Nesting with my Alpkit 650 ti mug

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

BreninBeener

Nesting with my Alpkit 650 ti mug

Post by BreninBeener »

Hi, it seems a good idea to have a plastic (or maybe metal) cup to nest in or around my Ti cooking pot/cup, so i can cook n drink at same time. Any advice with what nests please?

Thanks

Ian
jameso

Re: Nesting with my Alpkit 650 ti mug

Post by jameso »

I have a mytimug with a 450 ti cup inside it, and a 330 inside that, very adaptable to space and cooking needs. Was easy to fing the right size from dimensions listed on product sites, ebay etc. I'm fed up of drinking from hot ti cups though so I'm on the lookout for a suitable 330ml plastic cup, worth considering to try it all out anyway.
BreninBeener

Post by BreninBeener »

Great, thanks. I will have a look and see what i can turn up.

Ian
Hoojum

Post by Hoojum »

Mines an older 750ml pot, however, I found the 2 minute porage cup fits inside just right. Any of those 'just add boiling water' types of cups work well. Porage, pot noodle etc.
Charliecres

Post by Charliecres »

I have an ordinary plastic mug with the handle cut off (from Cotswold Outdoor, I think) that fits perfectly inside my old-style MyTimug.
firedfromthecircus

Post by firedfromthecircus »

Charliecres wrote:I have an ordinary plastic mug with the handle cut off (from Cotswold Outdoor, I think) that fits perfectly inside my old-style MyTimug.
And I got this advice from Charlie (I think) and bought one too. Works well. Just don't try to be too smart in cutting the handle off sub flush as it leaves very little thickness and as it gets slightly softer with boiling water I think it will prove to be a weak point in time. :oops: