BB200 Route Details

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Richard G

Re: BB200 Route Details

Post by Richard G »

Echoing the compliments... was a great route, with a good combination of cursing Stu out, and being pleased at the level of challenge.

If I do another I'd definitely like to be fitter... and have an even lower gear available on the bike! :lol:
DrMekon

Post by DrMekon »

Was having great fun with Peter, Ian, and then mostly Stuart up to the descent towards the chippy at ~120km. Sadly, a nail made a good job of turning the tubeless strip in my front wheel into a pin cushion, but even the road ride back to the start was fun - amazing scenery, and great trails.

Definitely looking to come back for another crack.
stucowp

Post by stucowp »

Had a great day out some stunning scenery and climbs, got to ride with some great people DrMekon, Slarge and Ian B, disappointed for DrMekon having to abandon due puncture hell and sorry I didn't get to ride with Slarge longer after the chippy, great chips as well if a little slow service didn't they know the clock was ticking!

Stu and See great event really enjoyed it and I'll hopefully be back next year!
:-bd
larsmars

Post by larsmars »

DrMekon wrote:Sadly, a nail made a good job of turning the tubeless strip in my front wheel into a pin cushion
Is this your nail?

I had the same thing happen on the rocky descent down to Glen Ceiriog! It went in as shown in the photo and exited out the sidewall. The Stan's sealant just kept pissed out the side and I had to throw a tube inside (which later caught a massive thorn).
larsmars

Post by larsmars »

Stu - Defo a cracking route this year! I echo the sentiments already expressed above about the great balance of trail, gravel, tussock, loose bulls, etc... actually, it could have done with a bit more tussock and fog and steeper climbing, but now I'm just being fussy! :lol: :-bd
Giacomo

Post by Giacomo »

Cracking weekend. Roast dinner and two beers down, can't believe I'm still awake.
Thanks again Stu and Dee. See you next year.

Giacomo
johnnystorm

Post by johnnystorm »

Yep, what they all said, brilliant route. Not so sure I'm happy for the tussocking to be replaced by firing squad again though. :lol:
larsmars

Post by larsmars »

johnnystorm wrote:Not so sure I'm happy for the tussocking to be replaced by firing squad again though. :lol:
:lol: :lol:
Single Speed George

Post by Single Speed George »

Well that was hilly, but nice to meet the people from here and ride with people, knees are stiff after the single speed grinding, need a different gear next time, but ye just good to finish th whole thing tbh
welshwhit

Post by welshwhit »

Thanks Stuart and Dee for organising another cracking event, really enjoyed it!

Great company from Giacomo and Andy along the way and loads of other happy folk along the way!

Thanks

Drew
Last edited by welshwhit on Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave42w

Post by Dave42w »

Farawayvisions wrote:Dave42, you seem to be lost.
I felt I wouldn't make the cutoff so took to the roads :-)

A great weekend!
Ben98

Post by Ben98 »

Adam and I pulled out at about mile 60, rode to a friends in llandegla and got the train home this afternoon, all a bit rubbish really! Great route and hospitality from Stuart and Dee, I'll be back next year!
atk

Post by atk »

First BB200 for me, huge thanks to Stu and Dee for putting on a great event! :-bd

Thought the route was really good, nice balance of on- and off-road and off-bike stuff. The temptation of tea and breakfast made those last few road climbs bearable (especially when being passed by AlanG and Ian and finding out they'd slept for 7 hours!)

A big thanks to Rich and Shona too for the lift down and company around the route (and for de-tubing my tyres the other week which came in pretty handy where the farmer was chopping those hedgerows!). Finally, cheers to anyone that held one of the many gates open at some point along the way!
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Oh god, I'm in so much pain today. Left achilles is red and swollen, and right calf is still completely seized up. Only just about managed to get downstairs to my computer.

Edit - What madness is this? Only 19,537 feet on my route. 20k or why bother turning up I say.
Dyffers

Post by Dyffers »

Like everybody else said, many thanks to Stu and Dee.

I thought the route this year was excellent (especially in the context of last years' :wink:) in particular every descent for the first 70 miles or so. After that, as if Stu's getting soft on us, it seemed to get a little bit less technical for the overnight stuff.

Personally I had a steady ride that kept on getting steadier after about 70 miles. At 2am I finally accepted that I no amount of caffienated gels would offset doing night shifts the week before and slept on some nice dry and warm hardstanding on a garage forecourt in Llanerfyl. That sorted my legs and head out and I had a lovely dawn ride to the finish for a blue this year, completing the set. :-bd

See you all next year

Paul (on the Purple Yelli Screamy)

Bard

Post by Bard »

First BB200 & definitely won't be my last, especially after missing out on a black badge by 30 minutes.

Thanks to Stu for a superb route, less cursing than expected & some great descents. Loved the river crossing :-bd

Also a big thanks to all the great people I rode with (Rob, George, Rich, Paul, Matt, Adrian, Lisa & Rob, & others whose names escape me) after my Garmin decided it only wanted to show me the first 50km of the route! Thanks for letting me leech of your navigating skills, especially Adrian who had to deal with that horrendous bog crossing at 4am :grin:

Cheers

Mark