Rear lights

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

quimarche

Rear lights

Post by quimarche »

What do people do for rear lights when riding with a large seat pack? (Once I've fitted my Tiger there's precious little space for a seat-post mounted light.)

And any recommendations for USB-rechargable lights?

C.
HaYWiRe

Re: Rear lights

Post by HaYWiRe »

I use a small LED clip light attached either to the end of my seatpack, or a loop on my waist bag, though both these options make it difficult to angle the light perfectly for traffic.

I then have military SOLAS IR glint reflectors on my seat stays, forks and helmet, stealthy during day, very bright at night (plus they're picked up by SAR helicopter cameras in emergencies)

Most of the time off road they're not needed, but my routes always have some busy traffic sections

For road specific use I have a rack mounted long LED strip, and more SOLAS strips in white and red, proven to be bright enough for night and winter rides, without having to dress up like a traffic cone :lol:

I'm looking for a good front torch though, my lights help me be seen, but don't do jack to help me see what's ahead...
slugwash

Post by slugwash »

I got one of these the other day from T K Maxx for £5.99. It easily fits to your jersey, waterproof, rucksack, rear pack or whatever so it's always easy to configure it with what ever situation/set-up you find yourself in when the fog, mist or darkness rolls in. Despite looking like a front light the LEDs are red when it's switched on...

https://www.nbmonitors.com/product/LED_ ... fety_Light
Yorlin

Post by Yorlin »

I've got one these http://www.cateye.com/intl/products/detail/SL-LD100-R/ somewhere. The loop makes it very easy to attach to the end of a saddlebag/rucksack loop/buckle. It can swing about a bit though, but it's 360 visibility. Seems to go in and out of production for some reason, but if you can find one they are pretty good.

Or you could try a new light altogther.... http://www.bathchronicle.co.uk/glowing- ... story.html
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

quimarche wrote:What do people do for rear lights when riding with a large seat pack? (Once I've fitted my Tiger there's precious little space for a seat-post mounted light.)
I have my exposure flare cable tied (don't use O-rings, these break and then you lose your light...) to my tiger.

Just about see it here:

P1040248 by Chris Reeves, on Flickr
Ian

Post by Ian »

I have a Lezyne light that clips onto the webbing of the four-way buckle on the rear of the Tiger.