What should you have kept?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

jay91

Re: What should you have kept?

Post by jay91 »

Ian wrote:
Dave Barter wrote:My T25 VW camper van
We're planning on selling our T4. I have a feeling I'll regret it one day.

I've been eyeing up some lovely T2's. A poll of consenting adults in our household has ended in a split vote :|
if your going to sell ian I may know someone who's interested.
Trying to ride bikes.
Ian

Post by Ian »

Cheers Jay. A small queue has formed as a result of earlier comments, so if it's not sold sooner, I'll let you know.
godivatrailrider

Post by godivatrailrider »

macinblack wrote:
I'd like to add my collection of 70's / early 80's punk singles to the list too.
Never got rid of mine, not that I listen to them now, they sound far too tame.
I've got every record I've ever bought .... now my daughter has my turntable in her room and was ecstatic to find Joy Division, Kennedys, Smiths, Cure etc in the loft :)
godivatrailrider

slarge wrote: So we got a T5 instead, bigger, more comfortable, safer, quieter, more reliable, cheaper to run, better in all respects. Still want a T2 though for when we're going nowhere fast!
Good call. On my 2nd T5 now .... takes us all over, quickly, reliably, comfortably, stylishly and reasonably economically. For us, best vehicle on the road :)
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I've got every record I've ever bought .... now my daughter has my turntable in her room and was ecstatic to find Joy Division, Kennedys, Smiths, Cure etc in the loft :)
She might not have been too chuffed had she discovered Chaotic Dischord or Demented arego :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
godivatrailrider

Bearbonesnorm wrote:
She might not have been too chuffed had she discovered Chaotic Dischord or Demented arego :wink:
;) I kept the Anti Nowhere League and Crass in a different box ;)
godivatrailrider

I suspect I may regret selling the Buell
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I was thinking about this subject last night and as someone who tries hard to live life with no regrets, was a little surprised by how many things I could add to the list :roll:

Clutch driven supercharger for a Kawasaki Z1 ... only ever seen one other and unlikely to see anymore.

'76 Honda CB750 with a full Yoshimura engine ... sold it for £400, what a nob.

Superflow Dyno ... no use for it these days but such a lovely thing to play with.

I suppose the the things I regret selling are the things that I could never replace, no matter how much money I had.
May the bridges you burn light your way
Charliecres

Post by Charliecres »

Don't really regret selling anything but I do look at my old 26in Inbred SS in my brother's garage from time to time and remember just how light and flickable it was. But then I just start thinking about a Ti Stooge with carbon wheels ...
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

godivatrailrider wrote:I suspect I may regret selling the Buell
I wanted an S1 but bought an M2, wifey insisted on the dual seat and then never got on it. In the 14 months I owned it, either through recalls or warranty it went through 3 exhausts, 2 engine mounts, swinging arm, rear shock and a complete respray are the things I can remember, there were a few more items. I used it daily and it never left me stranded but it was only a matter of time. With a 2500 service interval and amount of work listed above it was in the dealers every 2 to 3 weeks. I sold it when the warranty expired. It was great fun to ride and I look back on Buell ownership with fond memories, not something I'd like to re-visit though.
godivatrailrider

Pirahna wrote:
I wanted an S1 but bought an M2, wifey insisted on the dual seat and then never got on it. In the 14 months I owned it, either through recalls or warranty it went through 3 exhausts, 2 engine mounts, swinging arm, rear shock and a complete respray are the things I can remember, there were a few more items. I used it daily and it never left me stranded but it was only a matter of time. With a 2500 service interval and amount of work listed above it was in the dealers every 2 to 3 weeks. I sold it when the warranty expired. It was great fun to ride and I look back on Buell ownership with fond memories, not something I'd like to re-visit though.
Obversely I owned that S1WL (though technically it was a Lightning Strike not a White Lightning) for 13 years. It has the full race exhaust on which sheared once, replaced under warranty, other than that , it had the recalls, but they were precautionary. Never broke down or gave me any issues. Bonzo off of UKBEG bought it and it's now in Australia. I don't regret selling it, it was SORN'd for the last four years I had it. I'd prefer someone was riding it and enjoying it.
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

Bearbonesnorm wrote:...had she discovered Chaotic Dischord ...
I dunno about that - Chainsaw Disasters FTW!

Greetz

S.
AlasdairMc

Post by AlasdairMc »

My steel Stooge. I sold it when I got the Ti and kept my El Mar instead, but I reckon it would have made for a lovely SS commuter/play bike.
frogatthefarriers

Post by frogatthefarriers »

Bearbonesnorm wrote:
1955 BSA BB32.
Clubmans trim?

Yup! it had been owned by an apprentice at the BSA factory and had everything - GP carb, RRT2 box. I bought it for £55 from a mate. I could weep when I think of it.
Konia kują, żaba noge podstawia...
macinblack

Post by macinblack »

Wish I still had this:

Glad I haven't still got this:

However, I still have my GPz Turbo languishing in the garage for when I can justify the cost of new turbo and restore.
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

macinblack wrote: However, I still have my GPz Turbo languishing in the garage for when I can justify the cost of new turbo and restore.
I believe one of them holds the 'unofficial' record for JOGLE... Sub 12 hours!!!
macinblack

Post by macinblack »

Wouldn't be surprised, they go like hot snot and are so skinny by today's standards that white line weaving was never a problem.

Think it might be a bit too scary for me now, if i ever get it running again.
RobMac

Post by RobMac »

godivatrailrider wrote:
Pirahna wrote:
Obversely I owned that S1WL (though technically it was a Lightning Strike not a White Lightning) for 13 years. It has the full race exhaust on which sheared once, replaced under warranty, other than that , it had the recalls, but they were precautionary. Never broke down or gave me any issues. Bonzo off of UKBEG bought it and it's now in Australia. I don't regret selling it, it was SORN'd for the last four years I had it. I'd prefer someone was riding it and enjoying it.
I suddenly feel right at home now (for the first time) on here, I've got a S1 White Lightning and a M2 :smile: