Pinnacle Ramin 3 plus - anyone got one?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

slarge

Re: Pinnacle Ramin 3 plus - anyone got one?

Post by slarge »

Get in touch with Mark at spokesman wheels - he'll tell you if there are adaptors for these hubs. Very helpful bloke.
firestarter

Post by firestarter »

Thanks for the reply definitely worth knowing and possibly picking up for the future. Some people seem to be having success running a 5mm spacer either side and a 5mm spacer under the disc mount and someone us selling a kit with a disc spacer and a 10mm hub spacer that requires a redish. So options out there. Thanks again

On the spares front can an xd driver be bought for these too? Ta
boxelder

Post by boxelder »

I've just got hold of this kit: http://www.ebay.com/itm/MTB-Tools-Adapt ... 2191498198
to make my existing front wheel boost. I want to switch the wheel from boost to standard forks without redishing. Can't see why it won't work, and just the rotor spacer faff to contend with.
holdsteady

Post by holdsteady »

was about to pull the trigger on one of these but price hiked up another £100 overnight - they are now £900
firestarter

Post by firestarter »

I'm still debating flogging my upgraded nearly new one this could increase the value of mine :)
Very good bikes btw I just haven't touched it since getting my Jones shortly after buying this
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

was about to pull the trigger on one of these but price hiked up another £100 overnight - they are now £900
I said it was too cheap :wink:

We'd best get used to these type of price rises post Brexit, 20% will likely be the norm - I predict it'll get a little worse before it gets any better.
May the bridges you burn light your way
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

Whyte bikes have had two price hikes since their 2017 launch!
johnnystorm

Post by johnnystorm »

A small price to pay knowing the NHS will get an extra £350,000,000 a week. :-bd
holdsteady

Post by holdsteady »

2017 model now on sale for £800.... is there going to be a 2018 version or has it been dropped from range? if there is, are there any significant differences other than the usual new model colour change?
jameso

Post by jameso »

holdsteady wrote:2017 model now on sale for £800.... is there going to be a 2018 version or has it been dropped from range? if there is, are there any significant differences other than the usual new model colour change?
I'd grab it sooner rather than later if you want one. The current 3 Plus is in the range until current (not particularly high levels of) stock sells out and after that I expect there will be a gap until we bring in a new equivalent, but that new equivalent may not be a B+ bike. It may be 29+, it may be a 29er/B+ SS - not fixed yet. There's usually one 'non-standard' model in the line up but it's not realistic to keep them going any longer than there's reasonable demand. Fair to say that rigid B+ bikes struggle for sales and shop floor space with us vs more conventional MTBs, sussers etc so it's just a case of exposure, demand and lifespan.