I won't do that again!

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

frogatthefarriers

I won't do that again!

Post by frogatthefarriers »

I took a couple of grandsons to Llandegla yesterday. After following them all the way around, on the last little bit I thought I'd have a little blast. Well my pedal caught on the ground resulting in a classic face/ground co-location. They came around the corner to see a wheel spinning and me in a heap gasping for air. I'll laugh about it in years to come but for now I'll just nurse my scrapes and bruises.

But it got me thinking. What if I'd been more seriously hurt? In Llandegla on a Saturday someone would have been along within a few minutes but somewhere more remote it would have left them in the doodoo with no way of getting home.

Red face. Lesson learned.
Konia kują, żaba noge podstawia...
composite

Re: I won't do that again!

Post by composite »

frogatthefarriers wrote: But it got me thinking. What if I'd been more seriously hurt? In Llandegla on a Saturday someone would have been along within a few minutes but somewhere more remote it would have left them in the doodoo with no way of getting home.
I tend to think that if you are going to worry about that sort of stuff then don't go out there in the first place. Within your context of taking your grand children out, stick to somewhere like a trail centre for your own peace of mind.

If the lesson learnt is to "take it easy", I wouldn't rely on that in it's self; you can still have a fall. I have had 2 very slow speed crashes that resulted in a broken arm from one and a broken rib from another. Every high speed crash I have had has been cuts and bruises.