What bikepacking gear have you just ordered/bought?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Adventurer

What bikepacking gear have you just ordered/bought?

Post by Adventurer »

Just ordered my most expensive item so far, a PGD Minim -5 in drishell. Hopefully it's going to be a versatile sleeping bag. I've already got a PHD liner bag so this can go inside to increase the bags range.

I tried a quilt and even though the quilt was good quality and would be ideal for many, I just personally could not get comfortable with a quilt.
So to save on buying bags that are just a compromise I though I would bite the bullet and get my ideal (I hope) sleeping bag.

So once this arrives I can hope fully get back to doing some adventures, well that's until I absolutely need some other bikepacking gear I can't do without.
TheBrownDog

Re: What bikepacking gear have you just ordered/bought?

Post by TheBrownDog »

I doubt I will use it bikepacking but I've just bought an SMD Lunar Duo for cycle tours. I cant believe how much room it has for the weight. t will be strapped to the top of my rear rack or go into a front pannier. Couple of Stu's CF poles are on the way too :grin:
I'm just going outside ...
slarge

Post by slarge »

Just received a Cumulus xlite 200 sleeping bag care of sister in law, and am chuffed with it so far. 370grams of olive green down filled goodness.... Hope to test it in a few nights time. :-bd
Stumpym4

Post by Stumpym4 »

Nothing exciting , A meths stove ( never used one before) and a set of aluminium pegs , oh and a down jacket to keep me warm :grin:
Laurensdad

Post by Laurensdad »

Made a template for a Wildcat custom framebag. :-bd
@philg1971 Instagram
Trail-rat

Post by Trail-rat »

bought a new tent to replace our threadbear vaude taurus.

After the first week of our nz cycle tour i swore that i would replace it with a tent that had a sizable porch.....

so after looking at a hilleberg nallo GT - we scaled back to a realistic budget and bought a wildcountry hoolie 2 ETC.
Naffa

Post by Naffa »

Lat week I bought my first 'down' coat from Decathlon and this week I had delivered a 13l saddle pack from a russian company advertising on ebay, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Uraltour- ... true&rt=nc

It was well reported on from the american sites and I must say that its very well made and excellent valjue for money. cant wait to start using it.
Teetosugars

Post by Teetosugars »

A 1x11 XT groupset for my Krampus.
Just on the hunt for a nice frame bag now.
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

A Luna Solo tent. Just waiting for a bloke in Wales to send me pole and some carbon pegs. :cool:
Mike

Post by Mike »

Just ordered a small apidura sale pack in the billys sale :grin:
Mrhoppy

Post by Mrhoppy »

That bloke in Wales is sending me a carbon pole and pegs soon too.

I'm waiting on a set of loops which should be here soon, I've also raided the sales for an ardent 2.4 for the stooge, electronic bits and bobs to set up a switch for the dynamo system. And I'm trying to decide between lightweight bivy options from ti Goat and Borah.
danielgroves

Post by danielgroves »

Montane Featherlight down jacket to keep me toasty during the evenings… and hopefully a new camera that is significantly smaller/lighter than my Nikon that has similar performance soon :grin:
Adventures and Photography Blog: danielgroves.net/adventures-photography
Twitter: @danielsgroves
Instagram: @danielsgroves
Photography on Facebook: facebook.com/danielgrovesphotography
Photography on Instagram: @danielgrovesphotography
Mike

Post by Mike »

Daniel can u post up the model of ya camera when u get it I'm looking to get a new one be interested to see what u go for? Ta
danielgroves

Post by danielgroves »

Bert AKA Mike wrote:Daniel can u post up the model of ya camera when u get it I'm looking to get a new one be interested to see what u go for? Ta
Certainly, I've narrowed it down to the last few now. Will stick it on the 'post' thread when I get it. :-bd
Adventures and Photography Blog: danielgroves.net/adventures-photography
Twitter: @danielsgroves
Instagram: @danielsgroves
Photography on Facebook: facebook.com/danielgrovesphotography
Photography on Instagram: @danielgrovesphotography
frogatthefarriers

Post by frogatthefarriers »

voodoo_simon wrote:Spot tracker on its way :-bd
Me too. Actually, it came a few days ago. Trying to find out how to sign it up etc was fraught, to say the least. Try searching the web and you get hundreds of reviews/opinions/adverts/guides but no howtos. the manual is woefully unhelpful to a tech-unsavvy like me. The annoying thing is, once you've found out how, the instructions make sense.
Konia kują, żaba noge podstawia...
Adventurer

Post by Adventurer »

Pirahna wrote:A Luna Solo tent. Just waiting for a bloke in Wales to send me pole and some carbon pegs. :cool:
I just bought a Luna solo as well. There were two left at ultralight outdoor shop. Next time I looked they were all gone. :cry: was that you? :shock: .

