Bike Fit Apex

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

rocklobstercat

Bike Fit Apex

Post by rocklobstercat »

I was wondering if anyone on here has had a professional bike fit done on their mountain bikes. I've been looking into an Apex bike fit and have read good things about it improving comfort and performance. If anyone has had one done I'd be interested in your feedback.
slarge

Re: Bike Fit Apex

Post by slarge »

I have, but not with Apex (I went to a bloke in Leamington who people recommended). I got a road bike fit and for an extra £50 he fitted me on my MTB also. He measured joint angles and video'd me from front and side, and then moved my saddle down a bit and recommended shorter cranks (165mm instead of 175's to reduce the bend in my knee). I went to him with a cycling knee pain problem, and he diagnosed too much bend in my knees, and shorter cranks have completely fixed the knee issues. I got a bit quicker also.

The bike fit was the cheap bit. 7 bikes worth of shorter cranks has eclipsed that.

He didn't do anything you couldn't do at home (with the knowledge I now have, I will be able to set up bikes for me in the future.)
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

Yes on road bit, mob and fatty the other day. confirmed each frame was the correct size etc. On the road bike it has really increased my power and speed. On the mtb the control and comfort has improved. The fatty was pretty much spot on so we made some small changes which I am in the process of trying out.

Worth having done in my opinion. It was done by JP Saville at Quest Adventure.
stevenshand

Post by stevenshand »

JP Saville at Quest Adventure
there's a blast from the past.
Moder-dye

Post by Moder-dye »

I have my first bike fitting with Edinburgh Bike Fitting this Saturday. Road bike, but they do Mtb too.

Will be interesting to see the outcome as I've used a couple of online sites and apps to improve fit. These have definitely helped, but I still feel I have issues that need someone hands on to sort.