Forkin cages!

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

ootini

Re: Forkin cages!

Post by ootini »

I saw these in Halfords last night: http://www.halfords.com/cycling/accesso ... age-strips

£2.99 per pair, no idea how strong / substantial the grip would be, but I'm thinking three packs gives you six clips, three per side (as required for Gorilla cage) assuming the suspension fork tubes are long enough to accommodate three all spaced properly, if not just go with the two clips. Very low profile and quite cheap. If they're strong enough to grip properly and work well, could be a good budget alternative to monkii clips etc.
jam bo

Post by jam bo »

The zefal gizmo is much the same idea.
jam bo

Post by jam bo »

I take it back. Found the long bolt in the packaging for the monki clip. Seems to clip onto a RS revelation pretty securely.

I think a zefal gizmo at the bottom to stabilise the cage and it might just work.
ootini

Post by ootini »

Won't the gizmo have a much lower profile than the monkii clip and cause it to bend the cage ? Just a thought
benp1

Post by benp1 »

The elite bottle cage things are great

I've only got one bottle cage on my Solaris, the clips let me fix a second one on
jam bo

Post by jam bo »

ootini wrote:Won't the gizmo have a much lower profile than the monkii clip and cause it to bend the cage ? Just a thought
With on of the mounts from the gorilla cage on top it should be fine, or a couple of washers should space it out.