So bough one cheaper from America, reduced in price. :grin:

So ordered a Luna solo carbon pole too and also a afterburner stove.
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

Adventurer wrote: I just bought a Luna solo as well. There were two left at ultralight outdoor shop. Next time I looked they were all gone. :cry: was that you? :shock: .
:-bd
gentjim

Post by gentjim »

A replacement Tiger seat bag from Wildcat Gear, having "misplaced" my previous one, despite having torn the house apart looking for it. Grr. :oops:
Ah well, and as Beth suggested - it's now guaratneed to turn up, at least.
And a funny stem mounted bottle cage called a "Bheesty" from Alpkit - shifting my bottle might hopefully make my hike-a-bike sections more comfortable/bearable with the bike cleanly mounted on my shoulder - I figure it's important not just to plan for the glory-bits...
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

gentjim wrote:And a funny stem mounted bottle cage called a "Bheesty" from Alpkit - shifting my bottle might hopefully make my hike-a-bike sections more comfortable/bearable with the bike cleanly mounted on my shoulder - I figure it's important not just to plan for the glory-bits...
Didn't realise the Alpkit components were now available, when I looked they seemed to be in the "coming soon" category. Be interesting to hear how you get on with it, especially on bumpy ground.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
jam bo

Post by jam bo »

gentjim wrote:A replacement Tiger seat bag from Wildcat Gear, having "misplaced" my previous one, despite having torn the house apart looking for it. Grr. :oops:
And a funny stem mounted bottle cage called a "Bheesty" from Alpkit - shifting my bottle might hopefully make my hike-a-bike sections more comfortable/bearable with the bike cleanly mounted on my shoulder - I figure it's important not just to plan for the glory-bits...
carry a bike the french way. its much more comfortable..

Trail-rat

Post by Trail-rat »

Naffa wrote:Lat week I bought my first 'down' coat from Decathlon and this week I had delivered a 13l saddle pack from a russian company advertising on ebay, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Uraltour- ... true&rt=nc

It was well reported on from the american sites and I must say that its very well made and excellent valjue for money. cant wait to start using it.

I have one of these in the house....take some paracord with you when you go out on your first outing.....

if only the fella used decent clips and webbing. - the bag its self is good , the straps and clips are pish.- easily changed mind you and for the money is a decent size.
Ian

Post by Ian »

jam bo wrote:
gentjim wrote:A replacement Tiger seat bag from Wildcat Gear, having "misplaced" my previous one, despite having torn the house apart looking for it. Grr. :oops:
carry a bike the french way. its much more comfortable..

That's usually more difficult to do with a loaded bike as the centre of gravity is in a slightly different place, plus the bike weighs quite a lot more loaded.
jam bo

Post by jam bo »

I know rucksacks aren't the fashion for bikepacking but I still like one.

http://www.sportpursuit.com/catalog/pro ... /id/760163

Mountain Hardwear Scrambler outdry 30L waterproof rucksack. Hopefully a bit more robust than the alpkit gourdon that I trashed in Iceland.
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

A 490 mm Chinese full carbon fork replacing the OE 510 mm Charge Cooker cro mo fork and an OnOne carbon OG bar replacing an OnOne alloy OG bar for a whopping 1.8 lb weight saving. I can't believe how light the front end feels now. This bike weighed in at 30.4 lbs when I bought it new, it now weighs 26.2 lbs. A pair of Stans Crests on Hope hub wheels is mostly responsible for the rest of the weight loss. Some better cranks and hydraulic brakes could shed a further 1/2 lb but i'm not sure it's worth the cost. Having said that I will probably end up doing it if I get some spare cash.
When I fitted the fork I was rather concerned to see the wheel sitting a long way off centre but a quick perusal of the internet told me one of the drop outs was sitting slightly higher than the other one so a few minutes of careful filing soon had it spot on.
I only went the Chinese route as I got fed up of waiting for either CarbonCycles or OnOne to get in a 1 1/8" straight steerer fork in the right length. I saved between £50 and £100 depending if I had gone for an alloy or carbon steerer UK bought fork. I did have to wait 6 weeks for delivery though.
Considering the fork is fitted to a skinny tubed steel frame i reckon it looks pretty good. My backs on the mend too so should get out on it soon :-bd .

Last edited by Ray Young on Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:30 am, edited 4 times in total.