WRT 2015 'Weigh in' results.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Richard G

Re: WRT 2015 'Weigh in' results.

Post by Richard G »

I'd actually be really interested in knowing what you had on you. As a newbie to all of this I'm intrigued as to roughly how I ended up 20lb+ heavier, large water load aside.

Certain things I'll never really change (I always carry a serious first aid kit and enough gear to basically fix most bike issues), but I wonder about other things like clothes, food etc.
Ian

Post by Ian »

Fantasticmrmatt wrote:
Alpinum wrote:So Ian, you carried a bit more, gentleman like, as you rode with Beth, but then still only 33.5 lbs. Not bad... not bad at all. Especially considering you must have had all the gopro rummage too

The weigh ins are with food and at least .5 l water?
Apart from when we bumped into Beth & Ian I couldn't help but notice Beth had a frame bag and Ian was carrying nowt :-)
The frame bag was nearly empty - it had food in it, but we'd eaten most of it!

Beth's bike never made it to the scales actually, so we'll never know how gentlemanly I was :oops:
The bare bike weight is a good bit more than mine though, so Beth was almost certainly carrying more weight then I was, but I did have 13 + 8 litres of storage + 0.6 litres of water, plus camera bag. Beth had 8 + 5 litres + frame bag and nothing on her back.

My camera gear didn't actually make it to the scales - I guess it was none essential and I could have left without it. By filming our ride I'm providing a public service to those who decided the weather was too horrible to ride :lol: The video is uploading to Vimeo as I speak, so it'll be along as soon as I've squeezed three quarters of a gigabyte of data down a small internet pipe.
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

Out of interest...was anyone in the top 10 (aside from me) running front shocks? I'm curious to know how the weight was shaved off the bikes above me, besides running carbon forks which would knock another 1.8lb off Lois.

Greetz

S.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Out of interest...was anyone in the top 10 (aside from me) running front shocks? I'm curious to know how the weight was shaved off the bikes above me, besides running carbon forks which would knock another 1.8lb off Lois.
Looking at the names, I think everyone below 40lb was rigid except Si ... could be wrong but I think he was hardtail.

Interestingly, 4 steel frames in the sub 40lb bracket :ugeek:
May the bridges you burn light your way
Slacker

Post by Slacker »

Scattamah wrote:Out of interest...was anyone in the top 10 (aside from me) running front shocks? I'm curious to know how the weight was shaved off the bikes above me, besides running carbon forks which would knock another 1.8lb off Lois.

Greetz

S.
Only front suspension ?????
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

You were on full suss, Si? As per usual, I was most likely spacing out if/when I saw you. :)

Interesting stat there re: steel frames.

Below 40lb there is quite a drop off down to Zippy's featherweight offering. I feel like I'm missing a trick.

Greetz

S.
Slacker

Post by Slacker »

On a full suss and left a bit more kit at home , need a bit of comfort as I get older.