Bala lake

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

SteveM

Bala lake

Post by SteveM »

can anyone suggest a nice bivvy spot around the lake please, aiming to ride there next Friday before heading to bearstock on the Saturday

ta in advance
Bearbonesnorm

Re: Bala lake

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Although not next to the lake, my vote would be SH 957327.

There's a picnic area where the track turns off the road, however if you follow the track a short distance you'll find some nice flat, sheltered spots amongst the trees between the track and the river.
May the bridges you burn light your way
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

thanks Stu
MM-on-POINT

Post by MM-on-POINT »

I have shooting permission on a farm not far form there if you want the post code I can pm you it, and ring a head to let them know you will be there, you can have a fire but it need to be up the mountain away form the holiday cottages.
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

Bearbonesnorm wrote:Although not next to the lake, my vote would be SH 957327.

There's a picnic area where the track turns off the road, however if you follow the track a short distance you'll find some nice flat, sheltered spots amongst the trees between the track and the river.
Great spot that, lovely and flat.
frogatthefarriers

Post by frogatthefarriers »

Two places I've camped at Llyn Tegid.

SH 901322. It's between the Llangower railway station and the lake. If you're sleeping on the ground it may be a bit stony, but there are grassy places within a few yards. Need to come late/leave early 'cos it's a bit public. Lovely spot though.
Don't laugh, it was my first try at cycle camping. The trailer and gear weighed 27 kg.

Or here. SH 914333. Climb up the bank into the trees. I like to hammock it, so level ground is not critical for me, but there are flat spots with leaf litter.
Konia kują, żaba noge podstawia...