by voodoo_simon »

Go on then, what's everyone's plans for Christmas?

Fairly straightforward for myself, family days on Christmas and Boxing day (trying my best to avoid the soaps!) and then hoping to have a baby sitter for my daughter in the Tuesday for a solo bike ride with Gruffalo hunting on Thursday :-bd

Wifey working New Year and I can't stand it, so take away curry. There's planning for you :lol:
Fat tyre kicker

Re: Christmas plans

Post by Fat tyre kicker »

Usual attack on the worlds alcohol and food reserves,
Was hoping for a mid week ride but looking doubtful, llandegla
Trip on the 3rd Jan.....not my choice but it's a day out :|
Dan_K

Post by Dan_K »

For the first time ever, we're spending it on our own at home, just the four of us. Can't wait. Loads of food and drink, a few walks and the odd bike ride.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

It'll be very much like any other day / week at the Towers ... because obviously, every day must be like Christmas here :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
FlyingFox

Post by FlyingFox »

Well my new rear derailleur and shifter has arrived so at some point I'll be fitting that and then a quick test. But that will be in and amongst the whole eating meat and shopping for the people I forgot about!
firestarter

Post by firestarter »

My Christmas leave ended today and I'm now back in work for the festive period :(
Gari

Post by Gari »

Yeh, working right through to the new year. I am a "bah Humbug" though so no problem for me, the folks I work with have family/partners etc so seems only fair that they get away. Wish me good weather for a ride tomorrow if you like :grin:
jBay

Post by jBay »

A mix of riding out side and watching the 11YO train at the Velodrome including NYE
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Gari wrote:Yeh, working right through to the new year. I am a "bah Humbug" though so no problem for me, the folks I work with have family/partners etc so seems only fair that they get away. Wish me good weather for a ride tomorrow if you like :grin:
More like a "bah chocolate lime"...
Gari

Post by Gari »

:lol:
jay91

Post by jay91 »

Woken up this morning feeling like rubbish :sad:
In-laws tomorrow for dinner and hopefully some bike riding boxing day
Trying to ride bikes.
slarge

Post by slarge »

Quick couple of hours on the CX bike early doors today, followed by a leaf raking session. Nearly done the whole drive, around 2 tonnes of wet leaves shifted. Family day tomorrow then Boxing Day CX race. A few days of walking interspersed with fitting a wood burning stove and raking the rest of the leaves (we're surrounded by trees which is great in the summer but hell when they drop their leaves).

Should have a day out at CYB with a couple of mates on the 29th as H is working, then a wine tasting day at some point.
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

Rode to Buxton last night to meet family at a friends Xmas party then back this morning. Been chilling this afternoon and now wrapping/chopping/drinking.

Tomorrow brings 9 round for food. Usually have a ride/run in the morning after presents then laze about and eat 'the meal' at 5ish
Mpolo

Post by Mpolo »

something like this over the next few days
https://ridewithgps.com/routes/18173835
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

Two hour ride around Wendover with the GoRide kids. There was a fat bloke in a red suit handing out sweets. Tomorrow is about damage limitation. Boxing Day is the annual 4-hr Turkey Ride and this year Im not going to be tail end Charlie all morning.

I'm just going outside ...
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Son is home from Uni [via Snowboarding in Alps], partner off with his kids n family so nice chilled day :lol: . Run with dog in the morning, cook n eat stupid amounts of food in afternoon, then probably carry on patching up living room n plastering in a bid to re-decorate over the school holidays.

Rest of the time is looking like shuttling and hanging out with son, more decorating, some course work for my Forest School leader qualification, lesson planning and hopefully some time on bike or running.
Sarah
rando nomad

Post by rando nomad »

No family nearby, so we're working on a triathlon a day- a 1/2 hr swim, 1/2hr at least bike ride and a 1/2 hr walk every day between Christmas Eve and New Years. We'll indulge in some treats , but otherwise just enjoy some quiet time
Javi

Post by Javi »

As I'm unable to enjoy Christmas with my family I've decided to ride from London to Lands End. Hope to finish tomorrow very late or early 28th.
https://ridewithgps.com/routes/18193797
RIP

Post by RIP »

Wow Javi, have just noticed your post. Impressive trip, hope it's going - or went! - well!
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Javi

Post by Javi »

RIP wrote:Wow Javi, have just noticed your post. Impressive trip, hope it's going - or went! - well!
It was great! I had no much spare time for this and rode many hours in the dark, pushing hard towards the end. Tons of punchy hills on the second half of the ride.
This was my ride on Boxing Day https://www.relive.cc/view/814894990
RIP

Post by RIP »

Seriously impressed there mate. Pity you had to go round via Exeter - the estuary at Exmouth isn't that deep surely :wink:
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
MuddyPete

Post by MuddyPete »

Javi wrote:As I'm unable to enjoy Christmas with my family I've decided to ride from London to Lands End. Hope to finish tomorrow very late or early 28th.
https://ridewithgps.com/routes/18193797
Javi - stunning stuff! The indirect route, on a single speed MTB as well :shock: .
Well done!
How did you get home?
May you always have tail wind.
Javi

Post by Javi »

I took a train from Penzance (10-20km from Lands End) to Slough via Reading. Those dates no bicycles were allowed within London area so I had to ride from Slough to Enfield in the dark again and on freezing cold weather. It was another 4 hours
MuddyPete

Post by MuddyPete »

:-O :-O :-O :-O
May you always have tail wind.